The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sahil19
The girl who has just had an internship at a national bank of Japan, yet still has Spongebob in her avi. Tears in my eyes.

😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sahil19
The girl who has just had an internship at a national bank of Japan, yet still has Spongebob in her avi. Tears in my eyes.

Spongebob is for life so I'm at a loss to what you are insinuating.
It's a shame I can't give rep or follow people on the app, can't be bothered to go on safari

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AdeptDz
Yep I'm motivated and determined for success!
Nice, good start.. How did you get that?
What parts were tedious?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Somehow my school managed to get us the experience, my school and MUFG apparently have a partnership or something. The part that was tedious was when we were given a lecture on investment banking, but it wasn't really the content it was more the guy presenting was just reading off the powerpoint. Aside from that everything was so interesting and great fun but the trading game almost killed my brain, I was so confused. But my team came third so I guess I somewhat knew what I was doing, however I don't think I will be becoming a trader perhaps a finance manager or investment analyst.
Original post by AceOfSpade
Somehow my school managed to get us the experience, my school and MUFG apparently have a partnership or something. The part that was tedious was when we were given a lecture on investment banking, but it wasn't really the content it was more the guy presenting was just reading off the powerpoint. Aside from that everything was so interesting and great fun but the trading game almost killed my brain, I was so confused. But my team came third so I guess I somewhat knew what I was doing, however I don't think I will be becoming a trader perhaps a finance manager or investment analyst.

Cool, so are you leaning more towards banking or medicine?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AdeptDz
Cool, so are you leaning more towards banking or medicine?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Right now I'm leaning towards banking, but at the end of the month I'm shadowing a vascular surgery to get a greater insight into medicine so perhaps I will change my mind. What will you do if you don't become an investment banker?
Right now I'm leaning towards banking, but at the end of the month I'm shadowing a vascular surgery to get a greater insight into medicine so perhaps I will change my mind. What will you do if you don't become an investment banker?

Do something else in the bank - middle office, back office? Accountancy, anything really I don't know yet, no back up plan, I need one don't. Hopefully we won't need to use it. I was gonna ask you the same but I'm guessing medicine?, btw what exam boards are you doing?

And enjoy your shadowing experience ; I don't like surgery 😬

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AdeptDz
Do something else in the bank - middle office, back office? Accountancy, anything really I don't know yet, no back up plan, I need one don't. Hopefully we won't need to use it. I was gonna ask you the same but I'm guessing medicine?, btw what exam boards are you doing?

And enjoy your shadowing experience ; I don't like surgery 😬

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yh medicine is my back up. When you ask about exam boards, do you mean for GCSE or A levels? Thanks, I love surgery- well at least looking at bodies, which is basically the same thing so it should be fun.
Yh medicine is my back up. When you ask about exam boards, do you mean for GCSE or A levels? Thanks, I love surgery- well at least looking at bodies, which is basically the same thing so it should be fun.

'Looking at bodies' is very different to cutting up bodies and stuff 😂; but if you were speaking about the shadowing then yeah mb I just don't like seeing all the blood and pain (can't see pain but you know that I mean) and for A-levels? Also how many A*, As, Bs etc. Do you think you will get for gcses

Posted from TSR Mobile
My predictions for the A* boundary for AQA Triple Science:

B1: 43
B2: 44
B3: 47

C1: 48
C2: 51
C3: 46

P1: 46
P2: 38
P3: 42
For A levels I'm doing OCR Maths not MEI, Edexcel Economics and OCR A Bio and Chem. And I think I will get 7A*s 2As and a B minimum. Wbu? And yh I'm calm with blood so that's not a problem lool.
Original post by TheAnon121
My predictions for the A* boundary for AQA Triple Science:

B1: 43
B2: 44
B3: 47

C1: 48
C2: 51
C3: 46

P1: 46
P2: 38
P3: 42

12 soon, on time today? 👍🏾

Posted from TSR Mobile
For A levels I'm doing OCR Maths not MEI, Edexcel Economics and OCR A Bio and Chem. And I think I will get 7A*s 2As and a B minimum. Wbu? And yh I'm calm with blood so that's not a problem lool.

Cool cool
minimum
5A*, 6As, 1B
max
10A*s 2As
I wish you luck
I'm going to pm you, if you don't mind? About investment banking

Posted from TSR Mobile
12 days to go. (God that feels close.)
12 days to GCSEs results day
11 days to grade boundaries

Posted from TSR Mobile
11 days till GB released
12 days till Results Day
11 days until grade boundaries are released for all subjects!
Original post by AdeptDz
Cool cool
minimum
5A*, 6As, 1B
max
10A*s 2As
I wish you luck
I'm going to pm you, if you don't mind? About investment banking

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's kl but pm me tomorrow cause my mum is kicking me off the computer.
That's kl but pm me tomorrow cause my mum is kicking me off the computer.

Cool

Posted from TSR Mobile
Damn, there's a competition for the countdown? Lol

Latest