The Student Room Group

Overheard at an Investment Banking insight day

Speaker, talking about personal branding: What do people say when you leave the room?
Girl: Haha I know exactly what they say, I think I'm better than everyone and I'm elitist.

Her friend: Haha yeah you're so elitist! You hate everyone who is not Oxbridge (she has an oxbridge offer I'm guessing).

Other friend: lol at least you're self aware and honest.

They said all of this crap with no hint of shame in their expressions.

They would also laugh and roll their eyes every time one of the outspoken working class girls said something a bit questionable (especially the ones with strong accents. I'm not sure where the accents were from though, maybe essex?)

I also got the impression that one girl looked down at the people working at this bank because it's not the most prestigious bank. Even going as far as criticising some of the speakers at the events to her friends and asking patronising questions. I've been to another insight day with her, but this was for a bulge bracket. She didn't question any of the advice given at the bulge bracket, nor did she criticise any of the speakers.

I've heard that a lot of people in this industry are raging narcissists but I didn't expect it at an A level insight day!
Reply 1
I hope that these girls were an exception and that other people in the industry are decent
Reply 2
Lol it's just banter. People in banking tend to be very high-achieving and go to elite universities, although most of them are good people.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous

They said all of this crap with no hint of shame in their expressions.

:sucks:
Lol
Overheard:
"What does integrity mean?"

"What's nurture?"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending