The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Does Nottingham have a leeway in their applications?

I received an A*AA or A*ABB offer at Nottingham earlier this year for Economics. However, my A levels didn't go as well as planned and I think I got AAAB, or AAAC. (the three A's I'm pretty confident about)

Would either of those grades get me accepted for the course or are Nottingham strict about their offer completion? Thanks.
According to 'Which? University' (here), the modal grades achieved by students doing this course at Nottingham were AAA in Maths, FMaths, and Econ. So, depending on your A-levels, the answer is probably yes.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Okay, thanks, that eases the stress out a bit. The A's are in Economics, Maths and Physics.
how long is a piece of string

if you 'near miss' your offer it depends who else has near missed - although with the relaxation fo restrictions for those with higher grades this is far less of an issue than it might have been a few years ago
Reply 4
In addition to DarkEnergy you might want to watch this. It's made by a guy from the Physics department at Nottingham but I'm sure it holds some relevance to other departments there too....tl;dr you do probably have a chance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvvF7-5SIJ8

Also, MANY universities do take people if they are one grade short...good luck!
*Edit* But also bear in mind that this was from a few years ago and things do depend/change on a yearly basis
Reply 5
Original post by zippyRN
how long is a piece of string

if you 'near miss' your offer it depends who else has near missed - although with the relaxation fo restrictions for those with higher grades this is far less of an issue than it might have been a few years ago

Sorry, what relaxation?
Reply 6
Original post by dripper
I received an A*AA or A*ABB offer at Nottingham earlier this year for Economics. However, my A levels didn't go as well as planned and I think I got AAAB, or AAAC. (the three A's I'm pretty confident about)

Would either of those grades get me accepted for the course or are Nottingham strict about their offer completion? Thanks.

When I went to the uni for the Economics open day thing the lady said they usually accept one grade below so for me the offer for Eco is AAA (I know I'm lucky haha) so she said almost all of the time they'll accept AAB and if you miss it by two grades I'm assuming ABB or AAC then they're probably going to accept depending on everyone else but less likely. Hope this helps! Maybe we will both see each other on the course come September!
Reply 7
Original post by LokStar
When I went to the uni for the Economics open day thing the lady said they usually accept one grade below so for me the offer for Eco is AAA (I know I'm lucky haha) so she said almost all of the time they'll accept AAB and if you miss it by two grades I'm assuming ABB or AAC then they're probably going to accept depending on everyone else but less likely. Hope this helps! Maybe we will both see each other on the course come September!

Is this BsC Econ? Nice. You must've done well in AS.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending