The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ExoIceCream99
But I worry other people will be nervous to talk in this chat because people who have been predicted A*'s will be like oh no only got 7 A*'s what the hell I failed. And some people won't even get any C's. It's sad

i can't wait to see the 'i got 9 A*s and an A in *unrelated subject* will this hold me back in getting an oxbridge offer' threads after results day :redface:
sure i understand we all have our expectations but that's just being a bit of a mug

Original post by Aamna-
Wow, I hope you get that A*! Moving from a C to an A* must not have been easy. And yeah, the a algorithm in the back wasn't the nicest question; I spent about twenty minutes on it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks, i hope you get the grade you want too :biggrin: was pretty hard, since we'd had a terrible teacher all throughout year ten so had to redo most of the coursework. and no one knew anything about theory, we all failed in mocks haha but most people are expecting good grades after working super hard on it
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Anmol_.
The thread is moving fast now, I guess we will make around 100-150 pages

definetley more and more people are joining and its expanding
Good luck to everyone on the 25th! Hope you get the grades you want.

This site probably saved me during my exams xD
Original post by Vanilla Cupcake
i can't wait to see the 'i got 9 A*s and an A in *unrelated subject* will this hold me back in getting an oxbridge offer' threads after results day :redface:
sure i understand we all have our expectations but that's just being a bit of a mug

thanks, i hope you get the grade you want too :biggrin: was pretty hard, since we'd had a terrible teacher all throughout year ten so had to redo most of the coursework. and no one knew anything about theory, we all failed in mocks haha but most people are expecting good grades after working super hard on it

Kind of the reason why I probably won't be on TSR on results day (and bc I'm away). I just think that if I haven't done as well as I would have liked, people making threads like that to boost their own egos will most likely make me feel even worse yk
Original post by XLittleSparrowX
Good luck to everyone on the 25th! Hope you get the grades you want.

This site probably saved me during my exams xD

Thanks, you too! :h:

Yeah same, although I did spend so much time on here between exams instead of revising :redface:
Original post by Vanilla Cupcake

ahahahhahahahahhaha! best post on this thread by far :biggrin:
Original post by surina16
Kind of the reason why I probably won't be on TSR on results day (and bc I'm away). I just think that if I haven't done as well as I would have liked, people making threads like that to boost their own egos will most likely make me feel even worse yk

I'm going on but it's just going to make me feel ****. People are just going to be disappointed with 9 A*'s because it's not 11 or some ****. You can be proud of it but imagine being "oh I did so bad."
And having a reply "same only got 9 A*'s" and you go "oh I didn't even get A*'s...bye"
Can't wait to see the 50 Us when I open my results. I'm so excited😁
See that's what I like to see.

Someone excited to fail 😂 Better than people whining they haven't got enough A*'s.
Why would you want to see someone excited to fail

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by trollface54
Can't wait to see the 50 Us when I open my results. I'm so excited😁

Sorry to hear you feel that way, hopefully you'll do better than you think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AdeptDz
Sorry to hear you feel that way, hopefully you'll do better than you think

Posted from TSR Mobile

Omg ur so reassuring :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AdeptDz
Why would you want to see someone excited to fail

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because it's better than the people saying they've failed because they've only got 10 A*'s and an A.

GCSEs can be redone and only mean something for A level really. (Or a job). As long as you get into your apprenticeship, college, or A level choices with the grades you get, and C in maths and English, it doesn't matter.
Troll😀
Original post by ExoIceCream99
Because it's better than the people saying they've failed because they've only got 10 A*'s and an A.

GCSEs can be redone and only mean something for A level really. (Or a job). As long as you get into your apprenticeship, college, or A level choices with the grades you get, and C in maths and English, it doesn't matter.

Of course they only mean something for a-levels (also apprenticeship) and jobs. What else were you expecting? Lol
GCSEs are more important than you think lol
I don't think anyone will be happy redoing their gcses, time is precious
True it is annoying, but seeing someone actually fail is not better.. Getting 8A*s instead of 9 is not going to really affect their chances, they will eventually get over it when they realise, while getting '50' Us will probably not be forgotten about and MAY negatively affect their live

I don't think it's better hearing someone may potentially struggle in the future.. Although it's less annoying, which I think should've been your point

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by tasha_tah
Omg ur so reassuring :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

😂 thanks I guess :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol guys if I really got 50 Us my life would be over. I would hav to live in a dustbin and eat rats. I hope not😂
Original post by AdeptDz
Of course they only mean something for a-levels (also apprenticeship) and jobs. What else were you expecting? Lol
GCSEs are more important than you think lol
I don't think anyone will be happy redoing their gcses, time is precious
True it is annoying, but seeing someone actually fail is not better.. Getting 8A*s instead of 9 is not going to really affect their chances, they will eventually get over it when they realise, while getting '50' Us will probably not be forgotten about and MAY negatively affect their live

I don't think it's better hearing someone may potentially struggle in the future.. Although it's less annoying, which I think should've been your point

Posted from TSR Mobile

My step father's a teacher. My mum is a pharmacist. The only subject my mum got a C in was History. Rest she got less. She's got a good life. My step dad didn't pass the subject he teaches at GCSE. If you're going down the A level route, GCSEs don't mean much. My sister who is 18 is getting into her university even with fail grades because her A level subjects are all A B standard. It doesn't matter too much.
Also the comment the person made and mine that followed was obviously sarcastic as you can't take 50 subjects at GCSE and I don't want them to fail. We all think we're going to get U's at first, especially in subjects you struggle in (I.e. I struggle in French). What I don't like is people complaining how many A*'s they've got. It doesn't make a difference. If you got a D in every subject apart from English and Maths, you could still get a successful job. GCSEs aren't the be all and end all, A level students will gladly tell you.

I wasn't glad the guy was going to fail, I was glad someone was complaining about SOMETHING THAT CAN genuinely affect their chances of a job. If you want to be a stock broker, and got an A in Maths GCSE, that dream isn't over. You can still do it.
Original post by trollface54
Lol guys if I really got 50 Us my life would be over. I would hav to live in a dustbin and eat rats. I hope not😂

I don't think anyone's ever got all U's 😂😂😂
Who would wanna eat dem bloody drunken rats
#aqabio

Latest