The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

I need a suggestion and real life examples about my application to UOS situation

Hey everyone,

I am from Istanbul/Turkey and I m holding a postgraduate taught course offer from EE department. There is one thing that I m curious about. My Ielts score will go public tomorrow morning but I m not confident that I m gonna get min 6 from Writing(I think I ll get 5.5) However, I m certain that my overall score will be over 6.5 . Do I still have chance to be accepted to postgraduate study.? Do you guys know any real life example like accepted to uk university with this kind of ielts score?
Original post by dudeeee
Hey everyone,

I am from Istanbul/Turkey and I m holding a postgraduate taught course offer from EE department. There is one thing that I m curious about. My Ielts score will go public tomorrow morning but I m not confident that I m gonna get min 6 from Writing(I think I ll get 5.5) However, I m certain that my overall score will be over 6.5 . Do I still have chance to be accepted to postgraduate study.? Do you guys know any real life example like accepted to uk university with this kind of ielts score?

Hi :smile:

We're delighted that you're considering coming to Sheffield for a postgraduate course and we understand that this is a worrying time as you wait for exam results. The guidance from our International Office is that you upload your IELTS certificate for review by the department, even if your scores are below the conditions of your offer. We consider applications on a case-by-case basis so we'll take everything into account when we make our decision.

Best regards

Elizabeth
UK/EU Recruitment Officer
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending