The Student Room Group

What is the point of Malala?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by TheGuyReturns

:lol:

I don't know nor care who she is...but then it's self-evident you're envious...meh, not bothered.
Reply 41
Original post by Mozzajunior
That is not an argument. :rolleyes:

I'm not bothered......I stated my point and that's that...
Original post by armistiz
I don't know nor care who she is...but then it's self-evident you're envious...meh, not bothered.

Original post by armistiz
I'm not bothered......I stated my point and that's that...

You my friend have put into words PRECISELY what I and a lot of people are silently thinking but don't dare voice in the fear of offending people at this untouchable Goddess, Malala they worship. And please understand I DO NOT HATE Malala Yousafzai. I LOVE HER actually that I'd give her a big hug if I ever saw her in person. I am a Feminist. There are 2 Malalas here: 1) The innocent 15 year old girl who spoke out on girls education. 2) The Media Hyped little Busybody "Goddess" that you're not allowed to criticize. When I first heard about this 15 year old girl who was shot in the head by Taliban misogynists over girls being stopped from studying and education in case they get powerful and gain independence, I was so inspired and touched that this girl went on to survive the gunshot and made RIPPLES in the world when she spoke out in favor of education of girls. But now, this Teenager has bagged the Noble Peace Prize (previously given to Mother Theresa etc) for doing, literally NOTHING- you cannot blame her for that either because she was only 16 for God's sake! Moreover this poor girl is being USED and exploited by the western media and government for their very own selfish political agendas that have nothing to do with anything. But you know what DISTURBS me about Malala? The way way this young girl looks, behaves and dresses like an old woman. Literally - the way she nods/tilts her head... Not something a girl her age would do. And people say that's because she's wise beyond her years but I feel it's pretty annoying for her to just publicly and bossily comment on random political issues that have nothing to do with her and have everyone clap as if she saved 100s of lives in the process. I feel that they are using her and exploiting her and it's not fair even on the poor girl herself as she's capable pf a lot better. And also like you said... There add people who have been through a LOT WORSE than she, like the women and children held as sex slaves by ISIS amd raped, beaten and tortured with no escape on a daily basis- who's going to give them a Noble Peace Prize??
Reply 44
right, how about a little hype for the girls who actually died during the shooting?
Reply 45
Original post by princessmile
You my friend have put into words PRECISELY what I and a lot of people are silently thinking but don't dare voice in the fear of offending people at this untouchable Goddess, Malala they worship. And please understand I DO NOT HATE Malala Yousafzai. I LOVE HER actually that I'd give her a big hug if I ever saw her in person. I am a Feminist. There are 2 Malalas here: 1) The innocent 15 year old girl who spoke out on girls education. 2) The Media Hyped little Busybody "Goddess" that you're not allowed to criticize. When I first heard about this 15 year old girl who was shot in the head by Taliban misogynists over girls being stopped from studying and education in case they get powerful and gain independence, I was so inspired and touched that this girl went on to survive the gunshot and made RIPPLES in the world when she spoke out in favor of education of girls. But now, this Teenager has bagged the Noble Peace Prize (previously given to Mother Theresa etc) for doing, literally NOTHING- you cannot blame her for that either because she was only 16 for God's sake! Moreover this poor girl is being USED and exploited by the western media and government for their very own selfish political agendas that have nothing to do with anything. But you know what DISTURBS me about Malala? The way way this young girl looks, behaves and dresses like an old woman. Literally - the way she nods/tilts her head... Not something a girl her age would do. And people say that's because she's wise beyond her years but I feel it's pretty annoying for her to just publicly and bossily comment on random political issues that have nothing to do with her and have everyone clap as if she saved 100s of lives in the process. I feel that they are using her and exploiting her and it's not fair even on the poor girl herself as she's capable pf a lot better. And also like you said... There add people who have been through a LOT WORSE than she, like the women and children held as sex slaves by ISIS amd raped, beaten and tortured with no escape on a daily basis- who's going to give them a Noble Peace Prize??

although I agree with you.... * You* are officially a thread necromancer! This thread died back in 2014.:biggrin:

Quick Reply