The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kingofthejungle2
Hi, I was wondering whether I have a chance of getting into cambridge for medicine with 4 A's in AS Bio,Phy,Chem and Maths?

You need to be fluent in at least 3 languages too, one of them being Mandarin

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by drandy76

Posted from TSR Mobile

And the other must be either Latin or Ancient Greek.

Plus you need to be able to write in hieroglyphics.
Original post by Mathemagicien
And the other must be either Latin or Ancient Greek.

Plus you need to be able to write in hieroglyphics.

Don't forget for work experience you need to have done open heart surgery in 4 different 3rd world countries

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't forget for work experience you need to have done open heart surgery in 4 different 3rd world countries

Posted from TSR Mobile

They've changed it now, they actually need to (successfully) perform a level 3 brain surgery, using nothing but a pen and paper. Its to toughen things up since not everyone will have UMS.
Hi, I was wondering whether I have a chance of getting into cambridge for medicine with 4 A's in AS Bio,Phy,Chem and Maths?

Don't listen to these people

Work for a high BMAT score and relevant work experience
They've changed it now, they actually need to (successfully) perform a level 3 brain surgery, using nothing but a pen and paper. Its to toughen things up since not everyone will have UMS.

Great work from Cambridge, make the standards demanding but doable

Posted from TSR Mobile
What is your UMS average? You only have a chance of interview if your UMS is over 180%.

Also, you want at least 18A*s at GCSE, and all of them must be sciences.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Although evidently sarcastic, it isn't exactly comforting for a prospective applicant to be hit with this demeanor. You two were once applicants, so pipe down.

What is your UMS average? You only have a chance of interview if your UMS is over 180%.

Also, you want at least 18A*s at GCSE, and all of them must be sciences.

ahahhahah
ahahhahah

People on TSR are disproportionately qualified (according to the users themselves, at least) compared to most Cambridge applicants. You might make it into Cambridge without doing the above stuff, but will you make it into the exclusive Cambridge TSR society?
People on TSR are disproportionately qualified (according to the users themselves, at least) compared to most Cambridge applicants. You might make it into Cambridge without doing the above stuff, but will you make it into the exclusive Cambridge TSR society?

Lol I got a D in English last year and for the past 18 months or so, I have probably leaded the 'Cambridge TSR Society' with my amazing post count in this forum

Also, join the 2017 Applicants thread :wink:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3164815
The Official 2017 Cambridge Applicants Thread

Posted from TSR Mobile
I feel so inadequate reading this thread, particularly lately lol
Anyway less than 5 days to go... How time flies! I only recently remembered that I'd actually done EPQ too, and that result is coming out as well which is a strange feeling for some reason :lol:
Original post by C0balt
I feel so inadequate reading this thread, particularly lately lol
Anyway less than 5 days to go... How time flies! I only recently remembered that I'd actually done EPQ too, and that result is coming out as well which is a strange feeling for some reason :lol:

Lol I sometimes feel bad for being nervous about results when people have STEP and such

I forget about my EPQ. I hope I can get a C at least
Original post by Serine Soul
Lol I sometimes feel bad for being nervous about results when people have STEP and such

I just stay quiet for now lol
Hell will break loose if I see the gb tho
Hahaha as long as my EPQ is higher than my impending M3 grade I'll be ecstatic. :tongue:
Original post by C0balt
I just stay quiet for now lol
Hell will break loose if I see the gb tho
Hahaha as long as my EPQ is higher than my impending M3 grade I'll be ecstatic. :tongue:

Original post by Serine Soul

wow I forgot that even existed. So we get those results with other Alevels then? I thought I heard some people got their results earlier in the year
Original post by EnglishMuon
wow I forgot that even existed. So we get those results with other Alevels then? I thought I heard some people got their results earlier in the year

Yeah but i think they handed it in earlier
Original post by C0balt
Yeah but i think they handed it in earlier

ah ok. tbh I thats the only 'exam' where I don't know if I've gotten, could be A* or a C
@drandy76 @Mathemagicien Although I had a nice time laughing at your jokes it is not fair being that salty.
Original post by EnglishMuon
ah ok. tbh I thats the only 'exam' where I don't know if I've gotten, could be A* or a C

I don't think I got an a* but my teacher wouldn't tell us anything so no clue either
Original post by C0balt
I don't think I got an a* but my teacher wouldn't tell us anything so no clue either

we didn't even have a teacher :tongue:

Latest