The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Marginally failed to meet LSE entry requirement

I currently hold a conditional offer from LSE for BSc Accounting and Finance (NN34), with requirement of AAA for my A-level. I just got my results ytd and my grade was A*A*BB. Could anyone tell me what are the chances of me getting a place?
Reply 1
Original post by munheng
I currently hold a conditional offer from LSE for BSc Accounting and Finance (NN34), with requirement of AAA for my A-level. I just got my results ytd and my grade was A*A*BB. Could anyone tell me what are the chances of me getting a place?

You trolling? A-Level results aren't out yet!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by L33t

It's already out for my region. We have access to our results on 11Aug while UK students on 18th
Reply 3
Original post by munheng
It's already out for my region. We have access to our results on 11Aug while UK students on 18th

Wow, you did very well then, congratulations regardless of what happens! I would say with 2 A*s in the mix of your results you'll have a very good chance as although you have not met one grade requirement (with the B grade) you have surpassed it in two others (the two A*s). That said, you never know until the uni makes its decision, but I don't see why not those are a very high and worthy set of grades.

Well done and best wishes for the future :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by L33t
Wow, you did very well then, congratulations regardless of what happens! I would say with 2 A*s in the mix of your results you'll have a very good chance as although you have not met one grade requirement (with the B grade) you have surpassed it in two others (the two A*s). That said, you never know until the uni makes its decision, but I don't see why not those are a very high and worthy set of grades.

Well done and best wishes for the future :smile:

Well I hope so... but the fact it LSE UG courses are highly oversubscribed. So worried that I cant secure a place
Original post by L33t

They are out for the CIE board
Reply 6
Original post by munheng

Best to refer to offerholders guide available on the LSE website the relevant section is below. They should make a decision fairly quickly but you will probably need to wait for all the A level results to be available to determine if any spaces are available. Good Luck. Maybe be a good idea to contact LSE.

LSE Offerholders guide.

What happens if I fail to meet the conditions of my offer?
If you marginally fail to meet the conditions of your offer (which means you have missed your required conditions by one grade), your application is automatically referred back to the Admissions Tutor in mid-August for reconsideration. Your application is then assessed in competition with all other applicants who have marginally failed to meet the conditions of their offer. Unfortunately, there is no guarantee that your place will be confirmed by the School.
A level example: You are asked to obtain AAA at A level and you achieve A*AB.Unfortunately, achieving a higher grade in one subject will not compensate for a lower grade in a different subject. This means that you will have marginally failed to meet the conditions of your offer.
(edited 7 years ago)
you've still missed your offer, but you should definitely be at the top of the waiting list for gaining a place once all offers from other candidates have been met. however, LSE is a firm and insurance choice for many students who will have gained AAA and, despite your amazing achievement at a-level, they will ultimately be given priority over you. i sincerely hope you gain a place because A*A*BB is a great set of results!

have you considered remarking any of the B grades?
Reply 8
I am at the LSE, and my friend also is. She applied for Politics and Philosophy (AAA), but got A*A*B. She still got offered the place, and is studying there right now! But that just shows there is a good chance you still have your place :smile:
A*A*BB is really good for an AAA course tbh.

I think you deserve the place but I suppose its for LSE to decide.
Reply 10
Original post by tanyapotter
you've still missed your offer, but you should definitely be at the top of the waiting list for gaining a place once all offers from other candidates have been met. however, LSE is a firm and insurance choice for many students who will have gained AAA and, despite your amazing achievement at a-level, they will ultimately be given priority over you. i sincerely hope you gain a place because A*A*BB is a great set of results!

have you considered remarking any of the B grades?

of the 4 subjects I take, three are in considerations of my place. so that 1 required subject i got 77. Not sure whether remarking will help.
Reply 11
Original post by Jamie S
I am at the LSE, and my friend also is. She applied for Politics and Philosophy (AAA), but got A*A*B. She still got offered the place, and is studying there right now! But that just shows there is a good chance you still have your place :smile:

Yea hopefully..
Thank you so much for your response. Appreciate it
Did you get in
Original post by DisLexsick
Did you get in

bump

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending