The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nahimjustaworm
I did EPQ too. Got told I had a B, but it was only a mark within the B boundary. I'm happy with a B but worried that it will drop to a C :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah I'm sure you should be fine! The teachers have to mark it at least 2-3 times to get an accurate idea, so if they say that you have a B, chances are, unless it changes, you should have a B. The staff that mark it have to stick to a strict scheme, so their marking should be almost accurate :smile:
Original post by TheHammeredDog
I dropped it, I couldn't stand English, hence the lack of revision. The only reason I took it was for Law at university, and I realised in the January of that year that Law was not the subject for me.

Ah I see, some of it does get a bit dull, but it's the better subject of the two for me as regards to knowledge :smile: Oh, at least you knew for sure so that you didn't have to continue with a subject that you didn't like for the sake of nothing :smile: What do you want to do now?
Original post by Serine Soul
I did the EPQ but my teacher didn't hint my mark/grade at all :'(

I probs got a C though

I only got told mine because I kept asking about it! :rofl: I just wanted to make sure that I had done well so I knew what I had to do as regards to how hard I had to push myself for the other subjects! If it aids you, one of my teachers said that it was incredibly difficult to fail EPQ, and that most people get grades C and higher.

I'm sure that you've done really well!
Original post by QueenBee98
Ah I see, some of it does get a bit dull, but it's the better subject of the two for me as regards to knowledge :smile: Oh, at least you knew for sure so that you didn't have to continue with a subject that you didn't like for the sake of nothing :smile: What do you want to do now?

Economics at the University of Birmingham, I doubt I'll be sleeping on results day night while I wait for Track to update. Where are you off to?
Ah I'm sure you should be fine! The teachers have to mark it at least 2-3 times to get an accurate idea, so if they say that you have a B, chances are, unless it changes, you should have a B. The staff that mark it have to stick to a strict scheme, so their marking should be almost accurate :smile:

Hijacking a conversation here but that makes me so happy because I've been told my EPQ was an A* 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
FWIW

UCAS will not make Track live at 6am (or any other time when their call centre isn't open).

Their call centre opens at 7:30am on results day. They say Track will be live at 8am.

https://www.ucas.com/corporate/about-us/contact-us

Don't waste an hour or more refreshing the track login page from 6-7:30am it isn't worth it.
Economics at the University of Birmingham, I doubt I'll be sleeping on results day night while I wait for Track to update. Where are you off to?

I'm hopefully going to Bishop Grosseteste to do a Primary Education course :smile: Oohh that sounds fun! :biggrin: Awh bless you! I've been alright actually so far, I've just told myself that if I don't get in then it's not the end of the world :rofl: I have no clue what I'm going to be doing first - results or track.
[QUOTE="QueenBee98;66877604"]I did EPQ as well! :smile: Did you get told your grade before it was sent off though? I was told a rough estimate, but it gets marked a few times by the teachers before it is sent off, so their estimate has to be close.[/QUOTE

My predicted grade was an a* but the teacher refused to tell us what grades she had given us! I'm hoping I don't get a nasty surprise on results day 😭
Original post by KatieAlicexxx
Hijacking a conversation here but that makes me so happy because I've been told my EPQ was an A* 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah that's alright :rofl: :rofl: Ooohhh yay well done! :smile: Yeah my teacher was saying that she marked it and then it was marked again by someone else who is VERY experienced with marking this subject and it stayed the same! :biggrin: I got an A, but I was quite surprised as tbh I struggled quite a lot! :rofl:

What did you do your report on?
I wish I could just get my results now...

We have to go pick them up, the car journey is going to kill me. They aren't posted online until 2pm.
Original post by Serine Soul
Lol I was the opposite to that, every homework/assignment was an A, my coursework was practically full marks, then bam, D in LITB1

I remember laughing when I saw it, then crying

I was the same! Full marks all year then pulled a C on the exam. I remember being so confident for the exam as well, it makes me even more scared for this year because I need an A but what if what happened last year happens again </3
[QUOTE="Lularose83;66877916"]
I did EPQ as well! :smile: Did you get told your grade before it was sent off though? I was told a rough estimate, but it gets marked a few times by the teachers before it is sent off, so their estimate has to be close.[/QUOTE

My predicted grade was an a* but the teacher refused to tell us what grades she had given us! I'm hoping I don't get a nasty surprise on results day 😭

I'm sure you won't do :smile: You would have done really well! :biggrin: I never got told my predicted grade for EPQ, so I just went with it! I'm expecting a nasty one, but I'm not sure whether I'm going to laugh or cry! :rofl:
(edited 7 years ago)
image.jpeg
I'm hopefully going to Bishop Grosseteste to do a Primary Education course :smile: Oohh that sounds fun! :biggrin: Awh bless you! I've been alright actually so far, I've just told myself that if I don't get in then it's not the end of the world :rofl: I have no clue what I'm going to be doing first - results or track.

I think it's best to check Track first, that way you get the initial burst of emotion out of the way away from everyone. If friends fail and I do well then I don't want to make them feel worse by seemingly bragging, and, conversely, if I don't do well then I want to be prepared for when I open my results.
Reply 3614
Can't wait for results!!!
I'm not nervous just annoyed it's too far away.
i can't stop doubting myself about whether or not i covered all the points in those two CCD questions in the astrophysics section of unit 5 physics....

when it asks to describe the part of the CCD where the image is formed, it means the silicon chip right? or is it talking about th electrodes connected to it, or something else completely?! or the pixels?

@Cadherin @DesignPredator
I think it's best to check Track first, that way you get the initial burst of emotion out of the way away from everyone. If friends fail and I do well then I don't want to make them feel worse by seemingly bragging, and, conversely, if I don't do well then I want to be prepared for when I open my results.

I guess that is a good idea :smile: Yeah, that's one of the many downsides to results day: You usually have the ones who do quite well when their friends do badly and vice versa. It's hard to console them - there was quite a lot of that at GCSE. I would like to mentally prepare myself.. but the only problem is that, if track updates at 8, I'm already going to be at college then as I have to go in early as my parents are at work and I don't live in the town.
I can't believe results day is in 6 days?? Like seriously, where has the time gone :frown:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thevamps99xo
I can't believe results day is in 6 days?? Like seriously, where has the time gone :frown:
Posted from TSR Mobile

I done this research placement this summer and all i could think of was results day lol not a great feeling
Ah that's alright :rofl: :rofl: Ooohhh yay well done! :smile: Yeah my teacher was saying that she marked it and then it was marked again by someone else who is VERY experienced with marking this subject and it stayed the same! :biggrin: I got an A, but I was quite surprised as tbh I struggled quite a lot! :rofl:

What did you do your report on?

I did mine on the effects of complex carbohydrates and lipid consumption on the body because I want to go into dietetics! How about you? I struggled loads too, I hated EPQ😂😂

Quick Reply

Latest