The Student Room Group

Nottingham Trent accommodation

Hello
I am overwhelmed by all of the various accommodation options for NTU. I want en-suite, to be in a sociable flat and to share with others, I will be studying business in the city centre
Any advice please?
Reply 1
Original post by tmallinder
hello
i am overwhelmed by all of the various accommodation options for ntu. I want en-suite, to be in a sociable flat and to share with others, i will be studying business in the city centre
any advice please?

wish someone would reply!!!!

This is meant for general accomodation queries, if you post in the Nottingham Trent sub forum you should get some answers, but either way you can't expect an instant reply. You may also find that as its quite late on now the most popular accomodation has already been booked up.
I have a spare room of 6 bedroom house with 5 other girls, all very nice and social. It comes with an en-suite TV in every room aswell as the lounge. It is also located in the city centre, 5 minute walk from Ocean and also 5 minutes from Market Square. Message me on facebook for more details, my name is 'Bailey Todd'

Hi Tmallinder,

Have you had chance to look at iQ Nottingham yet? :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by jelly1000
This is meant for general accomodation queries, if you post in the Nottingham Trent sub forum you should get some answers, but either way you can't expect an instant reply. You may also find that as its quite late on now the most popular accomodation has already been booked up.

Ah thanks - but the problem is that NTU is my insurance so I have no option but to wait! It's frustrating to know that all the best halls are already booked when we haven't even got our results yet!
Ah thanks - but the problem is that NTU is my insurance so I have no option but to wait! It's frustrating to know that all the best halls are already booked when we haven't even got our results yet!

Unfortunately those who place a university as insurance are quite often near the bottom of the accomodation pile- even where accomodation is not allocated before results day, firmers usually get placed first. Hopefully you'll get into your firm, if not then I've heard of some people ringing up NTU on results day and geting a room, but in wherever there is space, and that was a few years ago now, equally you could find they are full. It's quite common for insurance students to have to find private housing. It's worth asking in the NTU forum for a more up to date reply about whether insurance applicants can get a room in halls.
Reply 7
Unfortunately those who place a university as insurance are quite often near the bottom of the accomodation pile- even where accomodation is not allocated before results day, firmers usually get placed first. Hopefully you'll get into your firm, if not then I've heard of some people ringing up NTU on results day and geting a room, but in wherever there is space, and that was a few years ago now, equally you could find they are full. It's quite common for insurance students to have to find private housing. It's worth asking in the NTU forum for a more up to date reply about whether insurance applicants can get a room in halls.

Thanks so much, To be honest if I had realised this (my fault!) then I would definitely NOT have put Notts Trent as my insurance as I want to be in halls of residence. I may ask to be released into clearing on the day then as no intention of being on my own in a private house with no other first years - how sad would that be? And sadly I won't be getting into my firm after shocking exams!! ha ha
Thanks again
Thanks so much, To be honest if I had realised this (my fault!) then I would definitely NOT have put Notts Trent as my insurance as I want to be in halls of residence. I may ask to be released into clearing on the day then as no intention of being on my own in a private house with no other first years - how sad would that be? And sadly I won't be getting into my firm after shocking exams!! ha ha
Thanks again

You never know, your exams may have gone better than you thought, or your firm might be lenient. What I meant about private housing is finding a house with other freshers- you will likely find others on facebook posting saying they didnt get a room in halls, did anyone want to look with them. Most universities now days don't guarentee insurance students a room in halls and they don't guarentee it for students going through clearing either.
Reply 9
Original post by iQ Student Accommodation
Hi Tmallinder,

No what is that please?
Would I be with other first years? Everyone tells me that you need to be in halls in the first year to enjoy the social scene and make friends so I want to be with other first years in the same boat as me basically - away from home for the first time and not knowing anyone!!! I will be based in the city centre, studying business
I will look at your suggestion now many thanks!
Reply 10
You never know, your exams may have gone better than you thought, or your firm might be lenient. What I meant about private housing is finding a house with other freshers- you will likely find others on facebook posting saying they didnt get a room in halls, did anyone want to look with them. Most universities now days don't guarentee insurance students a room in halls and they don't guarentee it for students going through clearing either.

Ah okay that's really helpful many thanks
I should have done a bit more reading up beforehand to be honest!
Ok great I will see what happens on the day and then go onto facebook or here as you suggest
It's all a bit stressful isn't it?
Cheers
Ah okay that's really helpful many thanks
I should have done a bit more reading up beforehand to be honest!
Ok great I will see what happens on the day and then go onto facebook or here as you suggest
It's all a bit stressful isn't it?
Cheers

Yes it is a bit, try not to worry too much yet, as I said there is the possibility Nottingham Trent may have rooms available, although they may not be ensuite or in the city centre.
Reply 12
Original post by iQ Student Accommodation
Hi Tmallinder,

Hi Just looked at your website but there is only one room left and I haven't even got my results yet so it will be gone anyway by Thursday!
Thanks anyway!
Hi Just looked at your website but there is only one room left and I haven't even got my results yet so it will be gone anyway by Thursday!
Thanks anyway!

Hi tmallinder, happy results day! We hope you got the results you wanted. You never know what may become available at iQ Nottingham, so why not join our waiting list here.

Have a great day :smile:
Reply 14
Hello
I am overwhelmed by all of the various accommodation options for NTU. I want en-suite, to be in a sociable flat and to share with others, I will be studying business in the city centre
Any advice please?

How about goldsmith court - private halls but have freshers reps . very close to the uni and nicer that uni halls?

I reserved a room in a freshers flat that I am trying to find someone to take from me (no longer needed now)

let me know if you are interested
Original post by Molz96
How about goldsmith court - private halls but have freshers reps . very close to the uni and nicer that uni halls?

I reserved a room in a freshers flat that I am trying to find someone to take from me (no longer needed now)

let me know if you are interested

Is your roo at goldsmith court still available? please let me know asap if it is
Reply 16
If your looking for private student accommodation please let me know as I know a place you could rent. It's a studio flat and it's £125 pw it's right next to the city centre and short walk from the university. if your are Intrested please let me know as I no longer can rent it as I'm not staying in Nottingham no more !!!

Hello
Any advice please?
Hello , check a variety of student portal services there's loads , I used pads for students and I've seen quite a few offers on their website about en-suites and private halls . I hope I helped you. http://bit.ly/2beL2EH
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest