The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

UEA Accommodation Info

Scroll to see replies

Speak of the devil eh!
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
How big are the bathrooms? I think that's one of my main concerns in terms of accommodation, I need space!
Reply 102
Original post by Aishadee
How big are the bathrooms? I think that's one of my main concerns in terms of accommodation, I need space!

It depends which accommodation. For the ziggs or Mary Chapman fairly big. For the village it's a tiny pod. For ensuite campus they're a reasonable sized ensuite.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kpwxx
It depends which accommodation. For the ziggs or Mary Chapman fairly big. For the village it's a tiny pod. For ensuite campus they're a reasonable sized ensuite.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks for letting me know! Now I know not to even consider village accommodation
Still don't have a accommodation offer, i am worried something happened, is this normal?
Original post by Terminator01
Still don't have a accommodation offer, i am worried something happened, is this normal?

Is your offer conditional? If so, then you won't get an offer until your place is confirmed post results day
[QUOTE="jelly1000;66931408"]Is your offer conditional? If so, then you won't get an offer until your place is confirmed post results day[/QUOTE

No, it is unconditional for 3 weeks now, that is why i am worrying.
Original post by jelly1000
Is your offer conditional? If so, then you won't get an offer until your place is confirmed post results day

Should i contact them?
Should i contact them?

As I said, if the offer is conditional its normal that you haven't heard from them yet and there is no need to contact anyone.
As I said, if the offer is conditional its normal that you haven't heard from them yet and there is no need to contact anyone.

But it is unconditional for a long time as i said in my previous post. The message didn't send well i think.
But it is unconditional for a long time as i said in my previous post. The message didn't send well i think.

Apologies, you didn't quite mnage to quote me so I didn't see it before. You can email if you want, but I suspect as your offer only turned unconditional in July they will sort out your accomodation with the conditional offer holders.
Apologies, you didn't quite mnage to quote me so I didn't see it before. You can email if you want, but I suspect as your offer only turned unconditional in July they will sort out your accomodation with the conditional offer holders.

I see, is it normal for students to wait this long for their accommodation offer after they had their place confirmed?
I see, is it normal for students to wait this long for their accommodation offer after they had their place confirmed?

It depends when you recieve your offer. Accomodation is allocated in batches, not as soon as someones offer becomes unconditional. One of those batches of offers is distributed a few days after A-Level results day, so those whose offers became unconditional on getting their A-Level Results wont have to wait long. However those whose offers become unconditional at other times will likely have to wait. In my case my offer became unconditional in March, I had to wait until the start of August for my accomodation offer.
It depends when you recieve your offer. Accomodation is allocated in batches, not as soon as someones offer becomes unconditional. One of those batches of offers is distributed a few days after A-Level results day, so those whose offers became unconditional on getting their A-Level Results wont have to wait long. However those whose offers become unconditional at other times will likely have to wait. In my case my offer became unconditional in March, I had to wait until the start of August for my accomodation offer.

I studied a BTEC so i don't see why they haven't given me one yet. How long should i wait before contacting them?

Do they email me the offer or sent it to my track?
(edited 7 years ago)
I studied a BTEC so i don't see why they haven't given me one yet. How long should i wait before contacting them?

Its up to you really, just be aware they will be likely very busy so don't expect an instant reply. And the way they do the allocating is that those whose offers became unconditional after a certain date have to wait until after results day. It's just due to the volume of applications they have to deal with.
(edited 7 years ago)
Its up to you really, just be aware they will be likely very busy so don't expect an instant reply.

Will i receive my offer in my email or on track?
Will i receive my offer in my email or on track?

email, accomodation is entirely seperate to track.

I have an unconditional offer as well and haven't received my accommodation either. If I remember correctly, I read on the website that if you apply for accommodation after 26 June then you'll get the room offer the week commencing 22 August.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Here you go https://portal.uea.ac.uk/accommodation/key-dates

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone else not staying in student accommodation?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending