The Student Room Group

CIE IGCSE Chemistry 2016

For anyone who did CIE IGCSE Chemistry this year, has anyone got their results back early?If so, how did you all do?!?!?!?!?!? Hope it all went well guys!😊
Original post by dp00
For anyone who did CIE IGCSE Chemistry this year, has anyone got their results back early?If so, how did you all do?!?!?!?!?!? Hope it all went well guys!😊

I did the exam this year, variant 1 (21, 41 and 61). I wish I got my results early like everyone else! I tried contacting my exam's officer to get my login details to view them online, no reply. Ngl, knowing they're available increases my anxiety. Hope you got/get the result you want!
Original post by CIEBioloysifh
I did the exam this year, variant 1 (21, 41 and 61). I wish I got my results early like everyone else! I tried contacting my exam's officer to get my login details to view them online, no reply. Ngl, knowing they're available increases my anxiety. Hope you got/get the result you want!
We did the same papers! I know right, i am so scared! It went alright for me and im hoping for at least an A. What are you hoping for?
Original post by dp00
We did the same papers! I know right, i am so scared! It went alright for me and im hoping for at least an A. What are you hoping for?

:redface: Cool! Looking back on the papers, I really can't remember what I put and it's making me really worried, I'm now trying to avoid them! I'm really hoping for an A*. Good luck with your results and I hope you get what you want!
:redface: Cool! Looking back on the papers, I really can't remember what I put and it's making me really worried, I'm now trying to avoid them! I'm really hoping for an A*. Good luck with your results and I hope you get what you want!
omg we are exactly the same! I cant remember either and im really stressing about it. Im pretty sure I got an A* but i didnt do well at all in the multiple choice!!
Original post by dp00
omg we are exactly the same! I cant remember either and im really stressing about it. Im pretty sure I got an A* but i didnt do well at all in the multiple choice!!

I'm really worrying that I put the wrong answers on all 3 papers; but I really can't remember as it was 4 months ago. I put the wrong experiment on papaper 6, but looking at the mark scheme it said "Any 6 from", and I put 4/5, I really hope I get 4 or 5 marks. What do you think?
I'm really worrying that I put the wrong answers on all 3 papers; but I really can't remember as it was 4 months ago. I put the wrong experiment on papaper 6, but looking at the mark scheme it said "Any 6 from", and I put 4/5, I really hope I get 4 or 5 marks. What do you think?
at least we are both in the same boat in terms of worrying!! I think I did really well! If you wouldn't mind could you link me to the mark scheme for the Alternate to practical paper. I dont think my experiment was right but it would be nice to know!! Please!!
Reply 7
Yup got me results a few days ago. Got an A* thankfully!
Aren't the results released for everyone on the same day?
Original post by tgys44

Quite a lot of people in the UK didn't get login details/have to wait until the 25th.
Original post by tgys44
if you dont mind me asking, how many UMS did you achieve. Do you also have an idea of how many was required for an A*?!?!?
Reply 10
I'm not quite sure as my school is yet to give me my detailed grades ( i only checked them online)
hi there (again).!! If you dont mind it would be nice to tell each other how we did on results day! Do message me! By the way, would you mind reattaching the unofficial mark scheme please?? I cant find it on the thread!! 😅😅
Original post by dp00
hi there (again).!! If you dont mind it would be nice to tell each other how we did on results day! Do message me! By the way, would you mind reattaching the unofficial mark scheme please?? I cant find it on the thread!! 😅😅

Yeah, that'd be awesome, I'll probably make a post on TSR anyway about results. Hopefully we both get what we want from our results!
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4243864&page=5
Someone posted the website on this page^^
Yeah, that'd be awesome, I'll probably make a post on TSR anyway about results. Hopefully we both get what we want from our results!
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4243864&page=5
Someone posted the website on this page^^
yeah let's hope so! good luck and thanks for everything!!
I did variant 1 and got an A*, the grade threshold was 135/200 for A*

Quick Reply

Latest