The Student Room Group

A-Level Results Day: Grade Boundaries

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by smegsxo
Anyone got any predictions for AQA Psychology A, Sociology or HIS3M? So nervous for these boundaries...could be the make or break for uni!

grade boundaries usually go up by 1 mark for Psya 3 so i expect for an A* 52, A 46, B 40 and a C 35. unless half of us did really badly and it goes down by 2 marks. PSYA 4 varies a lot so its hard to predict.
Reply 21
Right, so for OCR Chemistry and Biology, the new AS levels, on our results sheet, will they give our raw marks. They aren't giving UMS as there is no UMS, but there should be raw marks right?

If that is not the case, how would we know how many marks we are off the next grade?
Original post by ROY@LE
grade boundaries usually go up by 1 mark for Psya 3 so i expect for an A* 52, A 46, B 40 and a C 35. unless half of us did really badly and it goes down by 2 marks. PSYA 4 varies a lot so its hard to predict.

I mean those of us doing gender had a big shock and most didn't do well on that bit, but everyone doing the other subjects seemed quite happy so I have no hope on that paper
Original post by SGHD26716
Right, so for OCR Chemistry and Biology, the new AS levels, on our results sheet, will they give our raw marks. They aren't giving UMS as there is no UMS, but there should be raw marks right?

If that is not the case, how would we know how many marks we are off the next grade?

As I understand it, there will not be any raw marks on results sheets.

You need to ask your teacher or exams officer who can look up your raw mark on OCR Interchange.
Original post by lucabrasi98
Alright let's get this out the way. How many of you cheated on your ISA's which inevitably contributes to the disgusting grade boundaries we're going to see?

I have friends in 4 local schools and they all confirmed multiple classes cheated. Meanwhile there's our school doing it properly. It's so frustrating to know I'm inevitably getting a B grade max in the ISA. And that's in my best one. In my worst I'll probably get a D.

Yes, it's annoying but as it has been said they've finally scrapped the ISAs. Just unlucky it wasn't this year. Although, the difference in UMS between the grades is pretty small. As long as you get a high C then getting an A overall between the two exams is accessible. I thought the SHM ISA this year varied off the syllabus quite a bit, it was a tough one. Very sad that the boundary is unlikely to change much.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by emiloujess
1 week today GBs will start coming out :frown:

they come out the day before or a week before?

:hide:
Im worried im not gonna get what I want
Are the grade boundaries and mark schemes officially released or are they leaked to TSR?
Reply 28
Original post by Ladymusiclover
Are the grade boundaries and mark schemes officially released or are they leaked to TSR?

Official
Reply 29
Original post by marioman
As I understand it, there will not be any raw marks on results sheets.

You need to ask your teacher or exams officer who can look up your raw mark on OCR Interchange.

Thanks for the reply. Well, that sucks.
Original post by Ladymusiclover

Original post by SGHD26716
Official

Grade boundaries are officially released, mark schemes are leaked onto here. It will probably only be the AQA mark schemes which leak. (Edexcel ones are out already.)
Reply 31
Grade boundaries are officially released, mark schemes are leaked onto here. It will probably only be the AQA mark schemes which leak. (Edexcel ones are out already.)

Grade boundaries are out?!?!
Original post by target21859
Grade boundaries are out?!?!

Sorry if I wasn't clear - the only thing that is out so far is Edexcel mark schemes.
Reply 33
Sorry if I wasn't clear - the only thing that is out so far is Edexcel mark schemes.

Sorry my fault. Re-reading your post made me realise what you meant by official.
Original post by smegsxo
Anyone got any predictions for AQA Psychology A, Sociology or HIS3M? So nervous for these boundaries...could be the make or break for uni!

I did HIS3M! I have no idea what the boundaries will be but I hope they're kind, weird questions and I can't think of anyone who was particularly confident afterwards.. I think the way it plays out for me I only need a middle D in this exam to get my B overall, so fingers crossed it hasn't gone any worse than that. I wish you the best of luck with your results :smile:.
Original post by kerryrevie
I did HIS3M! I have no idea what the boundaries will be but I hope they're kind, weird questions and I can't think of anyone who was particularly confident afterwards.. I think the way it plays out for me I only need a middle D in this exam to get my B overall, so fingers crossed it hasn't gone any worse than that. I wish you the best of luck with your results :smile:.

I need a high B to get the B I need for uni and I know I've got a C at best, a D realistically :redface:

Where are the edexcel mark schemes?
Original post by 4nonymous
Where are the edexcel mark schemes?

http://paper-cut.weebly.com/mayjune-2016.html
anyone do OCR RS (philosophy and ethics) ? I thought it went well but now its coming closer to results day I keep overthinking what I wrote, I hate the subjectivity of humanities subjects,
It will probably only be the AQA mark schemes which leak. (Edexcel ones are out already.)

Wait what?

Quick Reply

Latest