The Student Room Group

Anyone interested in starting a running club in london for teens or know any good one

I'm a very keen runner but haven't got many friends that share that passion. I've noticed that loads of clubs in london don't seem to have loads of teenagers but instead have either young kids or like adults. So if anyone knows any good clubs i can join with perhaps more teens or would anyone be interested in starting a "club" or group just for teens to go running in a group instead of going on their own? No idea if anyone is interested so just throw it out there.

Thanks!
Yo.

Where in London do you live?

What level are you roughly? And what kind of "running" do you like? (track, road, cross country...)
Reply 2
Original post by rockrunride
Yo.

Where in London do you live?

What level are you roughly? And what kind of "running" do you like? (track, road, cross country...)

South east but I am happy to travel by train (central London in 15 mins). Pretty fit I would say. Used to do competitions but dropped out to focus on other stuff. Like all of them, probably run road most (it's London 😂).
Original post by Jj2478
South east but I am happy to travel by train (central London in 15 mins). Pretty fit I would say. Used to do competitions but dropped out to focus on other stuff. Like all of them, probably run road most (it's London 😂).

You'll be surprised, London has a fair few tracks and also has a cracking XC tradition to boot...

But anyway, cool. Most running and athletic clubs do have working people as a mainstay. Most of those with youth groups purely focus on training for competition on the track in the summer and XC in the winter. If that's what you're after, great. I'd suggest Kent AC, Blackheath and Bromley or Cambridge Harriers. Three amazing, traditional athletic clubs.

If you're after a more relaxed vibe, maybe London City AC. They're based in Southwark Park I believe. They're more about group runs, sociability and the like. They do compete, but not at as high a level as the other three I've mentioned.

There's also the ubiquitous Serpentine Running Club - based in Marylebone but do training runs anywhere and everywhere. They're aimed at the "coming out of work" people. They're also very sociable.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest