The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zacken
Lots of no maths. Had surgery. Chilled on the island. Currently engrossed with No Man's Sky. Not really thought about results day. I presume you've been productive as usual? :tongue:

How's No Man's Sky? I've been thinking of buying it
Original post by Mathemagicien
I actually spent a lot of time on my PS, I was quite hurt that it wasn't (seemingly) read.

Do you think that for sciences Personal Statements are more important?
Like come on, why wouldn't you read it!
Original post by BioOx

Maybe at least for biology; I imagine that there are work experience things you can include.

I imagine they are drowning in paperwork around the interview period :tongue:
Original post by BioOx

In my first NatSci interview they asked a question on an experiment I mentioned on my ps. Then in second interview a DoS said at the beginning "we've read your personal statement and I can see very much where you're coming from :smile: " or something like that. We had some spare time at the end so the DoS asked about my work experience... Idk I don't think they counted towards too much but at least it gave me something to show my interest in the interview...
In my interviews at Fitzwilliam I was actually asked about my Personal statement and they asked me to go through the proofs of Eulers Basel Problem(mentioned it in PS explaining how he proof was done) lol.
Thank god i knew it and understood it otherwise I would've been screwed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mathemagicien
Maybe at least for biology; I imagine that there are work experience things you can include.

I imagine they are drowning in paperwork around the interview period :tongue:

There are colleges that have like 5-6 applicants per course.I would be freaking surprised if they did not red their PS. I totally understand for Maths since some colleges have up to 70 applicants and you would have to talk only about competitions and etc.
Original post by Ayman!
How's No Man's Sky? I've been thinking of buying it

It's epiiiiic!! I've logged at least 6 hours over the past two days on it, it's not perfectly optimised and I needed to trade some graphics settings for playability, but that's to be expected on a laptop and a newly released game. Otherwise, the actual game is great, but not worth the $60... (I didn't buy it, I went the... other route).
How efficient is Cambridge at confirming offers on Track on results day? Are they usually quite slow, or can we except to know from 8am?
Original post by Platopus
How efficient is Cambridge at confirming offers on Track on results day? Are they usually quite slow, or can we except to know from 8am?

I suppose they should be quicker than other unis because of the colleges but who knows
Original post by Serine Soul
I suppose they should be quicker than other unis because of the colleges but who knows

I thought that, but then they weren't the quickest at uploading offers to UCAS...

If you have met the Offer conditions you should know at 8am. Judging by past years they are better at updating on Results Day than they are for Offer Day. :wink:

If it hasn't been updated AND you know you have missed the offer then email your college with your UMS.
I thought that, but then they weren't the quickest at uploading offers to UCAS...

I think they're under more pressure this time to let everyone know their decisions, whereas with the offers, they let people know by post/email before hand
Original post by jneill
If you have met the Offer conditions you should know at 8am. Judging by past years they are better at updating on Results Day than they are for Offer Day. :wink:

If it hasn't been updated AND you know you have missed the offer then email your college with your UMS.

Thank you. So, if I check track at 8am and I haven't met my offer, will anything have changed? Or will, my offer just have remained as conditional?
Original post by jneill

Is there a chance if i miss my offer track updates later on in the day by homerton?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you. So, if I check track at 8am and I haven't met my offer, will anything have changed? Or will, my offer just have remained as conditional?

I *think* it just shows as Conditional. I never saw my son's Track so I can't be sure exactly what it says... (he missed one condition but was accepted later that day - 2pm by a telephone call from the AT).

Original post by physicsmaths
Is there a chance if i miss my offer track updates later on in the day by homerton?

I *think* if someone has missed and been outright rejected (i.e. not summer pooled or anything) then it will be updated at 8am.
Original post by jneill
I *think* it just shows as Conditional. I never saw my son's Track so I can't be sure exactly what it says... (he missed one condition but was accepted later that day - 2pm by a telephone call from the AT).

Ah ok. I sort of would prefer a "you did not meet the conditions" message actually so I could be 100% certain.
Ah ok. I sort of would prefer a "you did not meet the conditions" message actually so I could be 100% certain.

As I said to physicsmaths, if you've definitely been rejected you will know at 8am. It's the near misses that don't show a change.
Original post by jneill
As I said to physicsmaths, if you've definitely been rejected you will know at 8am. It's the near misses that don't show a change.

Oh right, could you tell me what message I will receive if I have been definitely rejected? Thanks.
Oh right, could you tell me what message I will receive if I have been definitely rejected? Thanks.

These are the UCAS track status messages on Results Day.
https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/results/what-your-results-mean
Original post by jneill

Thanks. I have seen this, but couldn't see a status along the lines of "you have been rejected by X". There's only a status for if you are in clearing. I was wondering what my status would be on track if you haven't met your firm offer, but your insurance university has yet to either make your offer unconditional or send you to clearing.

Latest

Trending

Trending