The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nahimjustaworm
Two thirds is surprisingly low :frown:( anyone got any stats on how many get into their firm but miss their offer?

40% of 2015 firm accepted students missed their predictions (not offers - those stats are almost impossible to crunch) by 2 or more grades.
Any one does aqa chemistry, aqa physics, aqa maths or edexcel business studies
Original post by igotnomoney

Yes aqa physics

My Predictions:
PHYA4 A*: 59/75PHYA5 A*: 60/75
Original post by physicsmaths
****ing a levels. Need 4a*s overall to meet my firm choice and A*A*AA for insurance.
Already have A*A*.
Major ****ed up this year lol. Probs got A*A*BB

Posted from TSR Mobile

You know that percentage question in physics which no one was sure about. Turns out it is 17% and not 33%. Everyone was convinced it was 33% in the end. It was a weird question.

I messed up too but hopefully we both still make it into our firms. Exams suck.
Original post by Sacred Ground
I'm a future doctor hopefully (results day will confirm or deny this :smile:)

Good luck! I hope you get fantastic results 😊
Original post by coboyle098
Hopefully we'll have done enough! I kept on all 4 subjects for A2 also and I'm really hoping it works in my favour. It's so annoying knowing all the Scottish know if they're in or not too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh, well done on keeping all four subjects for A2. Not like this makes it any better: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-37010640

Damn you Scottish students.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by DesignPredator
Chemistry

Unit 4 A* 75
Unit 5 A* 77-78

Well my worst case scenario is 72 in Unit 4 and 78 in Unit 5 (more realistically 74 and 79)
I need 105 ums average at least on Unit 4 and 5. The A* boundary is 108 ums so I've probably missed it :')

AQA Maths student here :smile:
Original post by enyav
Ahh, I guess the grass is always greener on the other side, sometimes I get annoyed with all the hustle and bustle but then I remember that it's a twenty minute train ride and I can be in the heart of the city in no time. Context was worth the majority of the marks in my lit exam too, and that sucks, when you've put all the work in but you hate the question :frown: ooh they all sound like great texts, especially Albert Camus - I studied it in French this year (L'etranger) and it was cool learning about existentialism and his beliefs on the self, but it was bloody difficult having to write an essay entirely in french and making sure your grammar was perfect. For one year, 2 exams seems like a lot to ask for in that kind of depth - on top of all your other exams. We only had one and coursework of course but it still felt like a lot to know, on top of trying to create a sophisticated argument. I love The Catcher in the Rye!!
I know what you mean, some people say it's objective because it's an exam and they are ex teachers and they know what a sophisticated argument is blah blah, but the discrepancy can be huge (first hand experience, anyway). It's more than possible to move between a B and an A* depending on who marks your paper - especially when there's only around 5 or 6 marks in it overall, with two essays!

I find context to be the hardest thing though! Trying to fit it in with relevant analysis is so hard. I absolutely loved Camus, it was so different from anything I've ever read/studied before and I even bought a copy of the book myself after studying it! A friend of mine does drench also and she studied it too and said the exact same thing as you, it must have been so difficult to write a solid essay but with perfect grammar/sentence structure too.
Our AS year only had one exam and then coursework so it was such a lovely year, but there was just so much to cover this year to the point where you were drowning in literature 😂
I agree 100%! I don't have any first hand experience with discrepancies but a few of my friends have and it's crazy how the marks can change so significantly!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hamzy45
Aha thank god i'm not the only one, tell me about it. How did you find unit 5 bio and what are your predictions of the GB ?

Unit five was a little tricky but not super hard compared to previous years. I honestly have no idea. Very low sixties especially in unit four for the A*. Unit five maybe only be two or three marks higher.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GrandMasti
I think unit 4 bio will be around 61 for an A* and unit 5 bio will be around 63 for an A*. How did you find unit 5 relative to previous years?

I found unit five slightly harder. But only slightly compared to previous years. I quite liked the article questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chloeabeki
Over 90% for an A? Has that ever happened before? :redface:

It was 67 for an A in S2 last year, I came out looked at the answers and i got 65 I was confident until I saw the grade boundaries. :frown: Got 76 UMS
Original post by target21859
You know that percentage question in physics which no one was sure about. Turns out it is 17% and not 33%. Everyone was convinced it was 33% in the end. It was a weird question.

I messed up too but hopefully we both still make it into our firms. Exams suck.

What!
I seen the MS and it says 33% :/
What do people think the grade boundaries for A/A* will be for Edexcel maths A2 and AS modules will be?

aqa chem i did

I think 82 for a* in u4 and 84* for a* in u5
Original post by catsinnit
Edexcel I'm afraid:frown:

oh ok nm then. :frown:
Original post by physicsmaths
What!
I seen the MS and it says 33% :/

You sure it's the official mark scheme?
image.png
Reply 3897
4 days to grade boundries day.
Original post by Aph
4 days to grade boundries day.

Well 3 since they come out at midnight.
Still undecided as to whether or not I want to check the grade boundaries... Even though I roughly know all my raw marks

Quick Reply