The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Lol even if I meet my offer, on results day, I'll be here barely scraped A*A*A while the thread fills up with '5A*s!!!' etc
Original post by Serine Soul
Lol even if I meet my offer, on results day, I'll be here barely scraped A*A*A while the thread fills up with '5A*s!!!' etc

I was shooting for straight A*s a few months before exams, but my confidence has slipped so much I'll be happy scraping my offer now :lol:

So you won't be the only one...
Original post by Mostly_Crazy
I was shooting for straight A*s a few months before exams, but my confidence has slipped so much I'll be happy scraping my offer now :lol:

So you won't be the only one...

I'll be in the same boat too, I'm sure plenty will 😉

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PhysicsIP2016
Yeah S2 and M2 were fine for me but I would be very happy to just get an A in FM and A*s in my other two subjects tbh 😁

For me I depend on it in FM and Physics because chemistry is borderline as hell.
Original post by Medic_12345
East London 🙃 you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Reppin the ends

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
Reppin the ends

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aha, course! 😎

Posted from TSR Mobile
Someone in this article got rejected with A*A*A*A*A from Camb (and their insurance)
https://www.theguardian.com/education/2015/aug/13/my-results-spelled-out-end-10-stories-of-how-to-cope-with-disappointing-a-level-results

Guess they were a mathmo, missed STEP

Looking at those grades makes my head hurt

:frown: :frown: :frown:
Original post by krishdesai7
:frown: :frown: :frown:

To me this seems like one of those cases where the applicant is bright but isn't actually good enough to focus all their effort on one subject to get really good at it so just spends lots of time padding it out with random A levels. I mean it reminds me of those occasional stories of 12 year olds who do a gcse or a level and then people jump to the conclusion that they are much better than most other A level candidates whereas they are just ahead compared to the average 14 year old for instance. Not to say 5 good A levels isn't impressive, just that the Guardian probably doesn't understand the difference between that and having 4 A levels and 3 STEP grades like the average maths applicant :smile:
Original post by EnglishMuon
To me this seems like one of those cases where the applicant is bright but isn't actually good enough to focus all their effort on one subject to get really good at it so just spends lots of time padding it out with random A levels. I mean it reminds me of those occasional stories of 12 year olds who do a gcse or a level and then people jump to the conclusion that they are much better than most other A level candidates whereas they are just ahead compared to the average 14 year old for instance. Not to say 5 good A levels isn't impressive, just that the Guardian probably doesn't understand the difference between that and having 4 A levels and 3 STEP grades like the average maths applicant :smile:

like my step i ii iii blud :frown::frown:

thought its cool to do syep 3 and see my.situation really really really upset

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by DesignPredator
tumblr_nj6cg4I6Xh1trbh6do1_400.jpg

This is a image of the AT looking a my FP2 result.

That's me with AQA M3, it might be my first U :rofl:
Original post by BioOx
What is better to say in a personal statement:
Triggered my intrigue or Sparked up my interest?

Makes no difference, just go with what sounds nicer to your ears...
Original post by Duke Glacia
like my step i ii iii blud :frown::frown:

thought its cool to do syep 3 and see my.situation really really really upset

Posted from TSR Mobile

naaaaah come on. You need a 1 right? Im sure u have atleast a 1.
naaaaah come on. You need a 1 right? Im sure u have atleast a 1.

iy depends on grade boundaries but.im predictimg abt 70~ 72 which could be a.2. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not going
I'm not going

going where?
Well I've just had the worst ****ing start to the day

Same
Just had a thought of step II S blundary being in the 100s.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same
Just had a thought of step II S boundary being in the 100s.

Posted from TSR Mobile
going where?

:iiam:

What happened?
:iiam:

What happened?

My hamster passed away this morning and he was literally my rock that kept me sane throughout A-levels 😢
My hamster passed away this morning and he was literally my rock that kept me sane throughout A-levels 😢

:console:

May his little soul rest in peace. How long did you have him?