The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KatieAlicexxx
I did mine on the effects of complex carbohydrates and lipid consumption on the body because I want to go into dietetics! How about you? I struggled loads too, I hated EPQ😂😂

Wow... that's a lot to do! Ah I chose the normal kind of topic :rofl: I ended up doing about to what extent American Serial Killers were influenced by their past experiences etc. I think all of my research was online as I couldn't find any books.
Original post by tanyapotter
i can't stop doubting myself about whether or not i covered all the points in those two CCD questions in the astrophysics section of unit 5 physics....

when it asks to describe the part of the CCD where the image is formed, it means the silicon chip right? or is it talking about th electrodes connected to it, or something else completely?! or the pixels?

@Cadherin @DesignPredator

Hey, yeah that's what I talked about! And for the second part I just talked about how photons striking the pixels cause an image to formed. Hopefully that's right... :wink:
ANYONE WANTS TO DISCUSS F214, F215, F324, F325, PSYA3 or PSYA4????? I'M LITERALLY GOING NUTS
I'm doing an AS in Creative Writing. It's an extra curricular thing. We got one session a week after school where we learnt bits and bobs and then we did coursework and an exam. I'm worried about results day, as I'm in Y10, going into Y11, and everyone else is going to be in sixth-from. I feel like I'm going to be in the way. No-one in my school has ever got an A in this course at AS, so I would be happy with a B, but would be somewhat disappointed with anything less. I'm really stressed about it now. :s-smilie:
Original post by milutin767
ANYONE WANTS TO DISCUSS F214, F215, F324, F325, PSYA3 or PSYA4????? I'M LITERALLY GOING NUTS

I did F324 and F325.

Did the bio and Chem ones

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by marioman
I did F324 and F325.

How did you find F325? It really felt more difficult than the 2015 one! :frown:((
:damnmate:mood.

2B5B8ECD00000578-0-image-a-30_1439548507441.jpg
Original post by tanyapotter
i can't stop doubting myself about whether or not i covered all the points in those two CCD questions in the astrophysics section of unit 5 physics....

when it asks to describe the part of the CCD where the image is formed, it means the silicon chip right? or is it talking about th electrodes connected to it, or something else completely?! or the pixels?

@Cadherin @DesignPredator

Me too, that may be another mark or two down the drain... CCD asked about the structure (silicon chip with indentations/wells) and then a basic applied explanation of electron liberation via photons from potential wells. (I think anyway).

I did F214 and F215😂😂 I don't expect anything above a C 😬
anyone wants to discuss f214, f215, f324, f325, psya3 or psya4????? I'm literally going nuts

f214 and f215 were my worst exams
Wat if my grades aint good but it was my dream to become a pilot i tried putting effort in my grades do i qulify to be a pilot.
How did you find F325? It really felt more difficult than the 2015 one! :frown:((

I found unit 4 quite easy and unit 5 okay (easier than 2015) but made a f*ck ton of silly mistakes.
Shout out if you agree that universities should have access to the UMS scores which can be an extra factor in consideration in deciding who to take from someone who narrowly missed the offer. As I personally think its unfair if someone who missed their offer by 1 UMS mark gets rejected from their uni whereas if the uni had access to the UMS they may have taken that person still as it was a very very very small miss.

I agree. I think that some posters on the thread made out that it was one of the easiest ever but I didn't think so at all. Certainly wasn't as hard as the 2013 ones but was quite similar to January and June 2012.
Original post by ninjass
Shout out if you agree that universities should have access to the UMS scores which can be an extra factor in consideration in deciding who to take from someone who narrowly missed the offer. As I personally think its unfair if someone who missed their offer by 1 UMS mark gets rejected from their uni whereas if the uni had access to the UMS they may have taken that person still as it was a very very very small miss.

There's no evidence that UMS is a predictor of success at universities.

If you want it to be taken into account apply to Cambridge (where they've collected UMS manually and have built an evidence base) - no other university has the evidence base to make decisions based on UMS. We do have an evidence base to make decisions based on overall grades, module grades (some courses will look for good grades in key modules, others will look for consistency, others will look to see if poor performance in a less useful module was behind a missed grade), special circumstances, personal statements, references, AS performance, GCSE performance, performance v school success etc etc etc.

Just giving universities access to UMS now (especially in the last year when it will exist for most people) is a waste of time and effort.

If you're 1 mark of a grade then get a priority remark and inform your university that you're getting a remark. IF they even reject you http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=1433-most-people-get-into-their-firm-despite-not-meeting-their-offer
I just want to know now!!! I have no idea what to expect but I don't think I've done terribly in any of my subjects so I'm not too nervous (yet)

I preferred this years EEE paper to last years. Probably only because I knew far more content when I sat the exam, compared to when I sat my mock.
I was surprised by the RPA paper, I was not expecting the last analysis question to be structured like that. It was very different from the horrible 2015 paper.
no option on the poll for expecting A*A*A*A*, very disappointed and confused as this is TSR afterall

sort it out
Original post by PQ
There's no evidence that UMS is a predictor of success at universities.

If you want it to be taken into account apply to Cambridge (where they've collected UMS manually and have built an evidence base) - no other university has the evidence base to make decisions based on UMS. We do have an evidence base to make decisions based on overall grades, module grades (some courses will look for good grades in key modules, others will look for consistency, others will look to see if poor performance in a less useful module was behind a missed grade), special circumstances, personal statements, references, AS performance, GCSE performance, performance v school success etc etc etc.

Just giving universities access to UMS now (especially in the last year when it will exist for most people) is a waste of time and effort.

If you're 1 mark of a grade then get a priority remark and inform your university that you're getting a remark. IF they even reject you http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=1433-most-people-get-into-their-firm-despite-not-meeting-their-offer

Surely that would be a waste of time telling them you are a mark off and want to remark AFTER they reject you as they cant reverse the decision?

Quick Reply

Latest