The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GrandMasti
I think unit 4 bio will be around 61 for an A* and unit 5 bio will be around 63 for an A*. How did you find unit 5 relative to previous years?

That would be lovely. Unit 5 was kind of standard tbh around the same difficulty as previous year but it was easier. Had a few weird marks but overall quite decent I think if i can remember properly. How did you find it? and what other subjects do you do?
(edited 7 years ago)
****ing a levels. Need 4a*s overall to meet my firm choice and A*A*AA for insurance.
Already have A*A*.
Major ****ed up this year lol. Probs got A*A*BB

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anybody do OCR chemistry, AQA physics or OCR MEI Further Maths? Predictions for A* grade boundaries/full ums?
My Predictions:
F324 A*: 54/60
F325 A*: 85/100
PHYA4 A*: 59/75
PHYA5 A*: 60/75
DE full ums: 72/72
FP1 full ums: 70/72
FP2 full ums: 70/72??
M2 full ums: 70/72
S2 full ums: 72/72
S3 full ums: 72/72
Edits and replies will be appreciated.
Original post by enyav
AQA are so cruel, my french teachers both gasped when they saw the exam paper, people are probably going to drop two grades and it's so disheartening

Really? My French teachers didn't think it was any harder than usual :K: Nor did I tbh, but I came out thinking it had gone terribly because half of our listening tracks were missing so that derailed the exam and distracted us all whilst we were waiting for the problem to be resolved and French is my hardest subject so I was always extra worried about it
Original post by antigone-
History and Politics :/

Are you edexcel and A2? For History coursework i did the Russian revolution and for the exam i did tudors 1536-1588 (i think those are the right years). And for politics I did political ideologies whi h i think i really messed up in.
Original post by SCIENCE :D
Classic civ? A2? AQA?

Edexcel I'm afraid:frown:
Original post by milliedurban98
can anyone help? I've changed my mobile number but can't update it on track due to them processing exam results, reckon i should contact my firm and insurance to let them know or just leave it? Thanks:smile:

Phone UCAS and they'll change it for you. The universities are then automatically notified by them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by catsinnit
Are you edexcel and A2? For History coursework i did the Russian revolution and for the exam i did tudors 1536-1588 (i think those are the right years). And for politics I did political ideologies whi h i think i really messed up in.

Yeah I did Edexcel but we did the Cuban Missile Crisis and the balance of power for the coursework. For the exam we did USA 1920-50s. Politics I did US politics which I'm so worried about :eek:
Original post by ninjass
https://www.theguardian.com/education/2015/aug/13/my-results-spelled-out-end-10-stories-of-how-to-cope-with-disappointing-a-level-results

This may calm your mind down that even if you dont do well, it could be a blessing in disguise

That's a great article:yes:
Reply 3869
Original post by physicsmaths
****ing a levels. Need 4a*s overall to meet my firm choice and A*A*AA for insurance.
Already have A*A*.
Major ****ed up this year lol. Probs got A*A*BB

Posted from TSR Mobile

At least you're gonna meet ur step, A*A*A* isn't gonna help me when I missed the important stuff

Posted from TSR Mobile
I had a bad results day dream last night that I ended up failing all of my A-Levels.*

I finished my A-Levels and got my results 2 years ago :indiff:

Good luck everyone - I'm afraid I won't be around to help much this year :smile:
Original post by Pato1
Any stat on things like % of students who go into clearing or get their firm?

https://twitter.com/ucas_online/status/764042505440468992
About two thirds of students get into their firm, one eighth get in through Clearing
I'm so scared
Original post by fa991
At least you're gonna meet ur step, A*A*A* isn't gonna help me when I missed the important stuff

Posted from TSR Mobile

Na im really close to S,S but around 3/4 marks off it in each paper so im gna probably get 1,1 when my offer in S,1.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AdeptDz
edexcel but eco in general

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you starting AS this year?
Original post by Christop
https://twitter.com/ucas_online/status/764042505440468992
About two thirds of students get into their firm, one eighth get in through Clearing

Kill me.
Two thirds is surprisingly low :frown:( anyone got any stats on how many get into their firm but miss their offer?
Anybody do OCR chemistry, AQA physics or OCR MEI Further Maths? Predictions for A* grade boundaries/full ums?
My Predictions:
does anyone know when edexcel s2 ial mark scheme will be released?
Original post by notanooblol
My Predictions:

Hey man, I do aqa physics but physics B not physics A, sorry, think for B the boundaries will be a lot lower (I really hope so too)

Quick Reply

Latest