The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by angoranimi
Didn't your teachers mark them and tell you? The chemistry ISAs are the only things that can save my grade tbh

Nope our school send them to Edexcel for marking! 37/40 for an A is madness!
Reply 3961
Original post by connieiscrazy
Really? My French teachers didn't think it was any harder than usual :K: Nor did I tbh, but I came out thinking it had gone terribly because half of our listening tracks were missing so that derailed the exam and distracted us all whilst we were waiting for the problem to be resolved and French is my hardest subject so I was always extra worried about it

Whilst I don't think it was impossible, both of my teachers agreed it was set for native speakers (who hike up the grade boundaries like no other) and puts non native speakers at a serious disadvantage. I was seriously aiming for an A and come on in 2014 it was 101/110 for an A* - THAT IS AN ABSOLUTE JOKE. IT'S SHAMEFUL. Some of the questions I could only answer because I speak two other languages on top of french, but others don't. eg. How the hell were most people supposed to know that cuivre meant copper? or that the present participle of eteindre was eteignant? Yeah I know what you mean, we had begun the exam and one girl still had her hand up waiting for a CD. Exams are a mess tbh. The exam aside, I loved the speaking exam and had a lovely debate and conversation right at the end with my examiner and it was actually fun and exciting to argue about something I'm passionate about :smile:
Original post by elliottls97
What do people think the grade boundaries for A/A* will be for Edexcel maths A2 and AS modules will be?

For 90 UMS (A*):
C3-65
C4-69

For some reason I don't really think the C3 & C4 boundaries will change much from last year, maybe -1 for C3 and +1 for C4. I resat C1 and C2 but I have no idea what the boundaries will be tbh I just wanted to focus on my A2 modules. C2 was pretty easy but C1 had a few tricky questions.
Reply 3963
Original post by coboyle098
I find context to be the hardest thing though! Trying to fit it in with relevant analysis is so hard. I absolutely loved Camus, it was so different from anything I've ever read/studied before and I even bought a copy of the book myself after studying it! A friend of mine does drench also and she studied it too and said the exact same thing as you, it must have been so difficult to write a solid essay but with perfect grammar/sentence structure too.
Our AS year only had one exam and then coursework so it was such a lovely year, but there was just so much to cover this year to the point where you were drowning in literature 😂
I agree 100%! I don't have any first hand experience with discrepancies but a few of my friends have and it's crazy how the marks can change so significantly!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know what you mean, you don't want to name drop but you want to integrate it seamlessly into your argument. I know, the satire and pathos made is so interesting to explore from a contextual standpoint. Haha I love that, when you study something and love it so much that you read it again. Exactly, I doubt I could do it justice in English, let alone in French. Same, I loved AS literature, we studied The Picture of Dorian Gray and I swear I can recite passages word for word, it was beautiful. The new re mark system is a joke too, puts humanities students in trouble. Now, If the senior examiner disagrees with the mark given by the original examiner (despite the fact they are obviously more experienced and know what they're talking about), then the original mark still stands. Things like politics and English are so subjective and depend on a number of things such as depth of analysis and the flair in your argument. It's honestly so disheartening for everyone in humanities. It's such a shame tbh. Exams need serious reform. But I really hope for everyone's sake, hopefully we won't need to go through the nail - biting process of waiting for a grade to change :smile:
Just worried about physics AS grade boundaries, I did IAL btw and unit 1 really sucked... Do you guys think the grade boundaries for this year will be high???
Original post by DesignPredator

1 mark.....6 UMS?? Me and edexcel need to talk.
I don't even understand that gap between the A* and A grades. Hopefully they can knock down the unit 4 A* boundary to a cheeky 72 lol, then i'll be happy

grade boundaries.png

Yeah it's the same with physics. Loads of people cheat and it's really unfair to those that don't like me. It's what most likely will cost me the A/A*. I have no idea of how it went. Last year I got 56/60 and that was exactly an A. I will be really p****d off if it does.
Rant over lol
Original post by Mesuteyezil
Just worried about physics AS grade boundaries, I did IAL btw and unit 1 really sucked... Do you guys think the grade boundaries for this year will be high???

I did aqa, paper 1 was easy so grade blundaries are likely to be high for that but paper 2 was the toughest paper because it had practicles skills and multiple xhoice questions ... grade bpundaries of paper 2 will be very low .... now it depends how hard the paper was and how everyone found it
[QUOTE="igotnomoney;66908196"]I did aqa, paper 1 was easy so grade blundaries are likely to be high for that but paper 2 was the toughest paper because it had practicles skills and multiple xhoice questions ... grade bpundaries of paper 2 will be very low .... now it depends how hard the paper was and how everyone found it[/QUOTE

Thanks! I'm freaking out for real:frown: Unit 2 wasn't so bad but unit 1 screwed me over/// when do grade boundaries come out anyway?
Found THIS mint dispenser when cleaning out my bathroom cupboard the other day, just let me live:frown:
IMAG0924.jpg
Original post by angoranimi
1 mark.....6 UMS?? Me and edexcel need to talk.
I don't even understand that gap between the A* and A grades. Hopefully they can knock down the unit 4 A* boundary to a cheeky 72 lol, then i'll be happy

grade boundaries.png

Is that the newest grade boundaries
aqa a2 physics grade boundary predictions?

phya4: 57 51 46 42
phya5 56 50 45 41
Ffs HOW IS IT 4 DAYS TO GO?!
[QUOTE="Mesuteyezil;66908240"]
Original post by igotnomoney
I did aqa, paper 1 was easy so grade blundaries are likely to be high for that but paper 2 was the toughest paper because it had practicles skills and multiple xhoice questions ... grade bpundaries of paper 2 will be very low .... now it depends how hard the paper was and how everyone found it[/QUOTE

Thanks! I'm freaking out for real:frown: Unit 2 wasn't so bad but unit 1 screwed me over/// when do grade boundaries come out anyway?

In 4 days
Original post by igotnomoney
Is that the newest grade boundaries

No, last year's
Original post by boredaf123
Trolololololol I'm sorry guys I'm sick of waiting lol if only they were

why u do dis?
Original post by Qcomber
Last year AQA mark schemes were released the day before results

We have a different person releasing them to us this time, they stated in the OP that markschemes will be released after results.
Original post by dingdon

phya5 56 50 45 41

Slightly higher by 2-3 marks for both
Slightly higher by 2-3 marks for both

what option module did u do for phya5?
Original post by dingdon

phya5 56 50 45 41

I think a little higher personally, but not much.

PHYA4:
120 UMS = 65/75
108 UMS = 59/75
A = 53/75

PHYA5/astro:
120 UMS = 65/75
108 UMS = 59/75
A = 53/75

Quick Reply

Latest