The Student Room Group

British schoolgirl who ran away to Syria with her two friends dies in airstrike.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3734942/British-schoolgirl-fled-UK-join-ISIS-killed-airstrike.html

"A British schoolgirl who fled the UK to join ISIS in Syria has been killed by an airstrike in Raqqa.Kadiza Sultana, 17, is thought to have died earlier this year after her home in the terror state's stronghold city was hit by a bomb believed to have been dropped by a Russian plane. Tonight ITV News revealed that Kadiza, who was one of three Bethnal Green schoolgirls who left their homes to join so-called Islamic State, is dead.."

Don't have any sympathy for her whatsoever.

She was from Bethnal green, the same as that crazy girl who wanted to hold up a meet up at 5:00am in the morning at Bethnal green + was on drugs & also went viral. *cant remember her name*
Hopefully this will be a good lesson to those who wanted to join ISIS. I know she was planning with her sister to leave Raqqa but how foolish and naive of her to want to go there in the first place. I wonder what happened to the other two girls.
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
She was from Bethnal green, the same as that crazy girl who wanted to hold up a meet up at 5:00am in the morning at Bethnal green + was on drugs & also went viral. *cant remember her name*

Marina Joyce!!
serves her right!
Original post by The Epicurean
I have no doubt my views will be controversial. I don't find this a cause to celebrate over. How I see it, a young British citizen died. A young British teenager who was radicalised in our country. What this evidently highlights is that we have a problem in the UK where teenagers are becoming radicalised and it is an issue we need to address. So in these situation I don't celebrate, but mourn the loss young lives which could have accomplished so much more if we could have prevented such indoctrination taking place.

You make it sound like she was just some poor victim completely passive in this.She wasn't.If Isis managed to recruit her online then that suggests she was actively seeking them out.She was not innocent at all.There was plenty of information available to her.We know how Isis treat women,how they treat jews,how they treat gay people.She wanted to go to syria and participate in these crimes.Saying that shes 16 is no excuse.Lots of 16 year olds were raised in extreme religous households and break free of it.That she didn't is down to her and suggests a lack of critical thinking ability.Quite simply it was a reasonable expectation on her part that she would be killed and she chose to take that chance.So good riddance,such scum is not worth our tears.
Original post by Robby2312
You make it sound like she was just some poor victim completely passive in this.She wasn't.If Isis managed to recruit her online then that suggests she was actively seeking them out.She was not innocent at all.There was plenty of information available to her.We know how Isis treat women,how they treat jews,how they treat gay people.She wanted to go to syria and participate in these crimes.Saying that shes 16 is no excuse.Lots of 16 year olds were raised in extreme religous households and break free of it.That she didn't is down to her and suggests a lack of critical thinking ability.Quite simply it was a reasonable expectation on her part that she would be killed and she chose to take that chance.So good riddance,such scum is not worth our tears.

Agree
Original post by SugarCoatedCart
They're recruiting from western countries/europe more because they are the countries that they want to target the most, there was a Panorama documentary about how they work if you wanna watch it

That is quite possible. ISIS have gone to quite a lot of effort to produce propaganda in English. This would be a clear attempt at trying to target western audiences.

Salafi Islam has penetrated quite deeply into many Islamic communities in the West. Salafi Islam provides a stepping stone for even more extreme interpretations of Islam, such as those held by ISIS. There is also a perception among many that the Western media isn't reliable and that the media distorts the truth. So when one has been raised in such an environment, is it any wonder that young people would have a distorted perception of the world? Plus it would seem you underestimate the power propaganda has. Propaganda works, especially among individuals who are brought up to distrust western media.
That is quite possible. ISIS have gone to quite a lot of effort to produce propaganda in English. This would be a clear attempt at trying to target western audiences.

Salafi Islam has penetrated quite deeply into many Islamic communities in the West. Salafi Islam provides a stepping stone for even more extreme interpretations of Islam, such as those held by ISIS. There is also a perception among many that the Western media isn't reliable and that the media distorts the truth. So when one has been raised in such an environment, is it any wonder that young people would have a distorted perception of the world? Plus it would seem you underestimate the power propaganda has. Propaganda works, especially among individuals who are brought up to distrust western media.

Propaganda only works if you dont question it.If these people think that the western media is so biased as to completely make stuff up, then it suggests that they have strong anti-western sentiments.We're better off without people like that in europe.
Far greater number of Muslims in western nations like France, Belgium and the UK are joining ISIS than from countries like India and Indonesia. I think that in itself raises questions.

France
1,200 have joined ISIS
Estimated Muslim population is 5 million
240 ISIS members per million Muslims in France

Belgium
440 have joined ISIS
Estimated Muslim population is 660,000
667 ISIS members per million Muslims in Belgium

Indonesia
500 have joined ISIS
Estimated Muslim population is 205 million
2.4 ISIS members per million Muslims in Indonesia

India
18 have joined ISIS
Estimated Muslim population is 172 million
0.1 ISIS members per million Muslims in India

I think we need to ask why such a huge difference exists?

I'm quite skeptical that upon hearing positive things about the UK, attitudes towards the UK will change. I think the situation is more complicated.[/

"...I'm quite skeptical....attitudes towards the U.K. will change." Attitudes towards the U.K., and the West should have never eroded. The ONLY reason, I believe, they did erode was the simple fact that no one defended them. Not at the street level. The image one has of their country is paramount in them forming an attachment to it that is stronger than speeches from some freak whose goal is to destroy their country. A person has to hear these good things starting at a very young age. It has to be said that the average fellow on the street doesn't have the benefit of a university education to fend off what might be told to them during the process of recruitment.

