Original post by PQ
What do you like doing?

Do you mean like interests/hobbies?
Original post by CaitlinN15
Yeah and texted to me .. smh :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's even worse haha...
Original post by JME_CHG
But why is results day later this year? It was 13th last year (tomorrow)...

Petition?

It's the third Thursday of August. Don't know why but it sucks results day this year is later than last year's. I would have definitely preferred the opposite.
Original post by JME_CHG

Petition?

Yes because a petition solves everything :biggrin:
Reply 3664
Original post by JME_CHG

Petition?

Last year it was second Thursday in the month, this year its third (the reason presumably that they wouldn't have had time to mark it all if it had been the 11th?)

Important things in this country always happen on a Thursday (elections for example) again don't know why.
Original post by Aph
Last year it was second Thursday in the month, this year its third (the reason presumably that they wouldn't have had time to mark it all if it had been the 11th?)

Important things in this country always happen on a Thursday (elections for example) again don't know why.

Maybe it's tradition. Last year it was the 13th so surely two days isn't a big difference? They've finished marking our papers ages ago.
Original post by JME_CHG

Petition?

kyubi
Original post by Aph

I think its normally the 3rd thursday but last year they decided the 3rd thursday was too late and then would have resulted in very late gcses on the 4th thursday so they changed the week as an exception last year :smile:
Reply 3668
Original post by target21859
Maybe it's tradition. Last year it was the 13th so surely two days isn't a big difference? They've finished marking our papers ages ago.

Yeah but when did exams end last year?
Original post by Aph

I can't remember lol
Reply 3670
Original post by Aph

The 2015-2016 academic year ran a week later than 2014-2015.

Exams finished up around June 24 (with good old D2) last year, compared to June 29 this year.

So this puts results day in its normal place (ish!) 😊
Reply 3671
Original post by BekahMay
I think its normally the 3rd thursday but last year they decided the 3rd thursday was too late and then would have resulted in very late gcses on the 4th thursday so they changed the week as an exception last year :smile:

Yeah...
Original post by target21859
I can't remember lol

I'm pretty sure the last exam is always on a Thursday too so it might've been earlier...
Reply 3672
Original post by oinkk
The 2015-2016 academic year ran a week later than 2014-2015.

Exams finished up around June 24 (with good old D2) last year, compared to June 29 this year.

So this puts results day in its normal place (ish!) 😊

Actually last exam was 30th this year (I sat it!!!) but I agree that's about right.
Original post by Aph
Actually last exam was 30th this year (I sat it!!!) but I agree that's about right.

what exam did you sit that was later than D2? i always thought D2 is the last exam sat by anyone ever
Original post by tanyapotter
what exam did you sit that was later than D2? i always thought D2 is the last exam sat by anyone ever

Only one I can think of is the Maths AEA
Reply 3675

AEA this year. FP2 and unit 5 physics were also later this year.
Original post by Aph
AEA this year. FP2 and unit 5 physics were also later this year.

oh right, sorry
fp2 was on the day of the EU referendum...... as you can probably guess, not one of my highlights of 2016
Reply 3677
oh right, sorry
fp2 was on the day of the EU referendum...... as you can probably guess, not one of my highlights of 2016

Hohhot yeah it was!!!
I must've been S2 that was later for me...
S2 was a day after the Eu ref
Reply 3679
Original post by Pato1
S2 was a day after the Eu ref

Mine was 27th

Quick Reply

Latest