The Student Room Group

British schoolgirl who ran away to Syria with her two friends dies in airstrike.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Epicurean
I have no doubt my views will be controversial. I don't find this a cause to celebrate over. How I see it, a young British citizen died. A young British teenager who was radicalised in our country. What this evidently highlights is that we have a problem in the UK where teenagers are becoming radicalised and it is an issue we need to address. So in these situation I don't celebrate, but mourn the loss young lives which could have accomplished so much more if we could have prevented such indoctrination taking place.

She stopped being "British" the moment she decided to board that plane for Syria, she herself threw that identity away.

I don't care where she was born and raised, if you leave your mother country to join ISIS you should have your passport and citizenship stripped and left there.

You can't trust these people, they are Islamists that despise our very own way of life. .
They leave this country to join this group of backwards misogynistic psychopaths, then try running back when they feel out of their depth there and realise it's not all its cracked up to. Well I'm sorry but these girls have made their beds and they need to lie in it. They become members of ISIS when they join them, regardless of their age. Our air strikes will hit members of ISIS, which includes them.
Mixed feelings about this: On the one hand I feel sorry for her family who (presumably) lost her to Syria through no knowledge of their own, on the other hand I'm glad that another potential terrorist is dead. I'm also quite saddened that she had been misled by ISIS propaganda and that this death counts as yet another on their hands.We need to crack down on Islamic extremism and start watching what is actually taught in Mosque's to prevent this happening more. It saddens me greatly that our young british folk are being wooed by these snake charmer-esque psychopaths.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by swirly
Swear down one of her friends was buff aswell:colonhash:

Yes, one of the girls in her photo was really pretty.
When I first heard one of them was dead I was pleased. But only for a few minutes. She was a 17 year old girl. I have a 19 year old son. Thinking about someone so young dying for a cause actually upset me. I absolutely and utterly blame her parents/wider family for not being more on the ball and speaking to her and any other siblings about IS and the evil they are. Apparently it's not part of their culture to openly discuss such things with one's parents. A Muslim ages ago online said if she ever tried to discuss IS with her parents all hell would break loose ,especially by her father,for even mentioning them by name. But if it is all going to be swept under the carpet then it's hardly surprising these things happen.
Original post by markova21
Yes, one of the girls in her photo was really pretty.

So what is she was really pretty? :s
Original post by WhisperingTide
No sympathy for three dead, misguided teenagers? Have you become the monsters you hate so quickly?

No sympathy at all. None.

Will you still be virtue signalling your "sympathy" for terrorists like her as you go down on your knees and bare your neck for her blunt knife?
I will save my sympathy for those who really deserve it; the homeless, the refugees who've lost their livelihoods because of ISIS and war, the starving, the orphans and those in poor health
No sympathy for three dead, misguided teenagers? Have you become the monsters you hate so quickly?

Sure, you can cry for a 17 year-old who made the decision to join up with a gang who had (by the time she joined) been widely-known to have engaged in genocide, torture, widespread sexual slavey etc etc but the rest of us can steer clear of such sanctimonious apologist drivel**
Original post by teenhorrorstory
So what is she was really pretty? :s

I was replying to someone else's comment.

May I take the liberty of relating this to another recent thread about the maturity and intelligence of 17 YOs and whether they should be able to vote in UK elections. Several TSR members argued that they should as 17 YOs were grown up and sensible enough to vote. Errrrrrrrr, the rank stupidity of those three doesn't help that cause.

The girls knew what they were going to so sympathy is in fairly short supply atm.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 111
Zero sympathy from me
Reply 112
Original post by topkart
Not mourn. Just don't celebrate like a sick **** who enjoys the torture of others. 'YEEEEAHHHH HANG HER HIGH, CUT HER HEAD OFF, SHOW THE WORLD HOW MORAL AND GOOD WE ARE, WHY CANT EVERYONE BE MORAL LIKE US, TORTURE TORTURE TORTURE TORTURE'.

Pathetic.

Sorry that you are angry

Spoiler

Joining Da'esh is pretty much the 21st Century equivalent of joining the Waffen SS. I have no sympathy for her & this should be a lesson to other muppets who want to join a deathcult. I do hope it was quick though; I don't think even she deserved a painful death.
Original post by Tempest II
Joining Da'esh is pretty much the 21st Century equivalent of joining the Waffen SS. I have no sympathy for her & this should be a lesson to other muppets who want to join a deathcult. I do hope it was quick though; I don't think even she deserved a painful death.

Who are the people who have sympathy, except for her immediate family?

I can understand theres a human interest side about a young girl/woman making some very naive misguided decisions and paid for it with her life.
Oh dear, how sad, nevermind.

Zero sympathy.
Original post by KimKallstrom
:

Whenever I see you post, I just imagine you doing the action that Dana Scully is doing in your sig, just before you write your response. It is so very apt at times.
Reply 117
Oh, the poor. Joined a terrori group. Thoose poor opressed muslims.
I do have a little sympathy for her since she was only 16, confused and I guess a girl.
More than anything, this saddens me. She had a life to be grateful for but ended up, ultimately, travelling to her own death

Quick Reply

Latest