The Student Room Group

A girl that never texts first - question

I want to keep it short so I will just ask it straight away: a girl, that some time ago showed interest in me in real life, doesn't text me or try to contact in any way at all BUT replies pretty quickly and seems nice when we talk. The problem is, I can't figure out whether she's interested or not.

It's been at least a month since I saw her last time (she lives on the other end of the town) so I can't really tell. I texted her once to start a convo, we talked for a while but then she had to go after few minutes (to be fair it was pretty late).
After that I was hoping she would initiate a conversation but she didn't. After 5 days I couldn't take it anymore and texted her again. Yet again, we talked for a while (a little bit longer than before), found some things we had in common and in general she seemed nice, but she had to go again. And it's all over again, been a day and nothing.

Normally I don't bombard girls with texts unless I know for sure they are interested, but in this situation I'm torn. She does reply when I text and seems nice, but I had a weird feeling she didn't really want to talk which is why she went off twice just after few minutes of chat.

I guess the best way to found out whether she's interested is to ask her out, but I don't want to make myself look foolish if she doesn't even care about me.
She might just not be a big texter or is busy. Save yourself all this worry about why she's not texting first and whether she likes you by just asking her out.
Doesn't text you but replies to you quickly? Yeah mate, you're in the friendzone, gg. Ask her out and see for yourself.
Original post by RDKGames
Doesn't text you but replies to you quickly? Yeah mate, you're in the friendzone, gg. Ask her out and see for yourself.

How did u come to that conclusion?
Original post by Anonymous
How did u come to that conclusion?

Because it's pretty obvious. It's what girls do when they're not interested in a guy but would like to stay friends.
Reply 5
could be playing hard to get or maybe friendzondd

Also some girls think it's bad for a girl to text first

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
She was the first to 'make a move' when we first met so I never actually thought about being friendzoned.
I would ask her out but what's the point if it seems she doesn't even want to talk with me and only replies to not look like a *****.

I wish girls were more straight forward instead of these psychological games :smile:)
She was the first to 'make a move' when we first met so I never actually thought about being friendzoned.
I would ask her out but what's the point if it seems she doesn't even want to talk with me and only replies to not look like a *****.

I wish girls were more straight forward instead of these psychological games :smile:)

Ignore rdkgames. You've only messaged her 2 times maybe try messaging her when you thinks she free to talk longer (I know that's a bit).

Good luck hope it works out for you.
Original post by RDKGames
Because it's pretty obvious. It's what girls do when they're not interested in a guy but would like to stay friends.

Obviously can't speak for other girls; but this is true for me.
Reply 9
Sadly, instincts are usually true and not initiating is a sign she's not really up for it.
Original post by AdeptDz
Also some girls are morons

fixed that one for ya
cringing at the number of you using the term friendzone.
OP If I were u I would remain persistent with her and continue to message her once a week or so and try and make the convos interesting (if she's asking questions too then you're doing well).

But at the same try and not get too attached to her (I know it's hard if you're messaging her). Just try and make sure she isn't your priority.
time^
as a girl we usually(not everybody obviously) but most girls believe that the guy should text first so if she isn't texting first don't be surprised. she may actually really like you(hopefully, fingers crossed)!
I'd like to interject heremail and ask why does no one pick up the phone? !

Op you're here texting, not sure if she is busy. Trying to flirt and get some foundations to ask her out... just call her. See the connection you have when you're having a decent conversation. You will also say so much more talking than texting.
OP If I were u I would remain persistent with her and continue to message her once a week or so and try and make the convos interesting (if she's asking questions too then you're doing well).

But at the same try and not get too attached to her (I know it's hard if you're messaging her). Just try and make sure she isn't your priority.

Once a week is too long, before you know it some other man will have her attention. People move on so fast these days. Just ask her out the next time you see her. If she says yes then great, if she says no then you haven't lost out.
I want to keep it short so I will just ask it straight away: a girl, that some time ago showed interest in me in real life, doesn't text me or try to contact in any way at all BUT replies pretty quickly and seems nice when we talk. The problem is, I can't figure out whether she's interested or not.

It's been at least a month since I saw her last time (she lives on the other end of the town) so I can't really tell. I texted her once to start a convo, we talked for a while but then she had to go after few minutes (to be fair it was pretty late).
After that I was hoping she would initiate a conversation but she didn't. After 5 days I couldn't take it anymore and texted her again. Yet again, we talked for a while (a little bit longer than before), found some things we had in common and in general she seemed nice, but she had to go again. And it's all over again, been a day and nothing.

Normally I don't bombard girls with texts unless I know for sure they are interested, but in this situation I'm torn. She does reply when I text and seems nice, but I had a weird feeling she didn't really want to talk which is why she went off twice just after few minutes of chat.

I guess the best way to found out whether she's interested is to ask her out, but I don't want to make myself look foolish if she doesn't even care about me.
just make it really casual. Tell her you were thinking about her recently and just wanted to say hello.
100% in the friend zone bro. She texts you back to be polite, then gets bored and fobs you off quickly, never initiating conversation again. The only reason a girl would text you first is if she wants the D.
Sad......

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending