The Student Room Group

Short, fat and stuck

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by sherlockfan
Have you tried living on 1200 calories?

I've been heavier than you and dieted below 1000 cals. If you're determined to lose the weight you will do it It's just seems like you're making up excuses to remain fat.
Like my willy.
Original post by Tai Ga
I've been heavier than you and dieted below 1000 cals. If you're determined to lose the weight you will do it It's just seems like you're making up excuses to remain fat.

Well that's deeply unhealthy and you should have sought professional advice before going on a starvation diet.
Im 4 foot 10 and weigh just over 60 kilos. No matter what I do I just seem to get fatter and fatter. Problem is that most sites say that in order to lose weight I have to eat no more than 1200 calories per day. I know I could never stick to that. Its less than what a child eats.
Why is life so unfair? Why do I have to be so short and fat? :frown: :mad:

Same I'm 5ft and tend to put weight on/look fat. My intake should be 1300 kcals a day and I too think it's unfair how large men can eat double what I do. I just can't enjoy eating/snack without my weight being affected. I run though and control my diet I'm 115pounds but still look 'fatty'.
Original post by indigofox
Same I'm 5ft and tend to put weight on/look fat. My intake should be 1300 kcals a day and I too think it's unfair how large men can eat double what I do. I just can't enjoy eating/snack without my weight being affected. I run though and control my diet I'm 115pounds but still look 'fatty'.

Same here, I cant enjoy anything without it showing the next day. I just wish I was taller.
Haha. Chubby little gnome.

Sorry.
Same here, I cant enjoy anything without it showing the next day. I just wish I was taller.

Oh no you dont as a girl who is 5ft 11. You dont want to be tall. A short girl is more liked than a tall girl (excluding the fashion industry)
You're tall. You get stares.
Its harder to find bf (thankfully im not looking for one)
You're height gives strangers, absolute creepy strangers in the street, to ask you how tall are you. How many inches are your legs :wtf:.
People see you as different. A shorter women is also seen as more feminine.
Your either a
model
BB player
or a bean pole
Reply 67
Well that's deeply unhealthy and you should have sought professional advice before going on a starvation diet.

I'm unhealthy despite being not obese, and you continuing to expand,

Remain fat then.
Original post by Tai Ga
I'm unhealthy despite being not obese, and you continuing to expand,

Remain fat then.

Just because you're not fat anymore doesn't mean that starving yourself is a healthy thing to do. Any sane professional could have told you that.
Grow up.
Original post by PrincessBO$$
Oh no you dont as a girl who is 5ft 11. YI'm s dont want to be tall. A short girl is more liked than a tall girl (excluding the fashion industry)
You're tall. You get stares.
Its harder to find bf (thankfully im not looking for one)
You're height gives strangers, absolute creepy strangers in the street, to ask you how tall are you. How many inches are your legs :wtf:.
People see you as different. A shorter women is also seen as more feminine.
Your either a
model
BB player
or a bean pole

I want to be taller, not necessarily 5ft 11 but somewhere in between. im sorry you don't like your height but that doesn't mean that midgets have it easy either.
I've been eating 800 calories a day for 4 weeks now and I work out as well lol. Being 6'0, it is possible. You have to want it and be patient.

Before anyone comments - no, I'm not starving myself. I feel full on 800cal/day.
Calorie counting is such a flawed way of trying to lose weight as not all calories are the same. If you want to lose weight its simple:

Cut out sugar entirely
Reduce carb intake

Viola
Have you tried living on 1200 calories?

Yes. I am doing so currently (I'm 4'9). And if you put in some effort, are smart about what types of foods you eat and track properly it is not difficult.

And like @tiger999 said you can lose half a pound a week at your height and weight on around 1400 calories day , hat is more than doable.

I sympathise with you, I do. I know sometimes it can feel hopeless and no life isn't fair. But no one ever said it would or should be.

But to be completely honest you have 2 choices.

1) Continue to feel sorry for yourself and not lose weight and complain about it.

2) Do something about it and actually give it a proper go.

It's your choice which you do.
Original post by patricio_miguel
I've been eating 800 calories a day for 4 weeks now and I work out as well lol. Being 6'0, it is possible. You have to want it and be patient.

Before anyone comments - no, I'm not starving myself. I feel full on 800cal/day.

You should talk to a professional, you might have an eating disorder.
Reply 74
Calorie count really works. Even if you're lazy to go to gym and do some workouts, the calorie count helps you loose weight. It's a matter of discipline. Although it's some kind of funny to other people, because you keep on checking out how much food calorie you're going to eat. I guarantee you it surely works. The result is some kind of gradual, you'll see the effect after 3 months (well that's based from experience).
Reply 75
Personally I would recommend seeing your GP to get advice on how to lose weight in a healthy way. They should tell you how to eat properly and how much exercise to do, as well as what kind. That way you'll get a method that's actually effective and safe, unlike many things you find on the Internet.
Original post by Nadile
Personally I would recommend seeing your GP to get advice on how to lose weight in a healthy way. They should tell you how to eat properly and how much exercise to do, as well as what kind. That way you'll get a method that's actually effective and safe, unlike many things you find on the Internet.

I've been to my GP but they haven't been of much help other than generic advice which I already knew.
Dietchef isn't actually that bad, they send you all your meals. It's not a fad diet, it's just ordinary food but in smaller portions. That way I don't have to count calories all the time.
I eat less than 1000 calories a day to lose the weight that I gained last year, it's not hard once you get used to it. I do 3 days of intense diet and exercise, followed by a day of no exercise and a couple of cheat meals to speed up the metabolism and make the diet easier.

If you want your body to look a certain way, you have to work for it. You are not stuck, as you have a choice.
I've been to my GP but they haven't been of much help other than generic advice which I already knew.
Dietchef isn't actually that bad, they send you all your meals. It's not a fad diet, it's just ordinary food but in smaller portions. That way I don't have to count calories all the time.

Diet Chef food is disgusting. The breakfasts and snacks are alright but I wouldn't recommend the dinners at all.

Its just laziness. Why not learn properly about nutrition as thats for life and you dont have to pau anyone.

Deficit = lose.
Weigh your food to maintain an accurate and healthy deficit.
Exercise to get fit and assist weight loss, but not essential.

Plenty of other people your size have lost weight, nothing new.

Quick Reply

Latest