The Student Room Group

History, English Lit and Economics A-Level?

I'm thinking of choosing these three subjects at a level because I really enjoy them though I've never done economics. I don't know what uni couses I can do with theses options and also how hard are they? :tongue: thankss
Original post by funky23
I'm thinking of choosing these three subjects at a level because I really enjoy them though I've never done economics. I don't know what uni couses I can do with theses options and also how hard are they? :tongue: thankss

Do you have any inclination as to what career you want to go into? It's usually best to start thinking about these things; rather than going to uni for the sake of it.

History and English Lit are facilitating subjects; meaning they are subjects you need at A-level in order to study the subject at degree level. Economics isn't so if you wanted to pursue an Economics degree, you could get on it with/without the A-level. However, some courses expect Maths as an A-level.

You can get on a broad range of degrees like Business, Anthropology, Law, English, Classics, Business Management, etc.

You should really start thinking about what career you want to go into first. Try looking into numerous types of working environment and see if there's a particular one you'd like first. Then think about what degree you would need and then the A-levels to allow you to get onto that degree.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest