The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

how do we see what courses and universities are in clearing? is it only on results day, or can you find out earlier?*
Hey just wondering when universities can tell you if you've been accepted ie can they send welcome letters this week before results day or can they email you before track changes? Thanks!!
Original post by YaYazooGirl
how do we see what courses and universities are in clearing? is it only on results day, or can you find out earlier?*

On ucas there's a list that you can search :smile:
http://search.ucas.com
I think the remainder of the time before results day is going to go quite quickly :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Platopus
It's the University of Southampton, isn't it? :colone:

Spoiler

Nope :biggrin:
Original post by dodo15
Hey just wondering when universities can tell you if you've been accepted ie can they send welcome letters this week before results day or can they email you before track changes? Thanks!!

Universities are under embargo not to disclose anything resulting from the results until 6am on Thursday (and UCAS recommend they wait until 8am)
Please don't put any weight on the clearing listings over the weekend. Monday evening/Tuesday they'll be close to what will be available on results day
Less than 4 days for results and less than 3 for grade boundaries omg
image.jpeg
Original post by dodo15
On ucas there's a list that you can search :smile:
http://search.ucas.com

this is brilliant, thank you! :biggrin:
guys where do u find ur ucas number
Reply 4309
Original post by target21859
image.jpeg
great fun!!!

Original post by Algeriandz
guys where do u find ur ucas number

It's the number you use to log into track...
In November I applied for law after a lot of persuasion and pressure from my college, I was given a conditional offer from uni of Liverpool but I dread the thought of having to do the course and I have since around February. I've talked the whole situation through with my parents and they're really supportive of the fact I'd much rather do nursing which is what I wanted to apply for in the first place.
My problem is, what do I do if I get accepted into the law course? I didn't feel like my exams went well enough for me to reach the required ABB but what if the let me in on lower grades??
image.jpeg

This is what's on my countdown :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thevamps99xo
This is what's on my countdown :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're not using a widget? Android's widgets are so much better than IOS ones.
Original post by OGFakiie
If I get AAA at AS what do you think my teachers will most likely predict me for A2?

Depends on how high the As

Posted from TSR Mobile
Would you recommend looking on UCAS track first or looking at my results first?
You're not using a widget? Android's widgets are so much better than IOS ones.

I prefer to use a countdown app :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anniewoo
In November I applied for law after a lot of persuasion and pressure from my college, I was given a conditional offer from uni of Liverpool but I dread the thought of having to do the course and I have since around February. I've talked the whole situation through with my parents and they're really supportive of the fact I'd much rather do nursing which is what I wanted to apply for in the first place.
My problem is, what do I do if I get accepted into the law course? I didn't feel like my exams went well enough for me to reach the required ABB but what if the let me in on lower grades??

Ring admissions for Liverpool first thing Monday and explain the situation to them and ask them to let you go if you do make it onto their course on results day. It's a little late now so they may not be able to do anything about it as track is down until results day, so if not then ring back on results day if you get in and again ask to be let go. They won't be happy about it probably but just be insistent. Get confirmation in writing and ask for the persons name who you're speaking to so you have reference and proof. I think it can take up to 10 days for them to let you go so in the meantime you can look at courses on clearing that you're interested in or if you're taking a gap year and reapplying then just chill out until then
My college let me choose my own predicted grades. I don't know why lol

Lucky

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by elliottls97

Track so that you can react accordingly in the comfort of your own home and getting your grades first won't mean you know your fate whereas UCAS tells you the outcome regardless of grades
Reply 4319
Original post by elliottls97

Track

Quick Reply

Latest