The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Just had a moment today I went for a walk and as usual I was wearing my Hijab (head covering) and a long top which covers my arms and I had two layers of clothing two tops and a long skirt. It was so hot and what pisses me off is how Muslim Men can just wear shorts and a top only and flip flops how the ****kkkkkkkkkkkkkkk is that fair ? I really want to enjoy the weather without being covered head to toe it's so hot.................How is it fair that Muslim Men have it so easy ????
It pissesssss me off, I saw some Muslim women in burqas like wth would you wear that???

Maybe find some clothing that is light and comfortable during the summer? :smile:
I also have the same problem btw!
Original post by joebobby
Then she should stop complaining about wearing the extra clothing. That is like having your cake, eating it, and then saying you are above cake and want to completely change it. If your friends/families disown you because of your beliefs (especially in the west) than they weren't very good supporters to begin with and you should tell them to get lost.

1. Like I said in my comment. You dont simply leave Islam based on one idea. For example, the one idea that women need to cover up isnt really enough for most folk to overwrite the complete idea of Islam. However this may be a start in questioning Islam. Theres nothing wrong with criticising sections of your own beliefs, its quite open minded actually.

2. Regardless of your opinion, there still your parents. You need to be open minded and see the fact that in their eyes you have left the religion of truth. Muslims parents whole heartily believe Islam is the truth and people who deny it will be punished forever. When you're indoctrinated to believe that you will be burnt alive forever and ever for simply not believing of course you're going to make your kids believe the same, its all you know.

I know its extreme to disown your kids I completely agree. Heck I'm in the closet about my atheism to my Muslim parents for the same reason. However the day I tell them and if they choose to disown me, I still will be shattered. Its quite easy to say "Tell them to get lost" but its not easy at all in the real world. To add, I will still always be thankful to them. Yes they may disown me but they raised me, put food on the plate, clothed me etc.

I hate Islam as much as the next guy, no scrap that. I truly hate it, probably more than anyone else. Having to grow up in it and always be around it, reading the Quran/Haidth makes me disgusted with it as a belief structure. However I still care enough for my parents regardless if they view me as a kaffir.
Original post by markova21
Wow. What kind of parents abandon their own offspring simply because they have left their religion? Surely , just out of instinct, you stick by your kids through thick and thin whatever they do? And yet how often do we hear how "perfect" Islam is? How "Only Muslims" are following the most perfect religion ? If Muslims, who are supposedly following the "perfect" religion believe that religion makes them turn their backs on their children forever more for leaving said religion i'd say those people have been brainwashed into believing something not perfect, but something cult-like and wicked. Jesus said "Beware the false prophets, who are wolves dressed in sheep's clothing".

I agree, it is sick. However it happens all the time really, most children who leave Islam are disowned by their folks.

However from their point of view, they have been brought up to think Islam is right and that going against that will earn you a unthinkable punishment which will last forever. If you whole heartily believe that which most muslim parents do, if your kid goes against it you will try do anything to prevent that. Even if it means disowning them, cutting them off financially, pray on them, take them to imams etc.

Also, Islam is definitively not perfect. Reading a few pages of the Quran will show that, so many scientific inaccuracies, contradictions and just how immoral it actually is. This is the problem, most Muslims dont even read the Quran. They cherry pick all the good and exclude all the bad, if that. And the ones who have read it fully, are so indoctrinated that they will look pass all the negatives because they've been that brainwashed.
My dad doesn't care but my mum wouldn't be too happy about it

Tough on your mum really. This is a free country you know unlike most Muslim countries.
Original post by GUMI
It's called social norms and we all have them, men and women.
So it's not unfair, you just need to grow up and realize everyone has problems, not just entitled snowflakes like you

goodness me, no wonder people feel apprehensive about starting a thread on here!

That last sentence was totally unnecessary. Yes everyone has problems, and forums are here for people to address them! Not everything on here has to be a groundbreaking issue; it can be little things that people want to raise, and if this situation is affecting her, it's valid, and she's not being an "entitled snowflake".

Many Muslim girls have to come to terms with their own religion, and I'm sure OP is not the first person to question the rules of Islam. That's perfectly okay, don't make people feel worse with your snarky comments. Most of all, just because people may not have the "grown up" mentality that you do, it doesn't mean you put them down. If anything, the mature thing to do is speak kindly.

Make your point, but there's no need to be rude and condescending about it.
Original post by Cobalt_
Islam is definitively not perfect.
an understatement (check e.g. treatment of women, homosexuals, apostates, non/muslims, confusion between religion and State)

and repeating over and over again "Islam is perfect" "Islam is perfect" "Islam is perfect" etc is not going to improve the situation one tiny bit. Only admitting the need for reform would make a difference
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Cobalt_
I agree, it is sick. However it happens all the time really, most children who leave Islam are disowned by their folks.

However from their point of view, they have been brought up to think Islam is right and that going against that will earn you a unthinkable punishment which will last forever. If you whole heartily believe that which most muslim parents do, if your kid goes against it you will try do anything to prevent that. Even if it means disowning them, cutting them off financially, pray on them, take them to imams etc.

