The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by naz.97
My course is no longer in clearing at my firm uni
And now my backup course has also been removed..
On top of that, I don't have an insurance because I got my offer through ucas extra
Really don't know what to do for my Plan B

I'm not entirely convinced that that means that you're screwed (even if you missed our conditions, and you won't know for sure about that) - they may have accepted you at their discretion anyway.

Original post by Serine Soul
I actually forgot my insurance offer because it's much lower compared to my firm, lemme check

That, and that your firm is your dream :redface: so wouldn't blaming you for losing sight of everything else.
Reply 4421
Original post by Sacred Ground
Course for your firm and where?

York, MMath Mathematics and Physics.
Original post by AmyPilot
Bet it's BBB because of MAP - that's what mine was back in the day - 2 grades lower than the usual offer hehehe

I remember you from 2 years ago :hide: how are you getting on?
Original post by Aph
What subject?

Biochem (at Manchester)
Bet it's BBB because of MAP - that's what mine was back in the day - 2 grades lower than the usual offer hehehe

ABB hehe

Did you get MAP bursary too?

Original post by SeanFM

That, and that your firm is your dream :redface: so wouldn't blaming you for losing sight of everything else.

Yeah, I didn't even think 'it's okay, I have my insurance' once when I was working for my exams, I just thought, 'I need to get in my firm, I need to get in my firm, even if it drives me crazy' :redface:

---------------------
Firm: A*A*A
Insurance: ABB

:redface:
I don't get it , is clearing already opened ?
Original post by fefssdf
I just asked this uni and it could take weeks for them to sort it out accordingly to people on here . I'm gonna call up my insurance tomorrow and ask to be rejected so I guess I'll find out whether they're gonna sort it out before Thursday or not :/

It could take a few weeks for them to release me into clearing? What? That doesn't even make sense. Would anyone recommend me ringing my Uni tomorrow and asking me to be rejected now as I definitely do not want to go there.
I actually forgot my insurance offer because it's much lower compared to my firm, lemme check

Lol my insrance was A*A*AA how dumb am I.
Why did i just pick warwick where my offer was pretty much unconditional.
Now im gna end up in clearing end up going to some next ******** uni doing like ****ing physics **** sake

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4427
Original post by Marccs
I don't get it , is clearing already opened ?

For all but A-level applicants.
Original post by SeanFM
I'm not entirely convinced that that means that you're screwed (even if you missed our conditions, and you won't know for sure about that) - they may have accepted you at their discretion anyway.

I hope so! My requirements are AAA, and I reckon I got A*AB , unless I managed to scrape an A in Geography
Original post by SeanFM
I remember you from 2 years ago :hide: how are you getting on?

I'm good thanks - 2 years down and 2 to go - can't believe how fast it goes lol. How are things with you? Good I hope. Can't seem to stop reliving results day threads though lol :colondollar:
Biochem (at Manchester)

ABB hehe

Yeah, I didn't even think 'it's okay, I have my insurance' once when I was working for my exams, I just thought, 'I need to get in my firm, I need to get in my firm, even if it drives me crazy' :redface:

---------------------

I used UofM as my insurance too so didn't go there - not sure I would have gotten the bursary though - don't qualify for any at my uni as I don't pay tuition fees (NHS funded course) so that disqualifies me boohoo
Original post by physicsmaths
Lol my insrance was A*A*AA how dumb am I.
Why did i just pick warwick where my offer was pretty much unconditional.
Now im gna end up in clearing end up going to some next ******** uni doing like ****ing physics **** sake

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know you've heard this time and time again, but don't worry, you will be okay.

Have you tried to call up Warwick, just in case?
I used UofM as my insurance too so didn't go there - not sure I would have gotten the bursary though - don't qualify for any at my uni as I don't pay tuition fees (NHS funded course) so that disqualifies me boohoo

My sis does Nursing at UoM and she gets MAP bursary alongside the NHS one so you would've :tongue:

Where do you go to? I'm sorry, I seem to have forgotten :colondollar:
My sis does Nursing at UoM and she gets MAP bursary alongside the NHS one so you would've :tongue:

Where do you go to? I'm sorry, I seem to have forgotten :colondollar:

Down the road at MMU - sad I missed out on the MAP bursary but MMU were the only uni to offer the joint honours course I do and this way I qualify as a speech therapist and get an accredited psychology degree too (just in case I want to change direction later on and do further postgrad studies). At least my debts after 4 years at uni will only be about £10K - thank you NHS. Good luck for Thursday but sure all will be fine
Biochem (at Manchester)

ABB hehe

---------------------

Well, you're halfway there with the crazy bit :colondollar: (just kidding, of course, though fair enough, you're no doubt under an increasing amount of stress the closer it gets)

Original post by naz.97

I hope so! My requirements are AAA, and I reckon I got A*AB , unless I managed to scrape an A in Geography

Best of luck, hopefully they accept you in either case.

I'm good thanks - 2 years down and 2 to go - can't believe how fast it goes lol. How are things with you? Good I hope. Can't seem to stop reliving results day threads though lol :colondollar:

I'm also halfway through :tongue: crazy how time flies indeed. :woo: (pardon the pun :colondollar:) yeah, it's just not the same with uni results days anymore :frown:
What is the time for AS edexcel result on 18th aug?
Original post by SeanFM
Well, you're halfway there with the crazy bit :colondollar: (just kidding, of course, though fair enough, you're no doubt under an increasing amount of stress the closer it gets)

Best of luck, hopefully they accept you in either case.

I'm also halfway through :tongue: crazy how time flies indeed. :woo: (pardon the pun :colondollar:) yeah, it's just not the same with uni results days anymore :frown:

Pun forgiven! You're right - the excitement for results day isn't as great but the relief when you passed sure is lol! Good luck with the next 2 years :smile:
Original post by AqsaMx
Does anyone know how long it takes for Universities to release you into clearing if you reject them? And could I call like now to tell them I no longer wish to be on the course?

On average it takes 48 hours from first contact. For some people where they can't get through to their university on results day (all the phones went down at Bristol last year and the lines everywhere are busy) or where their university isn't very cooperative it has taken up to a fortnight to arrange.

Call them tomorrow first thing but be prepared for an unhelpful response - they're extremely busy right now.
Original post by naz.97
My course is no longer in clearing at my firm uni
And now my backup course has also been removed..
On top of that, I don't have an insurance because I got my offer through ucas extra
Really don't know what to do for my Plan B

Clearing lists over the weekend are unreliable while universities process results. Check again on Monday evening/Tuesday morning. The courses listed then are what will be printed in the telegraph so universities try to get the listings right by then.
I am a bit confused about clearing process. Am I meant to sign up for clearing prior to results day in anticipation of not getting the grades I need, or do I only sign up on the day after getting results?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest