The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by the.chantele
For people going Uni this year, l need help. In some universities official website they have different requirements than on the UCAS website..so l don't know which website to use which shows the real requirements. Tips?

I've always gone by the official university website :smile:
Ok...so, I came to the conclusion that I have missed my Oxford offer (I'm way off the A boundary for two subjects).

And...Ill be reapplying cause my insurance sucks ass 😩😩😩😩.

Any support is welcomed. Thank you.
Arghh I just saw that the Admissions Assistant posted on the fb group for my firm uni.

She's probably seen my result and put it through to UCAS

I'm *****ing myself
Reply 4363
Original post by the.chantele
For people going Uni this year, l need help. In some universities official website they have different requirements than on the UCAS website..so l don't know which website to use which shows the real requirements. Tips?

Original post by laylarose
I've always gone by the official university website :smile:

Official website but don't be afraid to email up and check. My insurance option wouldn't have been on ucas if it weren't for me asking the uni

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by patricio_miguel
Ok...so, I came to the conclusion that I have missed my Oxford offer (I'm way off the A boundary for two subjects).

What's your insurance?
Reply 4365
Original post by mahmzo
Anyone who did AS's in these subjects? If so predicted grade boundaries anyone?

Edexcel Maths(C1,C2,S1)
C1 - A - 60
C2 - A - 63
S1 - 58
OCR A Physics (Breadth/Depth)
Breadth - A - 50
Depth - A - 55
AQA Computer Science
Paper 1 - Not sure
Paper 2 Not sure

personally for maths I would predict
C1-61 A
C2-64 A
S1-60 A
Original post by Serine Soul
What's your insurance?

University of Birmingham - uni that accepts anyone as long as you give them that 9K/year.
My friend got in last year with ADU 🙄. And they give out unconditional offers if u get an A in any of your subjects at AS.
University of Birmingham - uni that accepts anyone as long as you give them that 9K/year.
My friend got in last year with ADU 🙄. And they give out unconditional offers if u get an A in any of your subjects at AS.

I got 3 A's at AS and didn't get an unconditional offer, as with any university, it depends on the course you apply for.

I'm sure that's not true, the unconditionals bit. Have you looked into clearing? What unis do you have in mind?

Also, what course did you apply for at Ox?
When predicting ny grades, my maths and chemistry teachers gave the grades I wanted/needed to make an application to my first choice uni, but initially, my biology teacher didn't (well she was a sub). I talked to my AS biology teacher, told her how my UMS from AS shows it could be likely, and she changed it, and my permanent A2 teacher agreed.

That said, I know for definite that I've missed the prediction in maths :redface:

My head of year submitted my application and she asked me what predicted grades I wanted to enter... I could have said anything! :tongue:
For maths I resat C1 externally, will the new result be shown on the results at school?
Also, I definitely got lower on one of my economic modules that I resat this year, will the new UMS be shown on the results sheet even if it's lower?
All those got unconditional offers from UOB:

My friend got AABU (AS) - (anthropology)

Another one - ACC (AS) English Lit)

And another one ...ABBC (AS) (Philosophy)

Me - AAAA (AS) - French Studies and Linguistics
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4373
Arghh I just saw that the Admissions Assistant posted on the fb group for my firm uni.

She's probably seen my result and put it through to UCAS

I'm *****ing myself

Ahh you waiting on Newnham by any chance?
Original post by Franckenstar
That could mean you're in

Doubt it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Boundaries aren't published??
And what subjects?
Original post by -jordan-
My head of year submitted my application and she asked me what predicted grades I wanted to enter... I could have said anything! :tongue:

Should've put in A*A*A* and I applied for the very top courses!

Original post by Qrstuv
Ahh you waiting on Newnham by any chance?

Yes! You too??
Original post by Windies
Boundaries aren't published??
And what subjects?

I looked at the grade boundaries for the last 3 years.

English Language, Philosophy, French, Psychology.
can someone help me out

if i ring up my insurance tomorrow and ask them to reject me so i can be in clearing if i don't meet my firm offer then do you think they'll sort it in time for results day ? I've been thinking long and hard and I'd rather go to another uni through clearing and I have about 3 in mind that i will be ringing up....

What course did you apply for? What grades did you need?

Quick Reply

Latest