The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4200
Original post by JMACM98
Rationally I'm sure it won't but I've read far too many horror stories and I'm not feeling rational at all atm.... Just pure panic lol

You've heard horror stories??
Boundaries coming midnight on the day - if a anyone gets earlier pls post
Original post by Windies
Boundaries coming midnight on the day - if a anyone gets earlier pls post

Which board? AQA is 8am on the 17th and Edexcel is midnight on the 17th no? OCR is also the 17th, with no specified time
Original post by emiloujess
Then hopefully they will have taken it into consideration. Best of luck :smile:

Cheers, I appreciate it; hopefully you smash your offer - best of luck to you!
Hi, lots of uni's are now in clearing and showing courses available. I have firmed and insured at two unis so do I or can I apply online for courses through clearing now? Or do I wait until results day? Thank you
Original post by Aph
You've heard horror stories??

Yeah... From TSR mostly so take it with a grain of salt. But ive heard one or two where someone gets "accepted" but they later find out it was a mistake and the uni has to contact them to let them know. Probably not true but terrifying to hear anyway
We can say that results day is THIS WEEK.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm applying for psychology in Birmingham. Any idea how over subscribed this course is? (do they release statistics or anything?) Is it a good thing or bad thing that there are no courses from Birmingham in clearing??
If I don't get in, would I be allowed to basically move into my friends dorm? :biggrin:
Original post by IRoranth
I preferred the Unit 1 paper, what about you? I got so confused with the excitatory/inhibitory stuff on unit 2 paper 😶

I prefered Unit 1 too!

I didn't revise as much as l did for Unit 2, and l think l flopped it but everything we learnt was in the paper.
Original post by zoex101
I'm applying for psychology in Birmingham. Any idea how over subscribed this course is? (do they release statistics or anything?) Is it a good thing or bad thing that there are no courses from Birmingham in clearing??

same here, psych at birmingham!! i have a feeling it's over subscribed deffo, the uni has advanced in the league tables and they've had to raise their requirements for psychology for 2017 applicants due to the popularity of the course - i have a feeling they might not be very lenient with results ://

and i'd say it's good for the university but bad for people interested in approaching birmingham through clearing lol
Original post by izzy_hill
same here, psych at birmingham!! i have a feeling it's over subscribed deffo, the uni has advanced in the league tables and they've had to raise their requirements for psychology for 2017 applicants due to the popularity of the course - i have a feeling they might not be very lenient with results ://

and i'd say it's good for the university but bad for people interested in approaching birmingham through clearing lol

oh dear!!! =( Id say hey future course mate but im not quite sure if i'm getting in at the moment :biggrin: how about leniency with equivalent grades, what's the chances of me being let in with A*BB?

Do you think you've met the offer?
Biochemistry at KCL and the offer is AAB but I'm expecting ABB or even BBB..now that's not good is it? I've heard tales about people getting in at QMUL with CCD or something but never heard of leniency on behalf of KCL 😳

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why do I not feel scared of results day yet wtf
damn, my emotions are all over the place. I need a distraction. anybody got any options?
Original post by MessyEffy
damn, my emotions are all over the place. I need a distraction. anybody got any options?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PC4PlIrcSic
Now things are getting scary

I LOVE MOCK THE WEEK HAHAHA!!!

thanks😂
Original post by MessyEffy
I LOVE MOCK THE WEEK HAHAHA!!!

thanks😂

Legend. I just love that episode so.. enjoy.
Original post by elliottls97
What do people think the grade boundaries for A/A* will be for Edexcel maths A2 and AS modules will be?

From the exams i did, i think it will be this for 80 UMS:
C1: 62/75
C3: 59/75
C4: 62/75
S2: 61/75

Quick Reply

Latest