The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cadherin
Did you not get told your result? I got 58/60 pre-moderation apparently... :biggrin:

My teacher wouldn't tell us the grades she had marked them as! I was predicted A* but don't think I'll get that :/ wow, your mark is fantastic, well done! 😊
ofqual more like o-**** off u ruined my ****ing life
Trying to cherish these last days as much as possible and forget about results day 😊
Original post by girl :D
Don't forget to mention ur exam boards in the suicide note lol

i blame charlemange
Original post by Lularose83
My teacher wouldn't tell us the grades she had marked them as! I was predicted A* but don't think I'll get that :/ wow, your mark is fantastic, well done! 😊

Thanks! Strange how they don't tell you?!

Mine was on a group of dermatological blistering autoimmune diseases and the cellular mechanisms that lead to their development. Overall, I'd say I found the experience hard work and painstaking (many all-nighters!) but rewarding overall.

What about you?
Original post by SeanFM
Should have done a maths degree :lol: (just kidding, there is more reading than you think... :frown: but not as much as other degrees :tongue:) yeah I don't blame you, not sure where I'd skip to though.. maybe try season 2 episode 1 and see how it goes, but you can probably skip it and learn stuff about the characters (which helps for the jokes to a certain extent) as you go.

... I think I'm hyping it up too much :colondollar:

Don't tell me I actually have to read stuff for my degree 🤔🤔🤔🤔 I thought maths was just answering maths questions and writing out proofs or am I missing something LMAO

Mine was on a group of dermatological blistering autoimmune diseases and the cellular mechanisms that lead to their development. Overall, I'd say I found the experience hard work and painstaking (many all-nighters!) but rewarding overall.

What about you?

Hi, I'll be starting my EPQ very soon and was wondering whether you would be able to give me any tips, considering you have been through the process already? :smile:
Original post by fefssdf
Don't tell me I actually have to read stuff for my degree 🤔🤔🤔🤔 I thought maths was just answering maths questions and writing out proofs or am I missing something LMAO

No, no extra reading or textbooks necessary (don't buy textbooks unless they are required for open-book exams where everyone needs them). But if you look at a page of notes it will look like a normal textbook or with some diagrams if you are lucky. You have to be able to understand proofs and be able to refer to them / use them - the problem is remembering them as you learn many but are tested on few in the exam - there are some that you will never be asked to fully reproduce either (because it's too long :lol:) but I dunno.

Also if you study non-maths options eg accounting, finance, econometrics, teaching etc then expect more words :lol:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3728
For OCR Chemistry/Biology, on our results sheet, do we get our raw marks?
I managed to see the mark scheme for Edexcel English Literature, and whilst that's a much more subjective subject since it's essay based, I would like to think my very long answers met what they were looking for.

I refuse to get complacent about it though; I'm in the situation where I don't feel I did bad as such on any of my exams, but I am still bricking it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3730
Here's hoping for early mark schemes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SeanFM
No, no extra reading or textbooks necessary (don't buy textbooks unless they are required for open-book exams where everyone needs them). But if you look at a page of notes it will look like a normal textbook or with some diagrams if you are lucky. You have to be able to understand proofs and be able to refer to them / use them - the problem is remembering them as you learn many but are tested on few in the exam - there are some that you will never be asked to fully reproduce either (because it's too long :lol:) but I dunno.

Also if you study non-maths options eg accounting, finance, econometrics, teaching etc then expect more words :lol:

Ah Okies that doesn't sound too bad then hahaha ; picked maths to do as little writing as possible woo . So hyped now !!!
Original post by fefssdf
Ah Okies that doesn't sound too bad then hahaha ; picked maths to do as little writing as possible woo . So hyped now !!!

Funnily enough I have 2 modules next year (to do with teaching), each with one 3500 word essay. Fun :lol: plus I had a finance module in year 2 which was fun with a 15 marker essay. :lol: there is no escape really.

What about you?

I know, it was very frustrating! Ahh yours sounds so interesting, are you a medic? 😊 Mine was on neurodegenerative disease and how vitamin b12 deficiency is an overlooked cause!

It was lots of hard work wasn't it?! To add to the stress, my laptop broke while I was writing my final essay draft so I had to type it all up on the Word app on my mobile phone 😂
Original post by Hassanh
Hi, I'll be starting my EPQ very soon and was wondering whether you would be able to give me any tips, considering you have been through the process already? :smile:

1. Make the topic choice interesting! If you select a topic which you find boring af, you will find it VERY difficult to work on it.

2. Ensure the topic is relevant to what you want to do - mine was relevant to medicine for example.

3. Don't expect it to lower your offer (especially for competitive subjects like medicine & law) as it won't but will be something interesting to discuss at interview and shows your commitment and articulacy!

4. DO NOT prioritise it over your A-levels.

More specifically:

5. Don't leave everything to the last minute!! (Something I struggled with).

6. Write down EVERYTHING you do in detail on it EVERY DAY in your work log (to save you having to fabricate stuff on your work log!!).

7. Ensure your evaluation is thorough as there is a gold mine of marks for this.

8. Try your best to enjoy the experience - that will motivate you! Remember, there are no marks for content, only for skills shown. But the most fun part is writing the dissertation unfortunately!
Original post by Lularose83
I know, it was very frustrating! Ahh yours sounds so interesting, are you a medic? 😊 Mine was on neurodegenerative disease and how vitamin b12 deficiency is an overlooked cause!

It was lots of hard work wasn't it?! To add to the stress, my laptop broke while I was writing my final essay draft so I had to type it all up on the Word app on my mobile phone 😂

Yeah, med hopeful! That's really interesting about B12, can you send me your dissertation and I'll send you mine?

Oh dear, that's awful, I'd have been livid if my laptop had broke 😂😂
I will only be getting my Maths and Further maths results this year due to doing physics and a BTEC :smile: but only taking my BTEC to the first year achieved a D*
Yeah, med hopeful! That's really interesting about B12, can you send me your dissertation and I'll send you mine?

Oh dear, that's awful, I'd have been livid if my laptop had broke 😂😂

Yay! I love talking to other future doctors 😊 That sounds great, I'll try my best to send it to you as I'm not the most tech savvy person 😬
Probably been asked before on this thread, but I've been out all day. I went on track today and it said it was disabled until Wednesday, but I thought some universities gave out offers after the weekend. Does this mean that I'll be emailed if I've got a place, will track update, or is this a new thing where UCAS are just being plain annoying so it can crash when UCAS reopens?
so as of 9pm, our unis have our results😬😬

Quick Reply

Latest