The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Could've had a better day if i'm honest
Oh, I feel awful. I feel like I've gained weight out of nowhere, and it's disproportionately hit my arms, making me really insecure about going short sleeved/sleeveless. I had to take pics for my sixth form last week and they really showed me :frown:

I get so sad when I see slim, beautiful people.

But I know I shouldn't feel sad about it, I can work on losing weight :redface:
Starts tomorrow
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Serine Soul
Oh, I feel awful. I feel like I've gained weight out of nowhere, and it's disproportionately hit my arms, making me really insecure about going short sleeved/sleeveless. I had to take pics for my sixth form last week and they really showed me :frown:

Starts tomorrow

omg girl I feel u, i have the same issue and it sucks but don't think about those other people, think about what makes you awesom(er than them :mmm:) and if u want, work on losing weight

Spoiler

Starts tomorrow

You've posted it and gained reps so it is official :lol:

Good luck :redface:
Original post by mediaya
Awww cheeeese! :lovehug:
The stongest people get the toughest life.... Lol :yep:
Dont worry cheese u done nothing :tongue:

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: I replied to this on the platform but i think train wifi is a bit meh :lol:
mayb, mayb :rolleyes:
awww, but I have

Spoiler

Original post by raniafern
Tsk tsk, poor Cheese :console:

:hugs:
Original post by SeanFM

lol is that all it takes?Then if i get 3 reps I will morph into an alligator and live in a tin of tomato soup please
#OfficialAsTSRCanProvide

Spoiler

Original post by CheeseIsVeg
omg girl I feel u, i have the same issue and it sucks but don't think about those other people, think about what makes you awesom(er than them :mmm:) and if u want, work on losing weight

Spoiler

Original post by SeanFM

Thanks guys, I've actually been cutting out fat food (essentially rice and curry, what my parents eat everyday) for the past week or so and I can feel a difference on my face.
Just that today I went to my grandma's and you know what grandmas do, force you to eat!

I will continue to cut out chocolates, fizzy drinks, crisps too, switch from white to brown and cut down on sugar

The aim is three appropriately sized meals a day, with no unnecessary snacks in between. And I'm only allowed to drink water and orange juice.

Sounds like a plan!
Thanks guys, I've actually been cutting out fat food (essentially rice and curry, what my parents eat everyday) for the past week or so and I can feel a difference on my face.
Just that today I went to my grandma's and you know what grandmas do, force you to eat!
I will continue to cut out chocolates, fizzy drinks, crisps too, switch from white to brown and cut down on sugar
The aim is three appropriately sized meals a day, with no unnecessary snacks in between. And I'm only allowed to drink water and orange juice.
Sounds like a plan!

:wink: sounds good, pls tell me if it works so I can try it out!
I cant stop snacking but my meals are better balanced and during the week im moving more than i used to, gotta keep it up on ze weekends tho :erm:
good luck girlie :hugs:
Annoyed.
Original post by Lord Samosa
Annoyed.

What's up Mr S? :redface:
Original post by SeanFM
What's up Mr S? :redface:

apostrophe and eyebrows in that emoji

Spoiler

Over the moon. :biggrin:

My parents are deciding to hire a tutor who has a PhD in physics and was an undergraduate at Cambridge. Who is also more than capable to help with A-level chemistry and maths as well. They want to ensure that I excel in year 12 and 13. :nutcase:
Original post by ColossalAtom
Over the moon. :biggrin:

My parents are deciding to hire a tutor who has a PhD in physics and was an undergraduate at Cambridge. Who is also more than capable to help with A-level chemistry and maths as well. They want to ensure that I excel in year 12 and 13. :nutcase:

Damn your so lucky lol :biggrin: I wouldn't be surprised if you do get into oxbridge.
Original post by mr T 999
Damn your so lucky lol :biggrin: I wouldn't be surprised if you do get into oxbridge.

It'll be great to have that one-to-one teaching, since is not possible at school in a class setting. Also the fact that I'll likely understand concepts better. :thumbsup:

:hugs:

Spoiler

oh god idk.

im so muddled.

one minute i laugh then the next minute i cry.

tbh part of me feels like shutting everyone out, especially online but resisting the urge to do that cos it isnt fair on ppl and i rely on ppl a bit so.

just need space i think

feel distant and weird :redface:
OK
I am perhaps beginning to better understand the mentality of a young relative who left us a few months back.
That feel when the void in your heart will never heal. All the advice people give, all the things I try to do to 'move on' are just like painkillers, they're temporary solutions, but you can't keep taking them forever. At some point you'll be left with just you and your brain (like now in the middle of the night) and all you can do is cry and hope everything will heal. I miss you.
Original post by Protoxylic
That feel when the void in your heart will never heal. All the advice people give, all the things I try to do to 'move on' are just like painkillers, they're temporary solutions, but you can't keep taking them forever. At some point you'll be left with just you and your brain (like now in the middle of the night) and all you can do is cry and hope everything will heal. I miss you.

Aww :hugs: i can relate :redface:

Spoiler

Dont worry, life is tough, that is true but u have to live it in some ways :smile: u cant jusr give up
Dont let this thing thats causing it take over ur life, coz there is no point
:lovehug:

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile