The Student Room Group

Ashamed of being half siblings?

I know this family where the daughters ashamed of being half sisters, yet their Mum goes around telling their life story? Typical Asians 🙄

Then again, her Mum did marry what it seems like a pensioner. He has 3 sons from previous marriage and she has 1 daughter from previous marriage. Now, she has 1 daughter with the pensioner she married. They're half sisters and 9 years apart, but claim to be full which is fine by me. What I don't understand is, why are they ashamed when it's pretty obvious? Especially, when their Mum goes around telling their life story as I've said before.

Yet, she has the nerve to judge other families. No families perfect but Asians piss me off. Such hypocrites lol.

Ps, I don't want anyone to get offended about being half siblings. I personally don't see anything wrong with it, but in the Asian community it's not good. What pisses me off is their Mum goes around telling the life story so obviously people get curious and ask, they deny it. If they don't want people to ask, don't share your life story. It's similar to posting your problems on Facebook Twitter etc.

Anyone else had same experience?
Original post by Anonymous
I know this family where the daughters ashamed of being half sisters, yet their Mum goes around telling their life story? Typical Asians 🙄

Then again, her Mum did marry what it seems like a pensioner. He has 3 sons from previous marriage and she has 1 daughter from previous marriage. Now, she has 1 daughter with the pensioner she married. They're half sisters and 9 years apart, but claim to be full which is fine by me. What I don't understand is, why are they ashamed when it's pretty obvious? Especially, when their Mum goes around telling their life story as I've said before.

Yet, she has the nerve to judge other families. No families perfect but Asians piss me off. Such hypocrites lol.

Ps, I don't want anyone to get offended about being half siblings. I personally don't see anything wrong with it, but in the Asian community it's not good. What pisses me off is their Mum goes around telling the life story so obviously people get curious and ask, they deny it. If they don't want people to ask, don't share your life story. It's similar to posting your problems on Facebook Twitter etc.

Anyone else had same experience?

If I'm understanding correctly, you're being a bit harsh. An Asian mum (they can be very difficult) is saying things that the kids would never talk about (about their 'life story') and when the kids are asked about that, they deny it? Not sure what's so wrong with that.

Perhaps it is difficult to see unless you've got some half-relatives of your own. Maybe it's not the half-sister that's the problem but that their dad was special to them and they might not feel like they want him to be replaced, or for their mum to be with someone else.
Reply 2
Original post by SeanFM
If I'm understanding correctly, you're being a bit harsh. An Asian mum (they can be very difficult) is saying things that the kids would never talk about (about their 'life story':wink: and when the kids are asked about that, they deny it? Not sure what's so wrong with that.

Perhaps it is difficult to see unless you've got some half-relatives of your own. Maybe it's not the half-sister that's the problem but that their dad was special to them and they might not feel like they want him to be replaced, or for their mum to be with someone else.

The kids don't talk about their life story, the Mum tells everyone and anyone about their personal matters. I feel matters like this shouldn't be discussed, Asians do a lot of gossiping though. I just find it funny how they deny it lol. Shouldn't be so judgemental to other families, if you wanted to be treated nicely.

If the Mum is going around telling everyone what has happened, surely people are going to ask and get curious? If she didn't tell nearly anyone, then no one would have anything to say. She also talks about how people mistake her husband for being a pensioner because he "looks" like one. Which is true, but harsh.

As I've said before there's nothing wrong with having half siblings, what I don't understand is why the Mum is telling people what has happened?

It's similar to putting your problems on social media. Example: on Facebook then people are going to ask what happened etc.
Original post by Anonymous
The kids don't talk about their life story, the Mum tells everyone and anyone about their personal matters. I feel matters like this shouldn't be discussed, Asians do a lot of gossiping though. I just find it funny how they deny it lol. Shouldn't be so judgemental to other families, if you wanted to be treated nicely.

If the Mum is going around telling everyone what has happened, surely people are going to ask and get curious? If she didn't tell nearly anyone, then no one would have anything to say. She also talks about how people mistake her husband for being a pensioner because he "looks" like one. Which is true, but harsh.

As I've said before there's nothing wrong with having half siblings, what I don't understand is why the Mum is telling people what has happened?

It's similar to putting your problems on social media. Example: on Facebook then people are going to ask what happened etc.

Sorry, I misunderstood before - I see what you're saying now :tongue:

... it's interesting, maybe in general that's how Asian parents are used to living with their parents before them and in their communities, but this mum in particular I can't see being remarried and having children something to boast about incessantly - I wouldn't think it was the norm.

But it's important to remember that this is an Asian parent - sometimes it is diffiuclt to apply logic :tongue: or understand what they think about, but you're right, it is awfully strange.
Reply 4
Original post by SeanFM
Sorry, I misunderstood before - I see what you're saying now :tongue:

... it's interesting, maybe in general that's how Asian parents are used to living with their parents before them and in their communities, but this mum in particular I can't see being remarried and having children something to boast about incessantly - I wouldn't think it was the norm.

But it's important to remember that this is an Asian parent - sometimes it is diffiuclt to apply logic :tongue: or understand what they think about, but you're right, it is awfully strange.

LOL Asian people love to gossip about their personal matters then they get offended when people ask them. I don't think she's boasting, maybe she's depressed she married a pensioner (what he looks like now).

She remarried a guy who has 3 sons from previous marriage but they don't see him (wonder why) probably because of her. Yet, her daughter from first marriage always visits. Selfish, ah well lol.

All I'm going to say is, no one is perfect neither is their family. But if you're going to gossip about other families, then people will gossip about yours.
Reply 5
Unless you're one of the siblings or the mum, it's nothing to do with you. Let them say what they like. Being so bothered about other peoples business is also another asian trait. :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by A321
Unless you're one of the siblings or the mum, it's nothing to do with you. Let them say what they like. Being so bothered about other peoples business is also another asian trait. :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not bothered? If I was bothered then I'd ask about their family personal matters. I just find it funny how their ashamed of being half siblings lol.

Quick Reply