Also, Islam is definitively not perfect. Reading a few pages of the Quran will show that, so many scientific inaccuracies, contradictions and just how immoral it actually is. This is the problem, most Muslims dont even read the Quran. They cherry pick all the good and exclude all the bad, if that. And the ones who have read it fully, are so indoctrinated that they will look pass all the negatives because they've been that brainwashed.

As a closet atheist myself, couldn't agree more!
My dad doesn't care but my mum wouldn't be too happy about it

It's kind of the other was for me... I want to stop wearing mine, I think I'm going to and if anyone doesn't like it, that's their problem.
It's kind of the other was for me... I want to stop wearing mine, I think I'm going to and if anyone doesn't like it, that's their problem.

Good on you.
Original post by mariachi
an understatement (check e.g. treatment of women, homosexuals, apostates, non/muslims, confusion between religion and State)

and repeating over and over again "Islam is perfect" "Islam is perfect" "Islam is perfect" etc is not going to improve the situation one tiny bit. Only admitting the need for reform would make a difference

I agree. I'm very anti religion, especially Islam.
Already read the Quran/Hadith on them issues, pretty sick.

Never said it was aha, I'm a pretty open Anti Islam Ex muslim.
You could try actually questioning Islam and see whether it actually makes any kind of logical sense.
Reply 131
Dear sisterMay Allah keep you in right path till the end... You may feel hot here in this world covering yourself... But remember, HELL is more hot than this....Btw, brothers also have to cover there body in such a way that they keep away from fitna.... especially it'sa must to cover from naval to knees... that doesn't mean Islam is unfair between males and females...if u really research in islamic perspective you well know we have equity...Struggle hard to get the Jannah... There each and every of your wish come true...in this world we are in a big exam... Do your exam well, pass and get into Jannah... There no worries, no pain, no hard feeling, only eternal happiness...Regards
Reply 132
Just had a moment today I went for a walk and as usual I was wearing my Hijab (head covering) and a long top which covers my arms and I had two layers of clothing two tops and a long skirt. It was so hot and what pisses me off is how Muslim Men can just wear shorts and a top only and flip flops how the ****kkkkkkkkkkkkkkk is that fair ? I really want to enjoy the weather without being covered head to toe it's so hot.................How is it fair that Muslim Men have it so easy ????
It pissesssss me off, I saw some Muslim women in burqas like wth would you wear that???

I'm sure you have a ton of replies to this, my advice is to read the quran, learn more about it. Inshallah you'll find the answer you need.
Reply 133
Original post by Sobaah
Dear sisterMay Allah keep you in right path till the end... You may feel hot here in this world covering yourself... But remember, HELL is more hot than this....Btw, brothers also have to cover there body in such a way that they keep away from fitna.... especially it'sa must to cover from naval to knees... that doesn't mean Islam is unfair between males and females...if u really research in islamic perspective you well know we have equity...Struggle hard to get the Jannah... There each and every of your wish come true...in this world we are in a big exam... Do your exam well, pass and get into Jannah... There no worries, no pain, no hard feeling, only eternal happiness...Regards
g
Great response mashallah! :smile:
Original post by Sobaah
brothers also have to cover there body in such a way that they keep away from fitna....
but hijab rules for males are much less wideranging and heavy, and less strictly enforced

so, as usually in Islam, different and not equal : it's a man's world. The direct heritage of a patriarchal society
Original post by SN4057
I'm sure you have a ton of replies to this, my advice is to read the quran, learn more about it. Inshallah you'll find the answer you need.
the Quran (24:31) talks about covering the bosom
Original post by Cobalt_
I hate Islam as much as the next guy, no scrap that. I truly hate it, probably more than anyone else. Having to grow up in it and always be around it, reading the Quran/Haidth makes me disgusted with it as a belief structure.

As a Muslim who has read the entire Qur'an and is living in a primarily atheist area, I have come to the opposite conclusion you have. I'm not having a go at you, I would just be interested in what your views are and why you are 'disgusted' with it. It's just, most people who hate Islam hate it irrationally and have no knowledge of it, but you are clearly different.
Original post by otah007
As a Muslim who has read the entire Qur'an and is living in a primarily atheist area, I have come to the opposite conclusion you have. I'm not having a go at you, I would just be interested in what your views are and why you are 'disgusted' with it. It's just, most people who hate Islam hate it irrationally and have no knowledge of it, but you are clearly different.
do you think that a "rational hate" of Islam is possible ?

in fact, isn't hate, by definition, an irrational sentiment ?

what about a rational opposition to Islam, based on a good knowledge of it ?

best
Reply 138
Original post by sameehaiqbal
Are you serious? Men also need to remain modest i.e wearing trousers up to their ankles.
Wrong. The male awrah is from the navel to the knee. So just a pair of long shorts, pulled up a bit, is all a man needs to wear to maintain his modesty.
Original post by QE2
Wrong. The male awrah is from the navel to the knee. So just a pair of long shorts, pulled up a bit, is all a man needs to wear to maintain his modesty.
correct

however, I think that there is a huge dispute over other aspects of male attire

Men are not supposed to have clothing which covers their ankles: however , rolling up the pants is apparently not the way to go - they have to be naturally short or (but this is, I think, argued upon) you should pull them up by the waistline

this, not to protect the gaze and purity of Muslim females who may find covered ankles as irresistibly sexy - but apparently because having long trousers (even down to the ground) is considered as displaying "pride"

Latest

Trending

Trending