The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hamzy45
For people who done Edexcel A2 Chem & Bio what were your thoughts on the papers? :biggrin:

Chemistry unit 4 killed me but unit 5 revived me. Made far too many silly mistakes on unit 4 to get an A*, also thought it was quite a bit harder than other years. Unit 5 was much better, not to say it was that easy though.
What do you think the grade boundaries will be? They vary so much:frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Hamzy45
For people who done Edexcel A2 Chem & Bio what were your thoughts on the papers? :biggrin:

I did edexcel bio. Unit 4 was an experience I'd like to forget 😩😩

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by angoranimi
Chemistry unit 4 killed me but unit 5 revived me. Made far too many silly mistakes on unit 4 to get an A*, also thought it was quite a bit harder than other years. Unit 5 was much better, not to say it was that easy though.
What do you think the grade boundaries will be? They vary so much:frown:

Yeah I found Unit 4 Chem quite challenging had a lot of marks where you could trip up. However chemistry unit 5 was nice as most of the questions that came up had been covered in my class using similar methodology. It was my first year doing edx exams as i done OCR in AS so not really familiar with the GB but guessing Unit 4 will be below average and 5 above average? would be nice if A*'s in both were quite low aha
Original post by Hamzy45

Chemistry

Unit 4 A* 75
Unit 5 A* 77-78
Original post by mliela
I did edexcel bio. Unit 4 was an experience I'd like to forget 😩😩

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aha thank god i'm not the only one, tell me about it. How did you find unit 5 bio and what are your predictions of the GB ?
OP is late on the countdown ^^
Any stat on things like % of students who go into clearing or get their firm?
This may be a weird question considering we haven't even got our results yet, but what happens with accommodation if you go through clearing? Let's say I miss my offers but get a clearing offer, will I end up with the rubbish accommodation that nobody who originally applied wanted? (I'm only saying that because my cousin went through clearing and this is exactly what happened to her!) I know accommodation is only a small factor in the long run, but I am just slightly worrying! I just know that I haven't met my offers because AQA French was a nightmare :frown:
Do people think economics is hard on this post? Everyone says it's easy?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AdeptDz
Do people think economics is hard on this post? Everyone says it's easy?

Posted from TSR Mobile

OCR econ?
Original post by Jalfrazier6651
A lot of people messed up the 8 marker, the 4 mark circle question threw a lot of people and many simply didnt know to double diffrentiate or simultaneous equation for the 10 marks . Also there was 15 marks of algebra as compared to 5 last year and as soon as that happens boundaries tend to dive down - im very certain the boundaries will drop although i dont know how much. The S2 poll showed a lot of people finding it really tough. But maybe itll stay sky high - who knows .

I got 64 on last years and got probably 52 on this years s2. Eek.

You have hit the nail on the head. Don't worry i could EASILY see is being 59-61 for an A. June 2014 paper was 61 for an A and that paper was easier than ours.
Original post by Jalfrazier6651
C4 is the only one likely to be anywhere near that high - and even that is unlikely considering its a core module EVERYONE takes.

Yup, looking back also its rare to have high grade boundaries for a june core 4 paper. The highest june core 4 paper since 2005 which EVERYONE TAKES has been june 2012 which was 63 for an A......and that paper was easier than ours. Then again last year was 62 and it was challenging. It is impossible to predict.....i remember last years piss easy C2 paper which was only 59 for an A!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Pato1
OCR econ?

edexcel but eco in general

Posted from TSR Mobile
can anyone help? I've changed my mobile number but can't update it on track due to them processing exam results, reckon i should contact my firm and insurance to let them know or just leave it? Thanks:smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile

IS ANYONE ELSE CONSTANTLY CONTEMPLATING WHAT THEY WROTE AND WHERE? THIS IS FOR ALL SUBJECTS. I just can't stop questioning whether I wrote certain things here and there in my exams
Lol at some AS students who don't care about results because they don't count towards A2 grade
Original post by Pato1
Lol at some AS students who don't care about results because they don't count towards A2 grade

Ngl this is me- apart from maths which will count towards my overall grade and German (which I'm dropping this year) but I still don't really care about those two :tongue:
Original post by Pato1

why dont they count towards their a2 grades?
Original post by zoex101
why dont they count towards their a2 grades?

New A -Level specs make it a you just sit the real real AS and A2 at the end of two years of course a few subjects haven't been changed yet like maths so they still matter

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hamzy45
Aha thank god i'm not the only one, tell me about it. How did you find unit 5 bio and what are your predictions of the GB ?

I think unit 4 bio will be around 61 for an A* and unit 5 bio will be around 63 for an A*. How did you find unit 5 relative to previous years?

Quick Reply

Latest