The Student Room Group

2017 Investment Banking Graduate scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Princepieman
GCB6 sounds right, the i-banking teams start at gcb6 instead of gcb8

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheers *
Just graduated from Imperial with an engineering degree. I have interned at a bulge firm over summer but it was in Technology. From what I've seen banks don't take on summer interns or grads unless they're in the penultimate or final year of study, so am I out of luck unless I do a masters? Even if I do find something to apply for, I saw that it was very difficult to get a straight grad offer without previous intern experience (in that area of work), so is it even worth applying to grad schemes?
Original post by Hypnotized
Just graduated from Imperial with an engineering degree. I have interned at a bulge firm over summer but it was in Technology. From what I've seen banks don't take on summer interns or grads unless they're in the penultimate or final year of study, so am I out of luck unless I do a masters? Even if I do find something to apply for, I saw that it was very difficult to get a straight grad offer without previous intern experience (in that area of work), so is it even worth applying to grad schemes?

Could still try for off cycle internships

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just did test for UBS, didnt' know they dropped the logical one.

EDIT: I have seen Jp didn't put the Spring internship positions out as did last year, anyone has any info about them?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 104
Original post by Arrow92
Just did test for UBS, didnt' know they dropped the logical one.

EDIT: I have seen Jp didn't put the Spring internship positions out as did last year, anyone has any info about them?

Hey, so there is only the normal numerical SHL one? Just to make sure. Gonna do the test the next days.

No further info on jp, but apparently it was a reaction to brexit... before the referendum i talked to a senior guy and he told me that spring internship was planned as usual...
Original post by amal90
Hey, so there is only the normal numerical SHL one? Just to make sure. Gonna do the test the next days.

No further info on jp, but apparently it was a reaction to brexit... before the referendum i talked to a senior guy and he told me that spring internship was planned as usual...

awww, thanks for the newsYes, as far as I have seen there is just the numerical standard SHL (at leastfor CCS). I did it on Thursday and rejection has not come so far, so I would say it's definitely just one test.
Anyone got Credit Suisse online test invitations yet? Aren't they automatic once the application is received?
Hi guys,
I will be going into my final year for BSc Mathematics at the University of Manchester (aiming for a 1st) and so far I had an internship at a local bank in Moldova and a short internship with a technology company in England after my first year. This summer I am completing an internship in the financial department mainly doing risk management and commodities trading in an agribusiness in Moscow. I was wondering if I have any chances if i apply for grad schemes, considering that I don't have a relevant internship in UK and that I also come from Uni of Manchester whcih is obv lower regarded than Oxbridge, Imprial, Lse and so on. I would happily apply for a 2017 summer internship again, but the costs of doing a Master the year after are too high for me. So what do you recommend I do? Thanks!!!
Original post by leagmer
Hi guys,
I will be going into my final year for BSc Mathematics at the University of Manchester (aiming for a 1st) and so far I had an internship at a local bank in Moldova and a short internship with a technology company in England after my first year. This summer I am completing an internship in the financial department mainly doing risk management and commodities trading in an agribusiness in Moscow. I was wondering if I have any chances if i apply for grad schemes, considering that I don't have a relevant internship in UK and that I also come from Uni of Manchester whcih is obv lower regarded than Oxbridge, Imprial, Lse and so on. I would happily apply for a 2017 summer internship again, but the costs of doing a Master the year after are too high for me. So what do you recommend I do? Thanks!!!

really depends on which division/which banks you wanna get a role in! wouldn't worry too much about unis, they hire from much much lower ranked ones than Manchester
Original post by TheParham
really depends on which division/which banks you wanna get a role in! wouldn't worry too much about unis, they hire from much much lower ranked ones than Manchester

I am aiming for S&T or AM
Original post by leagmer
I am aiming for S&T or AM

if at BB I recommend you go for summer.. just my opinion tho
Original post by JWScandic
Anyone got Credit Suisse online test invitations yet? Aren't they automatic once the application is received?

Haven't have the test as well. waited for a week already
Reply 112
I cant see any of the graduate jobs from Credit Suisse ??? can someone help me and post a link please?
Reply 113
For UBS it says you need 300 UCAS points... i only have 280... would this be a problem?
Reply 114
Morgan Stanley deadline is the 26th of August
Original post by jxh499

is there a list anywhere with the banks and their deadlines?
Original post by jxh499

For summer or just grad? This sort of indicates they are clearly not hiring many for grad.
Is the J.P. Morgan Grad deadline still whatever it is, or have they moved it forward to August too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 118
Commerical Paper - I can't confirm whether its for both, but your right on the not hiring many for grad, read an eFin article that corroborated the sentiment. I haven't heard anything in regards to JP.
Original post by leagmer
is there a list anywhere with the banks and their deadlines?

They normally state it on their website.........

Quick Reply