The Student Room Group

The fibs your teacher told you in school [golden thread]

Scroll to see replies

We get sweets if we were well behaved, only happened once as teacher realised that by just saying it will happen will lead to a better behaved class.
Reply 281
'every body is a winner'
Teacher: it's my birthday
Student: happy birthday! How old are you?
Teacher: 21

*repeat every year*

Posted from TSR Mobile
That I'd have a bright future...

Reply 284
That my GCSE's would count! Except Maths and English above a C I haven't been asked once what the rest were!
Reply 285
Primary school, the moon was made of cheese and Mars was inhabited by aliens.
Reply 286
That GCSE's are the most important qualifications of your life.. They don't even make the CV..
"The first person to answer this question gets a chocolate bar!"

Hands go up everywhere....

3 years later....

"And here's your chocolate bar!"

This actually happened to me. He still owes me seven of them though :biggrin:
I dyed my hair a GORGEOUS shade of red in year 11, felt so good, walked around with my head held high all day then as I'm leaving the school gates my head of year comes up to me and sneers "That hair looks ridiculous on you", and it was a goddamn lie, because looking back - I looked FIERCE and a snooty woman just had to spoil my day with a nasty comment.
"I will predict you for a B grade on your uni application" Ha. That was a good one.

"Work experience matters for uni applications" Nah not really

"Join MUN it's fun and boosts your uni application" Not when everyone else already does it
Teacher: "Okay here's your homework class"

Class: "Ugh homework🙄"

Teacher: "It's reaaaally short don't worry"

The homework was 2 essays a worksheet and design your own survey and ask 20 ppl to fill it out😒

Posted from TSR Mobile
"There'll be cake and tea at X revision session after school Fridays!" Hurts me to this day :frown:
Original post by ImagineCats
"There'll be cake and tea at X revision session after school Fridays!" Hurts me to this day :frown:

I find that if you do get the promised food it's usually rubbish as well :rofl: At uni we got promised a buffet for the welcome day but it was just cold chicken and it was really disgusting :yuck:

Original post by PurplePixie96
I dyed my hair a GORGEOUS shade of red in year 11, felt so good, walked around with my head held high all day then as I'm leaving the school gates my head of year comes up to me and sneers "That hair looks ridiculous on you", and it was a goddamn lie, because looking back - I looked FIERCE and a snooty woman just had to spoil my day with a nasty comment.

That seems so unnecessary :angry: I'm sure it looked lovely!!

Original post by Tasty Apple
"The first person to answer this question gets a chocolate bar!"

Hands go up everywhere....

3 years later....

"And here's your chocolate bar!"

This actually happened to me. He still owes me seven of them though :biggrin:

At least you got the chocolate bar in the end!! :lol:

Original post by akeel98
Primary school, the moon was made of cheese and Mars was inhabited by aliens.

You're telling me that's not true?? :shock:

Original post by ActuallyIDo
That I'd have a bright future...

There's still time :heart:

Original post by extraordinaire
Teacher: it's my birthday
Student: happy birthday! How old are you?
Teacher: 21

*repeat every year*

Posted from TSR Mobile

:rofl: Every teachers favourite joke

Original post by themaryrose2000
''i promise i have marked it but I forgot it at home''

Also "I promise I've finished my homework I've just left it at home" :lol:

Original post by Tamuna10
Our teacher in primary school told us that if we didn't do homework birds would inform her about it xD (we believed :P )

That's so adorable!!
Original post by Snow Child
That Pluto is (was) a planet.

:cry: I miss Pluto
In Year 7 and 8 my teacher promised every lesson that he would mark all our books and give them back by the next lesson... I usually took him a few months. There's some work from halfway through Year 7 that he didn't give back to people in my class until the end of Year 8 and I never saw the project I stayed up until 1 am doing ever again (((I considered 1 am to be very late at night when I was in Year 8))).
He also regularly told us he'd give the whole class chocolate if he hadn't marked our books when he promised to. We got chocolate maybe twice(?) even though he promised it a couple of times a month for two years.
You need to do a language at GCSE to get accepted into the best universities. This lie was the reason half my year studied french.
A paper towel solves everything.

Grazed knee? Paper towel!
Broken arm? Paper towel!
You've smashed your head open? Paper towel!

Or that story about the boy who swung on his chair and cracked his head open, whenever someone swung on their chair. In year 6 I and my friend had a huge cupboard behind us, so we could rest on it if we swung back, and we still got scolded with the same familiar tale. :redface:
putting that you've earned certificates for minuscule things like best behaved student on your personal statement would make you stand out.
Original post by bissofly
You need to do a language at GCSE to get accepted into the best universities. This lie was the reason half my year studied french.

Omg! This exact thing happened at my highschool. I love French so I chose GCSE French regardless, but I HATED the fact I was surrounded by people that didn't want to be there because they had been forced because of the "English Baccalaureate" recommendations.
Reply 299
playing a game called sleepy lions where we had to sleep quietly on the floor and whoever was the quietest won...welll...the teacher just wanted us quiet for a minute i guess :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest