The Student Room Group

French mayor bans burkinis

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ribbit1234
I'd rather go to Egypt or morroco. Anyway, it won't be a law here so u can stop wishing. And many of the Muslims in Saudi only appear to be strict Muslims from the outside. Many are f'd up, drink and do haraam. I've seen and spoken to a few who say it's the norm there but it's just all undercover.

It will be soon enough. The veil at least anyway along with all face coverings.

Don't get me wrong, it's not just Islam. I hate all religions - they're all evil. They're a cancer on the world and the world will be a better place without them.
Reply 141
I agree with the people who say that Muslims should abide by the French rules, as non-Muslims are forced to abide by Islamic rules when they go to Muslim countries. Overall, I agree with the ban. However, there is no need to attack the religion and its followers. Ive seen too much islamophobia on tsr in recent months.
Reply 142
Original post by MeYou2Night
Hopefully it will be one day. Then you're free to go. I'd happily pay for your plane ticket, first class and the lot!

Why wouldn't you as a Muslim want to live in Saudi? The holiest place for all Muslims?

Why stoop down to this level?
Reply 143

Don't get me wrong, it's not just Islam. I hate all religions - they're all evil. They're a cancer on the world and the world will be a better place without them.

Why are all religions evil? What have religions such as Hinduism and Buddhism done to you?
Original post by Pra99
Why stoop down to this level?

Only if she wants to go, if she doesn't like it as much as she claims.

For example I wouldn't live in a Muslim country as I don't like it. Same logic.
Original post by sebby491
Not missing the point. I believe in the foundations of our society which is freedom. That is what France stands for. This is pure hypocrisy and they are limiting the freedoms of people. Yes they are secular but they still have FREEDOM of religion, if you don't like that then go and join some communist or fascist dictatorship.

I take it you are French then?

If not it is not your society

France does not stand for 'freedom' what ever that means

Countries always have and do, get over it being Muslim does not exempt people from having their 'freedoms' limited (I note you don't complain about Muslim women not being allowed to go naked on the beaches for example)

You need to look up what this 'freedom' allows and what restriction country can place on religion (a hint here read the law and don't think what you 'believe' to be in any way shape or form correct in the slightest)

Or an Islamic country :smile: as I don't think even the fascists expected their women to cover from head to toe when outside so in this regard they are better than some Muslim countries.
(edited 7 years ago)

Ahh cool, Fair enough, you're entitled to your own opinion. As long as you don't hate and discriminate actual individuals because of their religion.
Reply 147
Only if she wants to go, if she doesn't like it as much as she claims.

For example I wouldn't live in a Muslim country as I don't like it. Same logic.

Ok, then. It just sounded like you just wanted all Muslims to leave.
Original post by Pra99
Why are all religions evil? What have religions such as Hinduism and Buddhism done to you?

Buddhism isn't a religion for starters.

Hinduism has big problems to. Major violence against Muslims in India for example ironically. Which is wrong obviously.
Original post by teenhorrorstory
The mayor of Cannes has banned the wearing of burkinis - full-body swimsuits - on the beaches of the French Riviera resort famous for its annual film festival, officials said on Thursday.
Mayor David Lisnard signed off on the ruling that "access to beaches and for swimming is banned to anyone who does not have (bathing apparel) which respects good customs and secularism," which is a founding principle of the French republic.
"Beachwear which ostentatiously diplays religious affiliation, when France and places of worship are currently the target of terrorist attacks, is liable to create risks of disrupting public order (crowds, scuffles etc) which it is necessary to prevent," it says.
Thierry Migoule, head of municipal services for the town, sought to clarify the ruling's intent.
"We are not talking about banning the wearing of religious symbols on the beach ... but ostentatious clothing which refers to an allegiance to terrorist movements which are at war with us," he said.

Burkinis banned on Cannes Riviera beaches by French mayor - The Telegraph
https://apple.news/AVJQTqAaaRaKTNe5_BrQzIQ

Thoughts?? I think this is quite frankly ridiculous.

Great Success !!!

Original post by Pra99
Ok, then. It just sounded like you just wanted all Muslims to leave.

Of course not. Apologies if I came across that way.

Ahh cool, Fair enough, you're entitled to your own opinion. As long as you don't hate and discriminate actual individuals because of their religion.

I'd only discriminate against someone based on their actions. Not what they call themselves etc
I don't hate the west and also don't want them to bend for us. We respect the laws of the west, but it's blatantly obvious that the French president is racist against Muslims and is constantly targeting them and discriminating against them. A bit like how white police officers target and discriminate black Americans. You're comparing me to Isis ?? Lolollll, bigot. I wouldn't even wear the burka or bikini but it's just pure racism and discrimination. You wouldn't understand cuz ur not a minority so wouldn't ever be judged or stereotyped in the way we are.

I didn't compare it to ISIS. I'm talking about western liberals who won't see the truth and will destroy our civlization because of their own sense of moral and intellectual superiority.
Reply 152
Original post by Lord Samosa
I thought the west was a place where a woman could wear what she wants? Without men dictating what she can and cannot wear, how is this any different.

An elected mayor banning a single item of clothing on a special place of the public space is different from a whole country banning women to show their hair (or even face) in any situation. People in France that infringe the law about face covering are only fined, not thrown into a prison or beaten.

The burkini ban would only prevent access to the beach, no fine or prison for that.

It should also be noted that the burkini ban can be overturned by an administrative judge (and I think it will be).

I hope you can see the differences.
Original post by HAnwar
Yes, how dare a woman cover up and choose what she'd like to do with her own body.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its a security risk, end of story.

In Germany for example there is a law that states no individual is to be fully disguised in public for security reasons, and here we are talking about allowing full body concealment. I hope you're joking.

Its also amazing how you keep pushing the narrative about western society being responsible for bad assimilation. We were WAY too weak and spineless in this regard, and now we're paying the price. Absolutely ridiculious.
Original post by Josb
An elected mayor banning a single item of clothing on a special place of the public space is different from a whole country banning women to show their hair (or even face) in any situation. People in France that infringe the law about face covering are only fined, not thrown into a prison or beaten.

The burkini ban would only prevent access to the beach, no fine or prison for that.

It should also be noted that the burkini ban can be overturned by an administrative judge (and I think it will be).

I hope you can see the differences.

I don't see why propose banning it? It just seems silly and counter productive. (Do you support the ban on it?)

I mean I'm all for a burka/niqab ban, as not being able to see someone's face can be troublesome. But banning a hijab for example or burkini in this case just seems pointless.
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
I didn't compare it to ISIS. I'm talking about western liberals who won't see the truth and will destroy our civlization because of their own sense of moral and intellectual superiority.

And I'm telling you it's not that deep, Muslims are a small minority, we do not plan to take over and the U.K. is not going to become an Islamic country. Underaged pregnancies, drinking/drug problems on the rise, unemployment, failed education etc is more of a threat to the civilisation u r talk about than Muslims
Original post by the bear
Great Success !!!

Rather, great failure of multiculturalism. :cool:
Original post by Galaxie501
Its a security risk, end of story.

In Germany for example there is a law that states no individual is to be fully disguised in public for security reasons, and here we are talking about allowing full body concealment. I hope you're joking.

Its also amazing how you keep pushing the narrative about western society being responsible for bad assimilation. We were WAY too weak and spineless in this regard, and now we're paying the price. Absolutely ridiculious.

how is this a security risk?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

#welcometoourplanetcaptainkirk

Im also talking about the Burka, not only the "burkini". Anyone can hide under a Burka, including terrorists.

While a "Burkini" might not represent an equal secuirty risk to a Burka, its certainly a security risk for my eyes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending