The Student Room Group

American degrees

I what to study biology at an ivy leauge collage in america as an international student then come back to the uk to do a post grad in medicien in the uk. Is a deegree from top collages in america respect as much as uk deegrees. I have also ready that american degreez are only equiverlant to uk as levelsisthis true or just snobbery
Original post by Awsomecatgirl
I what to study biology at an ivy leauge collage in america as an international student then come back to the uk to do a post grad in medicien in the uk. Is a deegree from top collages in america respect as much as uk deegrees. I have also ready that american degreez are only equiverlant to uk as levelsisthis true or just snobbery

Yes, an American degree will be treated as equal to a British one, but can you afford it?

It doesn't make sense to do an undergraduate degree in the States and then grad medicine in the UK. If you know you want to be a doctor then you should focus on applying for medicine. Graduate entry medicine is much more competitive than the standard 5 year medicine degree.

Quick Reply

Latest