The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

What are people's plans if results day goes badly and you're rejected? Clearing? Gap year?
Original post by ninjass
Surely that would be a waste of time telling them you are a mark off and want to remark AFTER they reject you as they cant reverse the decision?

I think they can reverse the decision. After all if you do the remark and you end up meeting your offer then it's not your fault whoever marked it first did it wrong
Original post by milutin767
ANYONE WANTS TO DISCUSS F214, F215, F324, F325, PSYA3 or PSYA4????? I'M LITERALLY GOING NUTS

I thought PSYA3 was brilliant and PSYA4 was on the average leaning towards bad side! But, last year I thought I did TERRIBLE in PSYA1 and I ended up getting 98% and I thought I aced PSYA2 and I got a D! So it's so hard to predict anything. Just praying for a B overall...:s-smilie:
Best of luck to you! :smile:
Original post by ninjass
Surely that would be a waste of time telling them you are a mark off and want to remark AFTER they reject you as they cant reverse the decision?

In the case of a remark they can reverse a rejection

edit: and in certain other cases they can too - it's a ballache and needs the involvement of UCAS but it's possible
Original post by sophiehaddad
I thought PSYA3 was brilliant and PSYA4 was on the average leaning towards bad side! But, last year I thought I did TERRIBLE in PSYA1 and I ended up getting 98% and I thought I aced PSYA2 and I got a D! So it's so hard to predict anything. Just praying for a B overall...:s-smilie:
Best of luck to you! :smile:

I thought PSYA3 was awful, the gender question messed it all up for me and I won't be getting the A I need...
Original post by JMACM98
I think they can reverse the decision. After all if you do the remark and you end up meeting your offer then it's not your fault whoever marked it first did it wrong

Ah ok thank you. So in the hypothetical case i miss mynoffer by 2 ums and i want a remark should i phone the uni or email the admissions tutor for myncourse to let them know about this? Or both?
When do the edexcel grade boundaries come out? I've heard it is a few minutes past midnight on the 17th (so really late on the 16th)
Original post by ninjass
Ah ok thank you. So in the hypothetical case i miss mynoffer by 2 ums and i want a remark should i phone the uni or email the admissions tutor for myncourse to let them know about this? Or both?

If it was me personally I'd do both to be safe but definitely ring so you can get verbal confirmation then and there. Let them know you were only a mark off and that you're applying for a priority remark. I think sometimes they can refuse to reverse it but more likely than not theyll give you the chance
Original post by GrandMasti
When do the edexcel grade boundaries come out? I've heard it is a few minutes past midnight on the 17th (so really late on the 16th)

That's correct.
Original post by JMACM98
If it was me personally I'd do both to be safe but definitely ring so you can get verbal confirmation then and there. Let them know you were only a mark off and that you're applying for a priority remark. I think sometimes they can refuse to reverse it but more likely than not theyll give you the chance

Thanks!
Original post by smegsxo
I thought PSYA3 was awful, the gender question messed it all up for me and I won't be getting the A I need...

Oh, I didn't do gender. I did relationships, eating and perception! I'm sure you have done great :smile:
Original post by ninjass

Get the priority remark sorted ASAP and then ideally call up the admissions office with your exams officer on hand to let them know.

When you call a university ask for and write down the name and job title of who your speak to and what they say and then follow up any conversation by email to confirm what was said.

The sooner you contact them the better - however some universities will not honour remarks, others will only offer a deferred place if you meet your offer after a remark.
Original post by sophiehaddad
Oh, I didn't do gender. I did relationships, eating and perception! I'm sure you have done great :smile:

I did relationships too (and managed to mess it up!) but I really doubt I've got above a C in that paper, I didn't answer Gender so that's 24 marks down the drain
Original post by tanyapotter
i can't stop doubting myself about whether or not i covered all the points in those two CCD questions in the astrophysics section of unit 5 physics....

when it asks to describe the part of the CCD where the image is formed, it means the silicon chip right? or is it talking about th electrodes connected to it, or something else completely?! or the pixels?

@Cadherin @DesignPredator

I waffled a bit over what was needed for this two I talked a little about PWs but I think that that was limited to the 3 marker.

I think for two marks:
-Regular array of
-Silicon picture elements (pixels)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TheHammeredDog
Firm: University of Birmingham
Insurance: University of Sheffield.
Current thoughts? Absolutely fookin terrified

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which course?
Original post by naz.97
Which course?

BSc Economics (I pray).
If I don't get into Uni, I have no idea what I will do with my life. :frown:
Original post by SCIENCE :D
If I don't get into Uni, I have no idea what I will do with my life. :frown:

What do you like doing?
Original post by QueenBee98
Wow... that's a lot to do! Ah I chose the normal kind of topic :rofl: I ended up doing about to what extent American Serial Killers were influenced by their past experiences etc. I think all of my research was online as I couldn't find any books.

That sounds really interesting! I was going to do something like that 😜

Posted from TSR Mobile
But why is results day later this year? It was 13th last year (tomorrow)...

Petition?

Quick Reply

Latest