The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by OrdinaryStudent
when did unis get our results?

yesterday or today
Who here is quietly hoping that their uni makes a clerical error and sends you a welcome pack and congratulating you on your acceptance before thursday (although they shouldnt). I certainly hope they do!!!
Original post by longsightdon
I'm in a similar position to you. I need A*A*A for chemistry at imperial in chem maths and biol respectively. It's 50/50 whether I got in, I've no idea tbh, chem unit 4 and empa (AQA) was dodgy and I think I messed up my c3 (OCR). Although I've not got used to the idea of going to my insurance. I really don't want to go to Warwick cause I've set myself on imperial for so long >.<

As soon as I left my last chemistry exam, I told myself to forget about Imperial and get excited about my insurance. And it sort of worked for a while, but now I'm back to wanting to get into Imperial.... There's an extremely slim chance I'll get in. If ecf is generous then maybe. I'll probably die of a heart attack before UCAS track loads on Thursday anyway. Warwick is a really great uni too! Is your Warwick offer AAA?
Original post by Rookie cookie
This results day will be disappointing! :frown:
Needed AAA for UCL-Politics and east european studies and AAB for KCL European politics, probably ending up with BCC :frown: I could've tried much harder, it's so annoying! I know that neither of these unis are leniant!

I understand how you feel, disappointing knowing that the results won't reflect your true capabilities. (Also firmed UCL - not very hopeful of leniency either. :erm:)

Original post by ninjass
Who here is quietly hoping that their uni makes a clerical error and sends you a welcome pack and congratulating you on your acceptance before thursday (although they shouldnt). I certainly hope they do!!!

Lol, I've been thinking about this since knowing our results have been released to unis. :rofl:
Original post by Aph
Sounds like you are in.

Look at the website generally.

Original post by Rabadon
kinda seems like something they'd only send to accepted applicants.. and since they have your results now..

oo spooky

Wait, universities have our results? I don't want to get my hopes up 🤔
Original post by ninjass

This may have happened to me 😀
Reply 4086
Original post by Sacred Ground

Yeah, they got them yesterday.
Original post by victoria98
As soon as I left my last chemistry exam, I told myself to forget about Imperial and get excited about my insurance. And it sort of worked for a while, but now I'm back to wanting to get into Imperial.... There's an extremely slim chance I'll get in. If ecf is generous then maybe. I'll probably die of a heart attack before UCAS track loads on Thursday anyway. Warwick is a really great uni too! Is your Warwick offer AAA?

Yeah it is a good uni but I'm so set on imperial now yano? And yeah it's AAA
Lol nearly all my relatives are coming over this week to witness my failures
Original post by Sacred Ground

Yeah they do have them I think - you may have benefitted from a clerical error...
Original post by Mathemagicien
Problem is, they'll realise their error, but you might be too late to go to your insurance. Then you are in an even worse situation.

Hopefully that wont be the case :smile:
:frown:
**** sake results day is too close for my liking hahaha, im *****ing it
Original post by victoria98

*stalking the thread* I read you saying about you getting excited about your insurance whilst having several tabs open about Edinburgh; sadly, this strategy isn't making me any less anxious! -_-
At what time are people going to be spamming their track refresh buttons?
F
Original post by asos98
**** sake results day is too close for my liking hahaha, im *****ing it

shït
Original post by postexamtalk
At what time are people going to be spamming their track refresh buttons?

Please don't. It'll crash the website. It's meant to auto update anyway. And they said if it isn't updated at 8/8:30 then it won't update till midday

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rabadon
kinda seems like something they'd only send to accepted applicants.. and since they have your results now..

oo spooky

what u saying what u saying bruvvvvvv
Original post by mliela
Please don't. It'll crash the website. It's meant to auto update anyway. And they said if it isn't updated at 8/8:30 then it won't update till midday
You have to purchase it from the ucas ap
Original post by Rookie cookie
Does anyone know if QMUL is lenient in clearing?

See

Original post by FemaleBo55
I know that QMUL are quite sympathic during results day, if you missed your offer by one grade they will take you in regardless of course (exlcuding medicine and dentistry not sure if they do vet med. lol :redface:) but thats only if you havent rejected them or withdrew your offer from them.

Quick Reply

Latest