The Student Room Group

Short, fat and stuck

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by sherlockfan
Have you tried living on 1200 calories?

I have and it's not that difficult. It's about what you eat not that much of a how. much you eat. Like look at ready meals. One is enough for a meal but you have something like chicken tikka masala with rice for one which is like 650 calories and you have chicken tikka with rice from a different brand which is 350 calories.
Original post by 999tigger
Its just laziness. Why not learn properly about nutrition as thats for life and you dont have to pau anyone.

Deficit = lose.
Weigh your food to maintain an accurate and healthy deficit.
Exercise to get fit and assist weight loss, but not essential.

Plenty of other people your size have lost weight, nothing new.

It's not laziness, you don't even know anything about the program. Look it up before you criticize. A lot of people have found it successful. I have tried eating healthy but clearly I've been doing something wrong, so there's no shame in joining a more regimented program that tells you exactly what you have to eat.
(edited 7 years ago)
So what's the solution?

http://www.iifym.com/iifym-calculator/

Me in 2010; me now. Take it or leave it.
It's not laziness, you don't even know anything about the program. Look it up before you criticize. A lot of people have found it successful. I have tried eating healthy but clearly I've been doing something wrong, so there's no shame in joining a more regimented program that tells you exactly what you have to eat.

Prep prepared foods for the microwave?
How much do they cost you?
Will you be buying them for life?

It doesnt teach you about food.

Why not learn to use scales and cook.
MFP is free.
Prep prepared foods for the microwave?
How much do they cost you?
Will you be buying them for life?

It doesnt teach you about food.

Why not learn to use scales and cook.
MFP is free.

This OP!

Weight loss needs to be sustainable. You probably won't be buying these diet chef meals for life and I think you already know that. And you actually have to add other things as well as the diet chef meal plan (breakfast, lunch dinner and 1 snack) itself is not enough calories (I added up the highest calorie options of each breakfast lunch dinner and snack and it only came to 975 calories a day, you yourself OP even said that isn't healthy) even for someone losing weight and the website even says you should be adding your own fruit and veg (even more to buy on top of the £39 a week the dietplan costs) . So what will you be eating on top? Would you count the calories in that? If not how would you know if you're not still overeating in calories?

So what happens once you've lost the weight? Will you continue to buy those meals? Or will you go back to old eating habits and regain the weight?

Fact is diet chef is not sustainable. You're not learning how much your body needs to lose or maintain weight. I'll agree they're convenient. But not much more so than just doing your own food if you learn how to cook, there are hundreds of meals you can make in less than 20 mins if you just learn how...and they're cheaper.
(edited 7 years ago)
Btw you cna lose weight but you have to understand and stick to the basics.
People join and start diest on MFP all the time and support each other. Thousands. Its free.
Seen plenty of shorter people with the same dilemma you have.
Btw you cna lose weight but you have to understand and stick to the basics.
People join and start diest on MFP all the time and support each other. Thousands. Its free.
Seen plenty of shorter people with the same dilemma you have.

And I'm one of them, I'm on MFP myself. I'm actually shorter than OP and I know what it's like to not be able to eat as much as bigger people and guys.

I think OP needs to just start being honest with herself and stop making excuses for herself. As long as she feels sorry for herself or relies on companies like diet chef to do the work for her she'll never achieve sustainable weightloss and weight maintenance.

That isn't meant to put OP down by any means or make her feel bad about herself. I'd love for OP to achieve her goals and be happy. But all I've seen in this thread is her making excuses and getting annoyed at the people saying she has to put some serious effort in and take responsibility for herself.

I understand we all just want to have a bit of a moan sometimes, I've been there trust me. But there comes a point where you need to just get over it and start doing what needs to be done.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by SophieSmall
And I'm one of them, I'm on MFP myself. I'm actually shorter than OP and I know what it's like to not be able to eat as much as bigger people and guys.

I think OP needs to just start being honest with herself and stop making excuses for herself. As long as she feels sorry for herself or relies on companies like diet chef to do the work for her she'll never achieve sustainable weightloss and weight maintenance.

That isn't meant to put OP down by any means or make her feel bad about herself. I'd love for OP to achieve her goals and be happy. But all I've seen in this thread is her making excuses and getting annoyed at the people saying she has to put some serious effort in and take responsibility for herself.

I understand we all just want to have a bit of a moan sometimes, I've been there trust me. But there comes a point where you need to just get over it and start doing what needs to be done.

Not at all. Many ways to do it, but you have to get under control how much of a deficit you accurately and consistently create.

That means how many calories you eat and for short people its hoing to be easier if you do regular exercise. It just provides added flexibility.

MFP is better becayse she will get the same message from many people, al who have been there and done it. If OP wants results then she just has to learn and embrace the basics.