What I was suggesting was that lacking a positive image of what
her country and countrymen stand for, and by extension herself, there is a vacuum that may find the mission to build a country the will operate solely on the laws of God irresistible.

Awhile back there was a topic entitled,I believe, "Are You Patriotic"? Some of the answers were, to me, bewildering.
Far greater number of Muslims in western nations like France, Belgium and the UK are joining ISIS than from countries like India and Indonesia. I think that in itself raises questions.

France
1,200 have joined ISIS
Estimated Muslim population is 5 million
240 ISIS members per million Muslims in France

Belgium
440 have joined ISIS
Estimated Muslim population is 660,000
667 ISIS members per million Muslims in Belgium

Indonesia
500 have joined ISIS
Estimated Muslim population is 205 million
2.4 ISIS members per million Muslims in Indonesia

India
18 have joined ISIS
Estimated Muslim population is 172 million
0.1 ISIS members per million Muslims in India

I think we need to ask why such a huge difference exists?

I'm quite skeptical that upon hearing positive things about the UK, attitudes towards the UK will change. I think the situation is more complicated.

I would be interested to know what your take is on the reason for the difference.
Poor girl. Rest in peace. My sympathy goes to her family.

Edit: I am shocked to see how many vitriolic comments are on this thread. Celebrating the death of a child, do you have no shame?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Platopus

Edit: I am shocked to see how many vitriolic comments are on this thread. Celebrating the death of a child, do you have no shame?

Out of curiosity, would you feel sympathy for a French woman who married a murdering SS stormtrooper during the Second World War only to then be killed in an Allied air attack?
Original post by Tempest II
Out of curiosity, would you feel sympathy for a French woman who married a murdering SS stormtrooper during the Second World War only to then be killed in an Allied air attack?

Yes

Crying about someone who made the decision to join a gang which murders thousands, enslaves thousands (loads of them significantly younger than this girl), tortures thousands, rapes thousands.....have you no shame? Disgusting of you to paint this scumbag as the victim in all of this.....
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
There was a documentary called Jihadi Brides saying the same thing actually. I wish it was still on BBC Iplayer.

I think 2 have died now. There's just one more idiot left.

It's on Dailymotion :smile: you can get it on there I still watch it sometimes :smile:

Original post by swirly
Swear down one of her friends was buff aswell:colonhash:

hmmmm kinda

You might have a point if she was one of the child soldiers isis uses brought up in syria.Then you would have a fair point.But this girl was raised in the heart of western society. She then actively chose to move to syria to participate in murder.Why should that gain any of our sympathy? She cant claim ignorance because the media was saturated with news about isis.You should have sympathy for the victims of such a group.Whats shameful here is you excusing her actions.
Original post by KimKallstrom
*Same here, although it must be said that the recruitment of people like this around the world - including in Europe - by Saudi-funded imams, Internet and street recruiters and other such cockroaches is downright predatory. They target people, convince them that their lifestyles have been degenerate and that they can wipe away their sins by leaving for jihad against the west who are - according to this narrative they push - the cause of all of the problems experienced by Muslims the world over, even though most of it is evidently sectarianism that's existed since the day Muhammad died. This is why quite a lot of the terrorists like the Paris and Nice attackers have backgrounds that appear "un-Islamic". These fundamentalists target and turn them. It's also a shame that "mainstream" imams in the Islamic centres across the country continue to do nothing to combat this and they instead label any attempt by others to do so as Uncle Toms and Islamiphoboc while continuing to push a narrative that the west and Israel does them no favours even though it's evidently BS.Still, if the reaction of somebody who sees what the West does and thinks an appropriate reaction is terrorism against Western civilians just going about their lives and to capture, kill, torture, enslave and rape thousands of Yazidis then, regardless of the predatory actions of the fundis, they are indeed the enemy and we must not have a shred of sympathy for them.*By the way, how much of a joke is it that media groups like the BBC and ITV refer to ISIS as "the so-called Islamic State" in a pathetic attempt to disassociate them from Islam? B b bb but I thought the media had it in for Muslims....:rolleyes:
Regarding the last paragraph, true!

They didn't say the so-called IRA, or so-called Taiwan (which the UK does not recognise as a country).
You might have a point if she was one of the child soldiers isis uses brought up in syria.Then you would have a fair point.But this girl was raised in the heart of western society. She then actively chose to move to syria to participate in murder.Why should that gain any of our sympathy? She cant claim ignorance because the media was saturated with news about isis.You should have sympathy for the victims of such a group.Whats shameful here is you excusing her actions.

Original post by KimKallstrom
Crying about someone who made the decision to join a gang which murders thousands, enslaves thousands (loads of them significantly younger than this girl), tortures thousands, rapes thousands.....have you no shame? Disgusting of you to paint this scumbag as the victim in all of this.....

Celebrating the death of anyone is shameful. I have nothing more to say.
Quite regrettable really. Apparently she was quite a good student. Just imagine her parents thinking "Where did we go wrong?"
Celebrating the death of anyone is shameful. I have nothing more to say.

So you'd cry for hitler or stalin or chairman mao would you? Thats a really flawed sense of morality you've got there.

Quick Reply