The Student Room Group

How many of you think you will get divorced in future?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sameehaiqbal
i'd probs never get married and even if i do i hsve a strong feeling it wont work out lol
Agreed.
Original post by Seamus123
I have been divorced once and widowed once.

Thats sad. Im really sorry *hugs* xx
I'd like to get married at some point and I'd walk into marriage dedicated, as I do with every other thing I'm determined to do, so hopefully no divorce.
well I'll get married and will I get divorced
no
I'll write the prenup so water tight
divorce would be more like me receiving a .45 in the heart
Me. But it's okay I've accepted that I will be an alcoholic living with my family of Persian cats in my plush apartment
Reply 25
If I end up marrying my current girlfriend, doubt it, I think she would want to work through most issues should they arise rather than do that.
Should this relationship end, I will probably have difficulty acquiring another one tbh, I don't have much of a social circle. So me getting married seems less likely.
According to my mum's astrologer, I'll be divorced when I'm older.

I don't know if I'll even find the guy I want to marry in the first place though.
I'll have a 0% divorce rate my whole life because I am not going to marry anyway:bigsmile:
Original post by Spock's Socks
I hope to get never get divorced from my current partner when we get married in a couple of years. You can never say for certain what will happen but considering we will have been together for 10 years at the point we get married and with everything we have been through during the course of the relationship, I am confident we will stay together for the rest of our lives but sadly, nothing can be guaranteed so you just have to take each day as it comes.

I know a couple who was together for 15 years and then got married and divorced within 9 months .

I don't know what it is...but there is something different about marriage. I have no idea what it is, I have never been married, but I hope things work out for youand your future family .
Reply 29
Honestly yes, if i was getting married the first thing i'll be thinking to myself is 'wonder how long this will last?'

i've told my friends this already and they all very annoyingly say 'omg how can you think like this blah blah blah what chance does a marriage have if you have thoughts like this?' - i'm just being realistic ffs. happily in love with each other or not, all marriages can end in divorce and most of them seem to do so nowadays. people who i know who are divorced were madly in-love one day too, thinking they'd stay married forever.
(edited 7 years ago)
The fact that my dad ex wife relatives live near us, basically ruined his life makes me really upset. I guess that's something I wouldn't know till later in life. Who knows 😄
We got married in 2008, and still going strong. Even if she has only lived with me for 3 years. Take each day as it comes is my best advice!
Original post by john2054
We got married in 2008, and still going strong. Even if she has only lived with me for 3 years. Take each day as it comes is my best advice!

How can one marry someone without living together?
Reply 33
I won't get married because I know that if I do it will end in divorce
Never intend to marry so by proxy divorce.
I'd prefer to have a promise ceremony instead. With all the pomp of marriage but none of the nasty legal ramifications :3
If I were to get married I think things would have to be really unhappy for us to divorce.
After we've both tried to make it work and decide together that it won't work.
But, I would have to seriously believe that they were my life partner to consider marriage.
Original post by upperechelon
How can one marry someone without living together?

We got married in Kenya, but it wasn't until four/five years later that we were finally able to win the right to live together here in the uk, by the court of appeal. Kind of takes the micky huh?!
Reply 36
It seems very fashionable these days, trade in the Mrs, when gravity starts being less kind, for a brand squeaky new one :rolleyes:
Reply 37
Isn't the whole thing about marriage that you NEVER EXPECT this to happen and it is always a nasty surprise? I once met a guy who was heading for his 6th marriage. He was so happy that, at last, he had found the right woman. You could have knocked me over with a feather..
Original post by john2054
We got married in Kenya, but it wasn't until four/five years later that we were finally able to win the right to live together here in the uk, by the court of appeal. Kind of takes the micky huh?!

Must be quite a strong bond if you were willing to wait that long. Did you know her for very long?
I am certain I will, growing up the thought of it killed me, now I doubt I will even care.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending