The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by GUMI
It's called social norms and we all have them, men and women.
So it's not unfair, you just need to grow up and realize everyone has problems, not just entitled snowflakes like you

What the actual **** is this bs?
Reply 41
Original post by inhuman
What the actual **** is this bs?

It's the truth
Reply 42
Original post by Anonymous
No why should I I'm muslim and proud

If you have a problem with female modesty you're not a Muslim (or for that matter, a Christian, a Jew, or a Hindu).

Convert to atheism or feminism etc. Then you can join the sisterhood and whine about how unfair the world is. :smile:

Traditional religion is not for you.
Reply 43
Original post by GUMI
It's the truth

No, it's not.
No one (I hope!) Is forcing you to be a Muslim. If it is really annoying you, convery to another religion or don't following the strict teachings of islam. It's your life, live it on your terms
Reply 45
Original post by inhuman
No, it's not.

Well that's not terribly useful so please, enlighten me,
What did I say that is wrong?
Original post by AlwaysAnxious
No one (I hope!) Is forcing you to be a Muslim. If it is really annoying you, convery to another religion or don't following the strict teachings of islam. It's your life, live it on your terms

This thread is not about me wanting to leave Islam so I don't know why some people on here are suggesting this for me
Reply 47
Original post by GUMI
Well that's not terribly useful so please, enlighten me,
What did I say that is wrong?

"It's called social norms and we all have them, men and women.
So it's not unfair, you just need to grow up and realize everyone has problems, not just entitled snowflakes like you".

First of all no one should need to follow social norms as long as they don't actually break the law. Second of all, it is more than fair to question social norms (especially Muslim ones). Thirdly, there is absolutely no reason to attack someone and belittle them just because they have a problem with something.
Original post by Anonymous
My mum will be upset if I do bless her she's even pushing me to wear the burqa because as she says just a hijab isn't enough for her

I'm sorry. Does Islam revolve around her, or around Allah?

Hijab is not compulsory, wear what you want. Go out in a light maxi with a chiffon shirt, or something.
You could also challenge secular law. Why is it illegal for women to be topless in public but not men? UK law is sexist af.
Original post by Brahmin of Booty
You don't have to wear it, you can still be Muslim, pray, follow the pillars of Islam and worship Allah, but do it your way.

What's the point of following a religion when you're picking and choosing which rules to ignore.

I'd just become atheist. Either that or continue believing in whatever god but not label myself as muslim.
Reply 51
Original post by Another
I'm sorry. Does Islam revolve around her, or around Allah?

Hijab is not compulsory, wear what you want. Go out in a light maxi with a chiffon shirt, or something.

I am sure every Muslim girl that would want to do this, can, because it's not like none of them live in tightly knit communities were pressure (or worse) would be exerted :rolleyes:
Do what you want. The only true religion is Christianity anyway.
Original post by lucabrasi98
What's the point of following a religion when you're picking and choosing which rules to ignore.

I'd just become atheist. Either that or continue believing in whatever god but not label myself as muslim.

No Muslim is a perfect Muslim, but they can still received love and forgiveness.
Original post by Trapz99

The OT tells you to cover your hair. There must have been Israelites back in the day that went through similar problems as OP (if the book is true ofc).
Original post by Trapz99

What does the bible say about Women dress code? From my understanding the bible was changed a couple of times and christian Women were required to cover their hair and dress modestly
You can't choose to follow a religion this strict and still have the right to complain about it being unfair.

Men don't have to cover themselves as much, because the Qu'ran was written by men- Oh, wait... Sorry, I mean it's because Allah prefers men over women, and it would be really inconvenient for men
to have to learn how to control where they gaze, their sexual urges n' stuff.
Reply 57
No ones making you where such clothing. If you insist on wearing it you're hardly in a position to moan.
Reply 58
Original post by inhuman
"It's called social norms and we all have them, men and women.
So it's not unfair, you just need to grow up and realize everyone has problems, not just entitled snowflakes like you".

First of all no one should need to follow social norms as long as they don't actually break the law. Second of all, it is more than fair to question social norms (especially Muslim ones). Thirdly, there is absolutely no reason to attack someone and belittle them just because they have a problem with something.

1. Yeah, no one needs to follow them, so why does OP feel the need to make a thread on this. I am sure she knows she has every right to wear whatever she wants, the solution is right in front of her so why does she need to make this post?
2. Ok, it is fair to question social norms, but I'm pretty sure everyone agrees that Islam is, to a certain degree at least, misogynistic. But I don't see how making a thread on TSR can change anything.
3. If you strip this thread down to it's core, it's just one person complaining that they have it unfair in life. The way OP stated her opinion sounded very arrogant.
"How is it fair that Muslim Men have it so easy ????" Yeah... what about racial profiling, because Muslim men just love waiting twice as long to get through security.
Everyone has struggles they face, it's a simple case of the grass being greener on the other side.
Original post by Brahmin of Booty
No Muslim is a perfect Muslim, but they can still received love and forgiveness.

That doesn't negate the point though. According to Muslims, it's supposed to he a holy book. So how could you be a muslim if you ignore some of its teachings? Who are you to decide what to ignore and what to follow?

It's much better to admit you're not truly religious imo. There's nothing wrong with that. If you don't like aspects of a religion then i don't understand why you'd follow it.

Latest

Trending

Trending