The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheAnon121
How come OP isn't updating the first post with the countdown?

Posted from TSR Mobile
m

Cause the OP is lazy :wink:
Original post by ScienceFantatic
CIE IGCSE English Language for anyone who wants

image.jpg

If they published that one, surely the other subjects should be on somewhere as well, shouldn't they?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sulaimanali
I got Edexcel GCSE and iGCSE Mark schemes if anyone wants anything..

Also, by the way...does anyone know if resitting a GCSE subject other than English/Maths is allowed?

Where did you find them???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by octoberrain
If they published that one, surely the other subjects should be on somewhere as well, shouldn't they?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I just posted that because most people only do english

The others can be found on a website called GCEGUIDE
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1470944983.773743.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1470944994.189287.jpg

My classmates and I are trying to figure out why it says 156/200 (78%) for an A*, but some of them got something like 87% and an A only, or 69% and a C.
That looks more like a 90% for an A* boundary - how do they calculate it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 625
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1470944983.773743.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1470944994.189287.jpg

My classmates and I are trying to figure out why it says 156/200 (78%) for an A*, but some of them got something like 87% and an A only, or 69% and a C.
That looks more like a 90% for an A* boundary - how do they calculate it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, it's a scaled mark and not a mark of the boundaries.

The percentage UMS mark shows where you fell on the boundary.

For example, 69% is a high C (a B is 70%).

87% is a high A (90% is an A*).

90% = A*, 80% = A, 70% = B etc.
@octoberrain :smile: PM me (with ur email so i can send them, as i can't atttach here), if u want any...
Reply 627
Does anyone by any chance have the mark schemes/question papers for OCR Gateway Physics B (or Biology and Chemistry)?
Original post by sulaimanali
@octoberrain :smile: PM me (with ur email so i can send them, as i can't atttach here), if u want any...

I found them, thanks though :smile:
Original post by ad4m
Hi, it's a scaled mark and not a mark of the boundaries.

The percentage UMS mark shows where you fell on the boundary.

For example, 69% is a high C (a B is 70%).

87% is a high A (90% is an A*).

90% = A*, 80% = A, 70% = B etc.

I'm confused...
I'm confused...

ums boundaries and raw mark boundaries are two different things - boundaries for raw marks change each year, depending on the performance of the cohort, while ums boundaries stay the same each year (90% A* 80% A 70% B etc). the point of having ums is to make sure that changes in a papers difficulty can be accounted for. the raw mark boundary is what you actually got on a paper, and then this is converted into an equivalent ums mark, which is what's on your results sheet. the document shows what raw mark you need for each grade.
but if you're a ums or two off the next grade it's worth getting a remark since that's only a few raw marks
Reply 631
I'm confused...

So you will have the general grade thresholds published by Cambridge. For example in 0522 English:

A* = 106
A = 96

The mark you see on your results sheet is your scaled uniform mark. This is a mark out of 100% to show basically the amount of credit you managed to achieve out of 100%.

So if I achieved 98 marks in this specification. I would be given 82% as my scaled uniform mark. This shows that I achieved a low A.

If I achieved 125 marks in this specification. I would be given 100% as my scaled uniform mark. This shows that I achieved 100%.

If I achieved 105 marks in this specification. I would be given 89% as my scaled uniform mark. This shows that I achieved a high A, and 89% will often mean one (or very few) marks off A*.

Hope this helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Website is called gceguide
13 days to go.
sahil where u at it's 00:00 :biggrin:

EDIT: DAMN U GOT ME :rofl:
Original post by surina16

EDIT: DAMN U GOT ME :rofl:

He's always on time, but anon 😡😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by surina16