The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dripper
Hey quick question. I think I might be missing my offer by a grade. How long after result's day will my uni confirm/reject me based on this?

Same day.
Does track ever update before results day?
Original post by JMACM98
What are people's plans if results day goes badly and you're rejected? Clearing? Gap year?

I was thinking if i do really badly i'll apply to a european uni instead because then at least if i don't get into an amazing uni at least i'll be going to an exciting one!
I'm like 98% certain I've missed my firm. I need A*A*A in maths, chemistry and physics respectively for chemistry with molecular physics at Imperial.... I made so many incredibly silly mistakes in both chemistry exams because of stress (OCR) and the worst thing is that the exams weren't that hard so grade boundaries will probably be high :frown:. I also do OCR biology and because I wasn't at all worried about doing well (because it's not in my offer), it'll probably end up being my best science this year (still think F214 was a joke though, stupid scientist with his stupid pond). UGH I wish results day was yesterday.

I've been getting used to the idea of going to my insurance, but my parents don't want me to go there, and they've told the whole family that I'm going Imperial ?!!!!????? :angry: Whenever I tell them I don't expect to meet my offer they tell me that I'll be fine. HA HA HA :colonhash:
Original post by The_Big_E
I'm also terrified thay I'll miss my AAA computer science and physics offer from the University of Edinburgh. Worst case scenario for me is A*BB or maybe A*AB so I hope thats enough.

Hopefully we'll have done enough! I kept on all 4 subjects for A2 also and I'm really hoping it works in my favour. It's so annoying knowing all the Scottish know if they're in or not too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3785
Original post by wwwwwwwwwwwf
Does track ever update before results day?

Never

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3786
Original post by coboyle098
That's so high! I was rejected from Cambridge too :highfive: :smile: it really annoys me that they have them and know them before we do but hopefully this week goes in fast!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know, high five!! They are so selective it's crazy. One of my friends last year missed her offer by 1 ums for cambridge, even though 1 ums doesn't make you any dumber than the next person (it wasn't even a whole mark, something ridiculous like 0.63 of a mark). I was predicted A*A*A ( I did politics, English Lit and French btw) but I know I didn't get that, I'd honestly be surprised if I even managed a B in French, it was like they changed the spec without telling anybody and gave us a paper for native speakers, uni level and above. The thought of having to open the envelope without knowing before hand makes me feel sick so I reckon i'll check track at 8am as soon as it updates. What about you? :smile:
Original post by victoria98
I'm like 98% certain I've missed my firm. I need A*A*A in maths, chemistry and physics respectively for chemistry with molecular physics at Imperial.... I made so many incredibly silly mistakes in both chemistry exams because of stress (OCR) and the worst thing is that the exams weren't that hard so grade boundaries will probably be high :frown:. I also do OCR biology and because I wasn't at all worried about doing well (because it's not in my offer), it'll probably end up being my best science this year (still think F214 was a joke though, stupid scientist with his stupid pond). UGH I wish results day was yesterday.

I've been getting used to the idea of going to my insurance, but my parents don't want me to go there, and they've told the whole family that I'm going Imperial ?!!!!????? :angry: Whenever I tell them I don't expect to meet my offer they tell me that I'll be fine. HA HA HA :colonhash:

ugh, i hate it when parents are overly confident in me - they think it helps but it just makes me feel even worse. what's your insurance?
Original post by catsinnit
I was thinking if i do really badly i'll apply to a european uni instead because then at least if i don't get into an amazing uni at least i'll be going to an exciting one!

Omg how weird, I was actually kind of thinking of doing this myself! I haven't really looked into it properly yet though so I don't really know where to start. Where would you want to go? :smile:
you know if you make your offer, what does your status say? just "congratulations! your place at ____ for ____ has been confirmed."?

and if you get rejected by both your firm and insurance, will you see this on the screen or something else?:

image.jpg

i'm mentally preparing myself to not get into my firm because i'm less sure than i was before. i just need to know what i'll be expecting when i take a sneak peak on results day
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by enyav
I know, high five!! They are so selective it's crazy. One of my friends last year missed her offer by 1 ums for cambridge, even though 1 ums doesn't make you any dumber than the next person (it wasn't even a whole mark, something ridiculous like 0.63 of a mark). I was predicted A*A*A ( I did politics, English Lit and French btw) but I know I didn't get that, I'd honestly be surprised if I even managed a B in French, it was like they changed the spec without telling anybody and gave us a paper for native speakers, uni level and above. The thought of having to open the envelope without knowing before hand makes me feel sick so I reckon i'll check track at 8am as soon as it updates. What about you? :smile:

They really are!! I applied for natural sciences too and (somehow) got an interview but I'm glad I got rejected now, I know it wasn't for me :smile: but that is crazy! You can be so close yet it still doesn't matter. I hate when the exam boards do papers like that! That was like my A21 Chemistry exam - it was awful!! I was predicted A*A*A*A* in Biology, Chemistry, Maths and English Literature (lol), really not happening at all!! As long as I get AAA I'll be happy!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tanyapotter
ugh, i hate it when parents are overly confident in me - they think it helps but it just makes me feel even worse. what's your insurance?

