The Student Room Group

Primark job offer & induction

Hi, i received an offer for a job at Primark 10 days ago by email. It said to reply to the email to accept the job which I did as soon as I got it.

The email also said they will be in touch to achknowledge my acceptance for the job but I haven't heard anything back for them yet... I'm just worried that I'll leave my current job and then not have anywhere to go...

Has anyone else accepted a job offer and how long did it take to hear back from them?

Thanks in advance :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by jj0028
Hi, i revived an offer for a job at Primark 10 days ago by email. It said to reply to the email to accept the job which I did as soon as I got it.

The email also said they will be in touch to achknowledge my acceptance for the job but I haven't heard anything back for them yet... I'm just worried that I'll leave my current job and then not have anywhere to go...

Has anyone else accepted a job offer and how long did it take to hear back from them?

Thanks in advance :smile:

Call them?
Reply 2
Original post by Saba XD
Call them?

Don't have a contact number. Have already emailed twice. Was hoping to hear back from someone who already works there to find out how long it took for them to hear back after accepting an offer....
Give them a few days, then if not go into the store
Reply 4
Original post by jj0028
Don't have a contact number. Have already emailed twice. Was hoping to hear back from someone who already works there to find out how long it took for them to hear back after accepting an offer....

Google the branch phone number.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by jj0028

What @jneill said. :biggrin:
If you go on the website and search for that specific store it will give you the phone number for them :smile: I work for primark but it was a little different for me because they called to tell me I'd got the job rather than emailing. The process varies with different stores depending on how busy they are and things, but I'm sure if you call and ask to speak to someone from HR or management then they'll get everything sorted out for you!
Reply 7
Original post by KLouise99
If you go on the website and search for that specific store it will give you the phone number for them :smile: I work for primark but it was a little different for me because they called to tell me I'd got the job rather than emailing. The process varies with different stores depending on how busy they are and things, but I'm sure if you call and ask to speak to someone from HR or management then they'll get everything sorted out for you!

Thanks so much :smile: really helpful of you. Do you use workday as well? Before my induction I had to go on and complete some tasks like bank details etc. 3 of those tasks have gone into notifications and say to get in contact with the HR representative ...again I have no clue who that is or if we just do that on the day of induction. Any ideas?
Original post by jj0028
Thanks so much :smile: really helpful of you. Do you use workday as well? Before my induction I had to go on and complete some tasks like bank details etc. 3 of those tasks have gone into notifications and say to get in contact with the HR representative ...again I have no clue who that is or if we just do that on the day of induction. Any ideas?

Yeah I do, if you just mention it to them when you go in for your induction then they'll sort it out for you. I think when I did mine they just had to approve the details or something so that's probably all it is, just ask whoever does your induction about it because it'll most likely be a manager or someone from HR doing the induction for you anyway :smile: Let me know if you have any more questions and I'll do my best to help. And good luck!
Reply 9
Original post by KLouise99
Yeah I do, if you just mention it to them when you go in for your induction then they'll sort it out for you. I think when I did mine they just had to approve the details or something so that's probably all it is, just ask whoever does your induction about it because it'll most likely be a manager or someone from HR doing the induction for you anyway :smile: Let me know if you have any more questions and I'll do my best to help. And good luck!

Oh finally heard back from them today via email, so relieved! I approved all the tasks and details on myworkday but some have moved into my notifications folder so hoping that won't be a problem...

Quick Reply