The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Damned tennis is going to make me miss the Velodrome! What a game though, improved as its gone along too.

One thing to add also is that the judge is actually the Asian looking guy from Queens and Wimbledon. Must be a great honor for him.
Nadal broken!!!! Del Potro serves for the match!!!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by Rakas21
Nadal broken!!!! Del Potro serves for the match!!!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

And Nadal breaks to love! The passing shot at the end... like the good old days :wink:
Holy f*** those break points were tense.
Tie Break!

Spoiler

delpo wins! @Rakas21 That truly was an amazing match!

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
I am not ashamed to say that I will be rooting for Del Potro in the final. The fact that Murray and I happen to be compatriots is just not enough for me. There is nothing about him as a tennis player or a person that could motivate me to support him.
Original post by Ashnard
I am not ashamed to say that I will be rooting for Del Potro in the final. The fact that Murray and I happen to be compatriots is just not enough for me. There is nothing about him as a tennis player or a person that could motivate me to support him.

What a match! Agreed, as a fan of the game as a whole i'll be supporting the player who makes my draw drop over my millionth second cousin.

:biggrin:

Del Potro or Nadal for the US Open?
Original post by LifeIsFine
delpo wins! @Rakas21 That truly was an amazing match!

Spoiler

Can't say Nadal will be sad at gold and bronze i suspect.
Original post by Rakas21
What a match! Agreed, as a fan of the game as a whole i'll be supporting the player who makes my draw drop over my millionth second cousin.

:biggrin:

Del Potro or Nadal for the US Open?

To be honest, if it was anyone else I'd probably just be neutral but with the way he (Del Potro) plays and his problem with injuries it is difficult not to support him.

For the US Open I think Delpo has a better chance than Nadal. Didn't get to see the whole match but Nadal looked very beatable from what I saw. I'd still put Murray and Djokovic as joint favourites though.
Original post by Rakas21
Can't say Nadal will be sad at gold and bronze i suspect.

Very true lol, I'm just quite a big nadal fan :biggrin:
I want Del Potro to win. He's come this far. Sad for Nadal but he has a gold already from the doubles match he played yesterday.
Original post by Ashnard

Totally agree. The net has more personality than him.
What a tremendous final match at the women's. In total Monica Puig has it deserved to win the gold medal: she had stronger nerves, played great balls to force Kerber to make errors and last but not least she had an enormous precision. She was just better, especially in the third set. I will give her that. Kudos to Puic! it was a great success for Kerber to get the silver medal nonetheless.

Original post by Ladymusiclover
I want Del Potro to win. He's come this far. Sad for Nadal but he has a gold already from the doubles match he played yesterday.

I have just watched the last thirty minutes of the match. That was so exciting till the tie break brought about a decision. Del Potro has real chances against Murray after defeating Nadal and Djokovic before.
(edited 7 years ago)
After Del Potro took out Djokovic I really hoped it wouldn't be a flash in the pan performance so I'm happy he's been able to sustain his level and at the very least go away with a silver medal. With all the injuries Delpo's had and with who he's had to beat to get to the final I'll definitely be rooting for him against Murray. I have nothing against Murray and would support him against anyone but Djokovic but given the fact he's also already got gold from London, I really hope Delpo can get it.

Also thrilled for Puig that she pulled off the tennis tournament of her life to win not only the first Gold bur first Olympic medal for Puerto Rico, I hope this Gold can take her in to the next level because she's such a joy to watch when she puts it all together
What an amazing bronze
medal match! Nishikori deserved it but rafas fighting spirit never ceases to amaze me!
(edited 7 years ago)
Murray breaks and is then broken.
Broke back, held, broke back.

Loving the drop shots but they both seem nervy.
Such terrible umpiring there, challenged straight away
Will be hard for Del Potro to come back from this. Big shame to think that basic incompetence from the umpire may have cost him the set.

Quick Reply

Latest