The Student Room Group

Am I obliged to attend my insurance uni if i don't get into my firm choice?

I desperately want to study Psychology at the Uni of Birmingham (hence why it is my firm choice) However, if results day doesn't go to plan and I don't meet the criteria to go to Birmingham, but am accepted into my insurance choice (UEA) is there any chance I am not obliged to go to UEA, and instead can go through clearing?
Original post by psychhelp
I desperately want to study Psychology at the Uni of Birmingham (hence why it is my firm choice) However, if results day doesn't go to plan and I don't meet the criteria to go to Birmingham, but am accepted into my insurance choice (UEA) is there any chance I am not obliged to go to UEA, and instead can go through clearing?

You have to ask them to put you into clearing, in principle they shouldn't say no but they don't have to. Be wary this will take time so you may want to contact them now.

you are obliged yes but if you phone up an ask to be released all unis will eventually I have herd horror stories about some unis taking weeks to do so but often it's done within 48 hours as an ablsoute maximum.

As everyone else has already said, if you want to go through Clearing you'll have to phone up your insurance and ask them to release you. It may take time, but generally universities don't want students who don't want to go to their establishments because you're more likely to drop out. Therefore you should find that your insurance will probably release you if you ask them to. Best of luck for results day. :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending