The Student Room Group

Only revised 4 pages of chemistry. Should I do more? (starting AS in Sept)

I feel not in the mood today :P

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shohaib712

Good on you m8. I haven't even done 1!
Reply 2
Anything you do will be useful. Most people won't have revised at all :smile:
Reply 3
I start my second year of a levels and still haven't done any work over the summer
I've only read like the first chapter. I'm focusing on biology more, because of the enormous content.
Original post by Ezme39
Anything you do will be useful. Most people won't have revised at all :smile:

Thanks :smile: I feel much better now. I'll do more tommorrow then.
Original post by ColossalAtom
I've only read like the first chapter. I'm focusing on biology more, because of the enormous content.

I'm only revising over maths and chemistry for now because I dont think I have passed biology (I didn't revise for unit 3 but I'm sure I got A's in the other units)
Original post by cleggj88
I start my second year of a levels and still haven't done any work over the summer

Aren't you worried? I looked over the A2 modules and they look really confusing IMO
I did 4 pages today of the OCR chemsitry textbook. (I'm near the end of module 2)
Only 4 pages? You should be ashamed of yourself.

Spoiler

Original post by thatcooldude2.0
Only 4 pages? You should be ashamed of yourself.

Spoiler

lol
I'd advise to print out sheets of all the mechanisms and reagents/conditions you need to learn now to be prepared. There were a few good ones I found last year in forms of spider diagrams, I'll see if I can find them for you :smile:
Reply 12

If you're starting A-level this September, then there's no need to start learning everything by yourself (especially if you aren't sure of what you need to learn, and how). It really is a bit pointless, and you should just wait until you start.
Reply 13

Are you doing A2s now?
A2 biology isn't about learning the entire book, more about applying your knwoledge and knowing the basics of each chapter rather than acing it
I wouldn't start learning now btw but there are a few things you can do to prepare for example look up the specification and edit it to make it more shorter and more to the point, this will save you time when you are closer to your exams and you can just use it as a checklist. Also make cards for all the reagents and conditions you need to know that way you can just go over them before tests and not waste time making them again. Do you know what exam board you're doing for chemistry?
Original post by ,L,
Are you doing A2s now?
A2 biology isn't about learning the entire book, more about applying your knwoledge and knowing the basics of each chapter rather than acing it

Starting AS in September.

I'd like to know how everything works. I rather have a masterful knowledge than a vague understanding.
That's 4 pages too many.

You don't need to do any prep for your A levels. You should be outside having fun.

For biology make sure you use the spec and mark schemes, exam boards tend to be very specific in what they want you to write. :smile:
Aren't you worried? I looked over the A2 modules and they look really confusing IMO

No not really tbh, i work hard through the year and need a break. I am predicted BBBB which is what i need. What subjects are you doing next year?
Reply 19
All of you guys revising over the summer are SMART!! It'll be worth it for sure. Keep at it guys!

Quick Reply

Latest