We always agree on this subject anyway.
Slimming world. Not sure how but it works. Go to class and do it properly and you will definitely lose weight and it's SO easy

I've joined now and I intend to keep going until I've achieved my weight goal. You can't really criticise something you have no experience of. I've already lost a few grams so.. Clearly it does work and it's been proven to work for a lot of other people too. You just need to add fruit and veg to what they give you. I'm not making excuses for myself.

I've joined now and I intend to keep going until I've reached my goal weight. If joining a program is what it takes to lose weight then that's what I'll do, and I've already lost a few grams. I'm not making excuses myself, I'm trying to lose weight in a way thats convenient for me.
1200 calories is a piece of piss to stick to, it's all about eating the right kinds of food. Leans proteins like turkey steaks should be a staple of your diet, very high in protein, low in calories. Lots of veg too, the high fibre will keep you full, flavoured protein shakes are excellent as they can act as a daily treat because they're pretty ****ing tasty. And to make sure you stick to a diet consisting of lots of veg and lean meats you need to stock up on spices, people that try and eat really healthily but eat plain vegetables never stick to it, you should make things like stir fries, curries etc.
(edited 7 years ago)
I've joined now and I intend to keep going until I've achieved my weight goal. You can't really criticise something you have no experience of. I've already lost a few grams so.. Clearly it does work and it's been proven to work for a lot of other people too. You just need to add fruit and veg to what they give you. I'm not making excuses for myself.

And you know I have no experience of it....how now?

It works because you're eating less calories. Actually less than 1000 a day from diet chef meals alone. Some fruit and veg are low calorie. But others if you're not careful can really up your calories if you're adding them and stall or even stop weight loss depending on how much you add bringing you over or at your TDEE. And if you're not counting those calories how can you know?

A few grams is not going to tell you if you are steadily losing weight or not. You can pee out 200 grams in 60 seconds. until you've shifted a couple of KG you won't know for sure if you're losing fat or if you're seeing normal fluctuations in weight.
(edited 7 years ago)
There's no way a fully grown man can survive on 1500 calories a day. The recommended intake is 2500.

First of all, OP, I completely sympathise with you. I fairly short as well and am also what I would say is 'fat' and so I decided to start losing weight around 2 weeks ago. For me, I think that it's important to focus on your goals and the end product so to speak - that you'll be healthier, look great, have more options with what you wear etc. These are my goals at least and it's worth reminding yourself of whatever your goals are.

I'm male and I've cut my diet down to 1400 calories per day, allowing me to lose 2 lbs per week roughly. It was hard going in the first few days, but my cravings for food have drastically reduced and though I do have the odd lapse, it doesn't take my calorie total to anything more than around 1500/ 1600 calories per day. I've become far more aware of what's in my food and actually why I gained so much weight in the first place - because I was eating food that wasn't filling, but was laden with lots of calories. I will say that I've not really felt much hunger on 1400 calories per day, making me realise that I was eating because I was bored rather than because I was hungry. When you do get the odd pang of hunger, drink water and ensure that you drink lots of water throughout the day. Water does sate your hunger a lot of the time, though it also means you pee much more.
Reply 94
who cares it dosent matter about weight Im 5'4 and weigh 50 kilos I used to be insecure as because my thighs are so fat and the rest of my body is skinny but i dont care anymore thick girls are winning:biggrin:
Original post by sahra667
who cares it dosent matter about weight Im 5'4 and weigh 50 kilos I used to be insecure as because my thighs are so fat and the rest of my body is skinny but i dont care anymore thick girls are winning:biggrin:

They're really not. Nobody digs fat chicks except for deviants and other fat chicks.
I've joined now and I intend to keep going until I've reached my goal weight. If joining a program is what it takes to lose weight then that's what I'll do, and I've already lost a few grams. I'm not making excuses myself, I'm trying to lose weight in a way thats convenient for me.

If youve lost weight its because you were at a calorific deficit and not because of them sprinkling fairy dust. You should lose on 1200 calories.

Good if it works for you then do it, just theres cheaper ways. Also when you hit target, the harder task is to maintain it. You will have become dependent on them working out all the calories by then.
You have crap discipline when it comes to eating and most other things such as exercise and a work ethic. luckily for you, most people are fat, because most people are hopeless.

So you're not alone.
Reply 98
Original post by TheNeutralizer
They're really not. Nobody digs fat chicks except for deviants and other fat chicks.

U got it wrong im a size 8 just with thick thighs so ur wrong cus i eat whatever i want when i want
Reply 99
Original post by TheNeutralizer

correct me if i am wrong but a slim waist and thick thighs is attractive in todays society

Quick Reply

Latest