Exactly! Chemistry at Durham. They don't like that it's so far (I think that it'd be a good thing haha) - Imperial is about an hour away from where I live. I think I remember you from the Imperial thread? Engineering of some sort?
Exactly! Chemistry at Durham. They don't like that it's so far (I think that it'd be a good thing haha) - Imperial is about an hour away from where I live. I think I remember you from the Imperial thread? Engineering of some sort?

mechanical! although i'm really drawn towards EEE/compsci at this point so we'll see if i can change my mind haha
and durham is absolutely amazing - you'll have a great time whether you get into your firm or insurance! do you have a preference between imperial and durham?

I feel the same about the parents pressure its not great i know
Reply 3794
Original post by coboyle098
They really are!! I applied for natural sciences too and (somehow) got an interview but I'm glad I got rejected now, I know it wasn't for me :smile: but that is crazy! You can be so close yet it still doesn't matter. I hate when the exam boards do papers like that! That was like my A21 Chemistry exam - it was awful!! I was predicted A*A*A*A* in Biology, Chemistry, Maths and English Literature (lol), really not happening at all!! As long as I get AAA I'll be happy!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

THIS. So many people are so hung up on the cambridge dream and tbh I spoke to the oxbridge teacher at my sixth form, who also happens to be the best politics teacher i've ever had and I told her that she and the whole system are selling us all a fantasy. I'm so glad I didn't get in, I was gutted at first, but hindsight is a wonderful thing. Yeah, it's all a numbers game with oxbridge. One of my best friends did that same paper, and it's not like he isn't super intelligent because he is (he has an offer for chemical engineering at oxford) so statistically, he is pretty good at his subject, but he said it was all a joke and couldn't answer some questions. I signed the petition about it for him. it's so s*** when exam boards throw a curve ball exam paper in like that, and you think of the 2015 a2 paper and you're like i wish i got that instead! AQA are so cruel, my french teachers both gasped when they saw the exam paper, people are probably going to drop two grades and it's so disheartening. Ahh what exam board were you on for lit? And same :smile:
Hello whats up? So i appeared 3 subjects in as level..and got 2 Cs (general, business) and a U in maths. I am dropping maths so I will have to pick another subject to replace it..also I need to take two more subjects. Can anyone suggest me what subjects should be taking since i plan to give all these subjects in MAY 2017!? And about my career..I am interested in media Also i would like to know what is an accelerated course? thankyou
Anybody waiting for results for History, Politics or Classics?
Original post by tanyapotter
mechanical! although i'm really drawn towards EEE/compsci at this point so we'll see if i can change my mind haha
and durham is absolutely amazing - you'll have a great time whether you get into your firm or insurance! do you have a preference between imperial and durham?

Nice! I wanted to do mechanical engineering back in year 10, but then my parents 'convinced' me that medicine would be the ideal choice (thank god I didn't listen to them :redface:). I do like them both, I remember that I initially wanted to put Durham as my firm but something changed and I honestly can't remember what it was or when it was. Sometime in October I just became obsessed with Imperial??? Now, I think I'd be happy with Durham. The offer is much nicer too (and it includes biology :tongue:). I just know that I'll be very disappointed with myself if I don't get an A* in chemistry since that's the subject I'm supposed to be good at... What's your insurance?
Original post by enyav
THIS. So many people are so hung up on the cambridge dream and tbh I spoke to the oxbridge teacher at my sixth form, who also happens to be the best politics teacher i've ever had and I told her that she and the whole system are selling us all a fantasy. I'm so glad I didn't get in, I was gutted at first, but hindsight is a wonderful thing. Yeah, it's all a numbers game with oxbridge. One of my best friends did that same paper, and it's not like he isn't super intelligent because he is (he has an offer for chemical engineering at oxford) so statistically, he is pretty good at his subject, but he said it was all a joke and couldn't answer some questions. I signed the petition about it for him. it's so s*** when exam boards throw a curve ball exam paper in like that, and you think of the 2015 a2 paper and you're like i wish i got that instead! AQA are so cruel, my french teachers both gasped when they saw the exam paper, people are probably going to drop two grades and it's so disheartening. Ahh what exam board were you on for lit? And same :smile:

Exactly!! I'm so glad someone else understands that too! In all honesty even if I did receive an offer from Cambridge I genuinely think I would've rejected it simply because I realised it wasn't my scene!
Yes exactly! You always wish you had a different paper, and for some reason they decided to change the paper set up for near enough every exam!!!
I'm CCEA for all of my exams (I'm from Belfast), but what did you have to do for your lit exam? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DesignPredator
If I don't get 3 A*s I'm not in my firm, everyone has their own targets.

Same here

Quick Reply

Latest